Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nature of GOD and its relationship to DJing

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
God

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, ****in' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never. "

I heard this and it struck me i mean i belive in God but that sounds almost true. Were given all these desires to fu*k and then were told not to do it. Being a DJ is wrong acording to the bible but everyone here has a desire to be one..................Why?

Ninja out

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend you do a study on the corruption of the church. Even righteous actions of the church were sins that were revealed later on in the 'writings' drugs and alcohol prevailed and prejudice is still prime suspect...

find one religion that encompasses proper etiquette and NO deception or fear as a means of attaining a tithe...

the DJ bible:) this place is free, and encourages true communion:)

PS

the 'white' churches are only for those who NEED that 'imaginary friend' to lean on... don't lean to hard, or you WILL go crazy

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read a book called "conversations with god". Probably the most influential book I've ever read.

And no, I'm not religious, and neither is this book.

Evangenlion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be talking about GOD like u know him or what his doing. Stop guessing, your embarressing yourself man.

look at it this way, your intelligence is like nothing compared to GOD's, so better learn you place in the world.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evangenlion
Don't be talking about GOD like u know him or what his doing. Stop guessing, your embarressing yourself man.

look at it this way, your intelligence is like nothing compared to GOD's, so better learn you place in the world.
he used a quote... he quoted someone else... those were NOT his own words... all he said was it seemed TRUE TO HIM... his own opinion.

I have my own opinion about God.

I hate when I'm at service... (NOT mass) I go to a church in a so-called rich, upperclass city.. They pray hard... PRETEND to cry (if they even can) and raise their hands to "recieve Gods glory"... blah blah... THEN after mass... they go and speed off onto the road to hurry and leave church... ONLY to go to Bob Evans... pathetic huh? (Im not saying everyone is like this)

Christianity+Muslim+Judaism (sp?) are all focused on one God, but they all have their own savior. They call God other things like Allah, or Jesus.. or whatever...

Another thing is... i was at Panera bread and i saw something on the table that said:

"You better believe in God... if you don't it would have been better off if you weren't born at all.

<insert Bible verse>"

more stupid Christian things are

www.godhatesfags.com

www.landoverbaptist.org/ -- VERY BAD SITE

im sorry if i wasn't allowed to post these sites... it just makes me mad about how hypocritical most "religious" zealots are.

Things like this made me the way i am about religion... i have semi-evidence to back my self up... i don't have to rely on my "faith" to back me up... I know my family is Christian... and I should be following them.. but i eve ntalk to them about how i feel about the b/s people in/after church.

And i know it should be religious for God, and not because other people... but this is how i feel...

peace out dogggggs

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evangenlion

I agree with this, but shouldn't your name be Evangelion?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: God

Originally posted by Black_Italian

I heard this and it struck me i mean i belive in God but that sounds almost true. Were given all these desires to fu*k and then were told not to do it. Being a DJ is wrong acording to the bible but everyone here has a desire to be
where does God forbid sex in the Bible? the commandments for anti-fornication/not messing around with the wife of another man are good rules to follow and would make the world a better place if we all did. We can type a whole thread about the consequences of breaking those 2 laws (single moms on welfare/stds/aids/overpopulation/poverty/foster kids/boys without dads, and millions other consequences) and all of that just for a few seconds or minutes of lust/pleasure which is sex.

Yes the rules are strict I agree, but when you use your head and really think about it in a mature way they are good rules. Our society puts way too much emphasis on sex. Men are too obsessed with sex instead of being obsessed with what is really important which is going to school, studying hard, getting a good carreer and job and retiring young. We put more emphasis on sex than looking out for our own future. Of course you can't blame us for everything since the media and society bombard us with the notion of sex all the time so we become obssessed with it.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
So this board is between 15 -25 years old right? Born in the 1980's

And To think YOU... YOU surely believe there is no God, YOU believe all religions are the same... or YOU believe God is this way or works that way.

based on Misconceptions and events in your life.

I respect your opinion, and you can be sincere all you want...

but who knows u could be sincerely WRONG...

I had a hard up bringing, a rough childhood... My parents would fight alot and I cry alot, and alot of times yelled at, and hit at. And most of the time Im insulted and scolded for little things...

But I remember when I was young, when I gaze into the sky... It is so peaceful, i knew God was there..

I tell myself... Why Blame God, when ultimately its Man's fault... Ive said that when i was young, and today... its still the same...

Suprisingly My parents are still together and they are more happy then ever before...

Today, I don't belong to a religion, I have a personal relationship with Christ.

If you want to believe what other people say rather then the bible, be my guest... but keep one thing in mind

Why don't you give these people a chance tell you there story..

http://www.unshackled.org/

Thanks for hearing me

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All I have to say about this topic is thinking about the nature of God is mental masturbation and a complete waste of energy. Wars, murders, massacres, freakin crusades and countries being seperated because all in the name of God. The truth of the matter is the nature of God is what it is, a mystery that we shouldn't try to understand but learn to accept. It's just a waste of time trying to learn the X's and O's of God.

Personally, I don't practice any religion though I'm openminded about them and try to consider their views before my own. The problem with religion these days is it's way too damn serious and is a bit of a guilt machine. Before you subscribe to any religion, i advise you to do some research and learn and THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave up my belief in God quite some time ago. As for the bible, I believe it is a book written by man.

Someone wrote this on another forum, and I believe it make a lot of sense:

If God exists and he has authored a book, then it should be a pretty good one. There should be no contradictions, errors, or logical flaws; it should be clear, easy to read, consistent, and accessable; and, it goes without saying that it should be morally irreprehensible.
And guess what? The bible contains ALL of these flaws.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: God

Originally posted by Black_Italian
"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, ****in' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never. "

I heard this and it struck me i mean i belive in God but that sounds almost true. Were given all these desires to fu*k and then were told not to do it. Being a DJ is wrong acording to the bible but everyone here has a desire to be one..................Why?

Ninja out

I have a general rule of Ignoring any text about Religion that involves Capitalization of Pronouns.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If God exists and he has authored a book, then it should be a pretty good one. There should be no contradictions, errors, or logical flaws; it should be clear, easy to read, consistent, and accessable; and, it goes without saying that it should be morally irreprehensible.
That's a good quote.

As for the Bible: it was written by a man...Like the Koran, they, from what I understand, are interpretations of the "word of god." Like, someone basically had god speak to them (or communicate in some way) and the holy books are mankind's attempt at deciphering what he meant.

That's how I always understood it, anyway. I might off, as its been a while since I've looked at the stuff.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
Prove to me the existence of this god and then we can continue with the discussion.
You'd be amazed how many times those very words have been spoken on this forum...It's staggering :)

The best responce is: "Prove to me it doesn't exist."

There are no definitive answers to the question; no way to fully prove either.

Each inferance is equally probable, if not equally accurate, simply because each one of them remains equally unprovable.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CableLight

The best responce is: "Prove to me it doesn't exist."

There are no definitive answers to the question; no way to fully prove either.
It's interesting how the god question always gets the same answer as "Why?"

"Why not?"

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a notice - crossposting is against the forum rules. If this thread is reposted in DJ Discussion any again, both threads will be deleted - the one in AE and the one in DJD. Thank you. By the way, if this gets out of hand it will be locked or deleted at the moderator's discretion (anything regarding politics or religion is kept on a very, very, very tight leash... so control yourselves).

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever since the dawn of time we've all argued about religion. It's pointless - we're never going to change each others minds, and it ends up getting nasty. Let's just accept each other, for, err, Gods sake.

I don't believe in a god. I have good reasons for not doing so, which are personal to me.

You might believe in a god. You probably have good reasons for doing so, which are personal to you.

I have no problem with religion at all. I suggest that all the other atheists follow my example. I hope that Christians don't have a problem with us, or with other religions for that matter.

Now, back to the original question:

"I heard this and it struck me i mean i belive in God but that sounds almost true. Were given all these desires to fu*k and then were told not to do it. Being a DJ is wrong acording to the bible but everyone here has a desire to be one..................Why?"

I have no views on this but I'd be interested in hearing others opinions.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no views on this but I'd be interested in hearing others opinions.
Allright, here's mine:

Were given all these desires to fu*k and then were told not to do it.
..................Why?"
The same reason God gave Adam & Eve a tree and told them not to eat from it.

As for my thoughts on the Garden of Eden, I'll keep those to myself to avoid offending anyone.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I think we were given a desire to fvck and then suggested to control it, rather than being made to. Free will and all that. Thats what I'd say if I was religious, anyway.

squishy

Don Juan
Reaction score
As aspiring DJ's, all of you should be trying to constantly improve yourselves in one aspect or another.

I personally believe in God. I'm not a devoute follower, however i try to stick with alot of the rules of Islam.

However, if I were not to believe in God, ALOT of the rules in the bible and Koran would still be of a great inspiration to me, simply because of their practicallity and usefullness.

I mean, its fine by me if you choose not to believe in God, however you have no excuse for ignorance and making excuses not to learn some important life lessons from religions(i dont mean this as an offense to anyone, it might be interpretted differently from what i meant).