Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Narcissism just seems like a disorder that describes men

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl told me that I’m a narcissist and since I don’t know much about that stuff I just made some online test. I noticed that all the answers that make you a narcissist are just masculine traits like being decisive or wanting to be a respectable person. If you daydream being a successful person, you’re a narcissist wtf?!

If you'd like to be a leader and if you don't like being called an '' average joe '' you're also a Narcissist. Correct me if i'm wrong but narcissism just seems to be a ''disorder'' called masculinity.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a civilized society masculine traits are not ideal. That is why Roosh said in his forum be beta in the forum. That might be true with this forum too. One masculine trait for example could be seen about the right of the strong.

As we are not really a civilized society the value of masculinity is different than the ideal I guess

Serenity

Reaction score
Lol, apparently I'm high risk with 20/40 "strong narcissistic tendencies". Haven't met a single soul who would agree. Most questions are within normal characteristics of a person, regardless of what you answer. It's absolutely sh!t for any sort of serious diagnosis.

I don't think this one is so much about gender bias. I see on the results page they offer counselling, that's what they're selling. They have monetary incentive to create a lot of false positives to get more people to pay for counselling.

Actual narcissism constitutes way worse things than this test asks about. It's not that narcissism is the same as masculinity, it's just that this is a sh!t test designed to capture most men into reaching out for and paying for counselling they don't really need.

A good ol' money grab.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That test is pretty spot on for the signs of being a narcissist. It covers the bases. Another symptom of narcissists is that they have trouble handling criticism. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true.

That said there's a big difference between wanting to be better than you are today and actually believing that you're better and more capable than everyone else.

I have struggled with quite a few of the symptoms myself over time. I was far more narcissistic about 10 years ago when I was a stuck-up progressive, and I still catch myself saying things that I immediately recognize as narcissistic after I've said them. For example, I tend to be a one-upper in larger social groups, and there isn't much I can do to stop it other than let others speak.

I know I'm smarter than most people, but that doesn't make me better than them.

There is nothing wrong with being an Average Joe and you are not special.

The truly ironic thing is that, as I've worked at becoming less narcissistic (letting go of the ego), I've gained more confidence than I ever had before.

Also, men are statistically more prone to narcissism than women, so it IS a male trait. The same can be said for psychopathy.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That test is pretty spot on for the signs of being a narcissist. It covers the bases. Another symptom of narcissists is that they have trouble handling criticism. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true.

That said there's a big difference between wanting to be better than you are today and actually believing that you're better and more capable than everyone else.

I have struggled with quite a few of the symptoms myself over time. I was far more narcissistic about 10 years ago when I was a stuck-up progressive, and I still catch myself saying things that I immediately recognize as narcissistic after I've said them. For example, I tend to be a one-upper in larger social groups, and there isn't much I can do to stop it other than let others speak.

I know I'm smarter than most people, but that doesn't make me better than them.

There is nothing wrong with being an Average Joe and you are not special.

The truly ironic thing is that, as I've worked at becoming less narcissistic (letting go of the ego), I've gained more confidence than I ever had before.

Also, men are statistically more prone to narcissism than women, so it IS a male trait. The same can be said for psychopathy.
Well, many men have trouble handling criticism. I'm not saying i don't like it, it just makes no sense.

I think you were just a man and having an ego doesn't make you mentally ill. There is nothing wrong with being an Average Joe but i don't want to be one. I'm a man and i want to make the best out of my live. I don't think that i have a disorder because of that.

You said it yourself. You worked on letting go your ego but they say narcissism is a disorder that needs to be treated.

You can invent a ''disorder'' called narcissism to describe masculine traits or just say that men have certain characteristics. You don't have to call it a disorder and claim that the majority of men have one.

Serenity

Reaction score
That test is pretty spot on for the signs of being a narcissist. It covers the bases.
The problem with that test isn't that it doesn't cover the bases, it's that it covers waaaaay too much. I'm pretty sure a large portion of just ordinary people would score as a narcissist on that test, yet less than 1% of people have real NPD.

That test is pretty spot on for signs of being a normal person, it's pretty sh!t at sorting out someone with actual NPD from everyone else.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All human beings are at least a bit narcissistic... it doesn't cross the line as a personality disorder unless your self absorption prevents you from seeing reality, and placing too much value on people who like you that in reality are not helpful to your purpose. I have seen this a lot with business owners I have worked with... they surround themselves with sycophants and @ss-kissers who will always agree with whatever stupid idea they might have. Loyalty is important, but it can not be the ONLY thing you care about.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More men are narcisstic than women but most women are solipsistic and/or BPD which is much worse.

Also that test is worthless, I'm pretty narcisstic but it only gave me a 13/40.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More men are narcisstic than women but most women are solipsistic and/or BPD which is much worse.

Also that test is worthless, I'm pretty narcisstic but it only gave me a 13/40.
so you think Girls do have a point when they call us narcissist? We have a disorder because we are men?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so you think Girls do have a point when they call us narcissist? We have a disorder because we are men?
I don't know, I don't really think the things women say have any credence anymore.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course men are more narcissistic. A lot of bragging is going on. Another thing is when men identify with their favorite sports team in order to pump their ego. Oftentimes you can't have a talk because of lying in order to keep the masculine frame.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course men are more narcissistic. A lot of bragging is going on. Another thing is when men identify with their favorite sports team in order to pump their ego. Oftentimes you can't have a talk because of lying in order to keep the masculine frame.
men do have these characteristics but why do we have to call it narcissistic? These are just traits many men share. Women call us sick narcissists all the time. IMO it’s just overused. I mean sure there are men who are extreme but just because I have some of these traits I’m not partially narcissistic or a little narcissistic

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Narcissism -
excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance.

• PSYCHOLOGY
    selfishness, involving a sense of entitlement, a lack of empathy, and a need for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
I'd say this sums up all the AW on Social Media who are mostly female. IMO in today's culture, there are more females than males.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
men do have these characteristics but why do we have to call it narcissistic? These are just traits many men share. Women call us sick narcissists all the time. IMO it’s just overused. I mean sure there are men who are extreme but just because I have some of these traits I’m not partially narcissistic or a little narcissistic
What else do you want to call it? Lying and bragging aholes?

Humans are build to survive so these traits seem to help at least in a not so civilized environment.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
having narcissistic traits isn't the problem, it's when you have the disorder that is the problem.

These are some of the mayo clinic telltales of the problems of someone with NPD
  • Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation
And again, most people who accuse someone of somthing have that problem themselves because they can only percieve the world thru the filter of their own reality.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
having narcissistic traits isn't the problem, it's when you have the disorder that is the problem.

These are some of the mayo clinic telltales of the problems of someone with NPD
  • Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation
And again, most people who accuse someone of somthing have that problem themselves because they can only percieve the world thru the filter of their own reality.
Truth. ^^^^

Everyone has varying degrees of narcissism on a spectrum but there is a point where it becomes an actual disorder(NPD) which then becomes an actual problem.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
terrible test. hits at pride and self-worth, not NPD. done a good amount of research on NPD, IMO this test is not a good indicator.

interesting ideas on it; https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/narcissism-vs-aspergers-how-can-i-tell-the-difference-1114174 I believe this author describes the condition well but does leave out some of the more ugly behaviors. NPD list given fits many more women than men in my opinion. More men fit the other one.

These sorts of test have to do with self-perception, often another person will judge us different than we do ourself.