Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need a summer job? Become a waiter!

Taz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I just got a job at Red Lobster and I have been going through rigorous training for the past week. I've realized that becoming a waiter can give you a huge boost in your quest to become a true Don.

Here are some of the advantages:

1) You MUST go up to complete strangers and act friendly and enthusiastic.

2) Many of these strangers may be hot girls, and there is absolutely no chance of getting rejected.

3) You learn flirting, persuasion, and listening skills.

4) You improve your skills in describing objects and eliciting feelings in the guest, using adjectives such as "succulent", "incredible", and my favorite - "humongous." Simply by using certain adjactives you can appear to be an excellent and well-worded speaker.

5) You learn to be an actor, putting on a smile and acting friendly despite how you may feel on the inside.

6) You MUST memorize entire paragraphs, and practice them constantly.

7) You're getting paid! (And the amount actually depends on how well you do.)

-READ THIS PART IF YOU'RE CONFUSED ABOUT #6:
Now, you may have heard that memorizing lines is pointless and that you want to seem spontaneous in order to be effective. Well, the key to spontaneity is preparation. This means practice, practice, and more practice.
I had to memorize and be able to recite a description of an appetizer, a beverage, and a fish entree. I practiced in front of the mirror, and then realized that in actuality I wouldn't be staring at myself when reciting these lines. So I went to my sister's room and got some stuffed animals and set them up in a table-like setting. At first I felt silly talking to them, but what I found fascinating is that when I made "eye-contact" with them, I got somewhat flustered and stumbled on my lines! After an hour of practicing, I had it down perfectly and I was also able to add more enthusiasm and personality. The next day I did an excellent job in the rehearsal training and I was complimented by all the supervisors.

Then it hit me. If I could spend one hour perfecting a short speech by myself and then doing an amazing job with real people, how can I use this to my advantage in getting laid? Patterns, i.e Speed Seduction! For those of you who don't know what they are, do a search on "layguide" and download the free version.
So anyway, I memorized and practiced my own version of one of the "incredible connection patterns." I went to a party later on that night and immediately turned on my playful "waiter" personality. Introduced myself to a girl, got a convo goin, busted some of my patented "judgement neg-hits" (I'll explain these in a different post), let loose with my rehearsed pattern, (which didn't even come out perfectly) and started making out with the girl. Got the digits and I will call her in a few days.

I'm convinced that my rehearsed pattern played a crucial role in this sweet success. It's almost as if my mouth was on auto-pilot, while my brain could think of something more spontaneous. Trust me, take the time to master this skill and you will not be sorry. I'm gonna continue doing this exact method and pattern just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice tip!

You almost make me want to be a waiter...

RogueMarauder

Reaction score
I can attest to this. I became a server right out of highschool because I thought I would improve my social skills if I was forced to talk to strangers.
Now I was about as introverted as guys come, and the first few months of waiting tables SUCKED. Every day I was convinced they were going to fire me... I acted flusterd and scared, I was apologetic to every customer, sensing they thought I was lousy at my job.

Then something clicked. I think they had me working so much that I was too tired to figure out what all the customers were thinking. But huge surge of confidence came over me when I realized that the guests didn't control me, I controlled the guests. But like any time you have a turn-around in attitude, you have to get back to where you started before you can improve yourself. In about a year working in that restaurant I was the most popular server there and my tips were great.

I have to argue with Taz in that many of the customers are hot girls, and the ones that are 90% of the time have a date sitting across from them (flirting with them = 0 tip), which doesn't leave much left for great practice. But you talk all the time and have to stay in a good mood (for me, acting happy usually makes me genuinely happy.), and it's easy as pie to score with female coworkers, who are almost always attractive by default of the profession. Not to mention the high turnover of servers means there's a new girl every couple of weeks to work on.
But all in all you've got to be open minded with a lot of patience... this isn't a job for everyone, believe me.

Specter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thats going to be my job in 3 weeks, at a hotel-restrunt

moviefreek

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually been thinking about doing this, cause the job i have now, takes away from my social aspect so much, its unbearable, i don't see the costumers i work in the back unloading trucks, previous jobs i had to work with customers. This sounds like a job for me, i'm a people person, and i do hear the money is good, Think I'll give it a try.

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THIS IS ALL TRUE--

If anybody decides to follow through:

MAke sure you read "Tips for Snagging a Waitress" by 'Galactus' (its in the bible) and "Tips for Snagging a Waitress II: The Barmaid", by yours truly.

Because sooner or later you will be inclined to make a move on one of your coworkers, and these posts give you an overview of the service industry woman.

Peace and good luck

------------------
"We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster. There's no point in waiting for the cavalry, because, as of this moment, the cavalry is US."
-- The Shoveler, "Mystery Men"

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old ya gotta be to be a waiter? i hear ya gotta be 18, im 16
. i wanted to work at the surf shop too... one guy said u could be 16 but an older dude said u gotta be 18 so :/.

UnluckynLuv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to be 18 to serve beer and wine. which is ironic, cause you can sell it, but not buy it.