Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Name change

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was born my parents decided to name me "Aaron" even though they also loved the name "Ari". So ever since I was in elementary school my friends have always called me Ari. Even my name on the school roster was Ari. However, my junior and senior year of high school my parents had to change my name on the roster to Aaron so colleges wouldn't think I was somebody else when I applied. Whenever we had a substitute (or on the first day of class) the teacher would call me Aaron and I had to tell him my name was Ari. For many of my friends (besides those that went to my bar mitzvah) this was the first time they heard that my actual name is Aaron.

Anyhow, now I'm off to college and feel like the name Aaron suits me better as I enter a new stage in my life (and it seems more mature). To me, Ari, seems like a great name for a kid growing up, but doesn't suit an adult as well. I was actually thinking about going by Aaron in high school, but it would've been too weird. But in college I'll be meeting tons of new people and I feel like this is the right time. My only concern is that I have probably about 50 of my friends going to the same college as me and I just don't want them to think I'm trying to forget my old life or anything. It has nothing to do with that. In fact, I told most of them to still call me Ari, because it'll be a homely reminder of my middle school and high school days.

Do you guys think this is a horrible mistake I'm making? Have you ever gone by two names before with different people?

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Respond to both, but when introducing yourself say your name is Aaron.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
The name Ari is much too Jewish for anywhere other than the IDF. Same goes for names like Mohammed (spelled a zillion different ways). Cool if you are in Mecca, but not so cool in Middle America. Both names kinda invite trouble. Kinda like the Jesus Freaks who wear annoying shirts proclaiming how they are Christian and you are probably not.

I say go with Aaron. I went to school with a guy whose parents gave him the name, Vijay. WTF?! He didn't even speak good Hindu. We all called him Vick.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went by two names in 8th grade. Biggest mistake of my life.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh my gosh. big freakin deal.

are you serious? i cant believe you actually looked into this that much to write about it.

who cares? introduce yourself as aaron... why would you introduce yourself by using your nickname. thats lame.

no one will think youre trying to lose your old life, dude. jeez if they do tell them to grow up because whn people get to college EVERYTHING changes. people who used to shave start to grow beards... people who who used to wear hats backwards dont anymore... whatever... people want to seem older.

give them your first name, if they get interested by you they will ask your last name... then you can tell them what people call you by to make it easier for them.

Soapz

Don Juan
Reaction score
My name's Aaron.

It's a good name.

Means bringer of light or something.