"N-Large 2"

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, it's WHEY, not WEIGH. Second, other whey products have an ok price per serving and no carbs. All weight gainers are overpriced and useless in comparison to real food. If you want to get fat and insulin resistant and burn a hole in your wallet than by all means go at it. If you want more carbs, drink a lot of milk, eat fruit, eat yogurt, veggies, buy honey roasted peanuts (healthy and tasty), drink 100% fruit juice, eat a LOT of peanut butter sandwiches, and bread in general.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still what I said, the real food. -_-
Vegetable, red meat, white meat, bagel, fruits, etcetc. -sigh- You need to learn to cook which I don't blame ya, cause I can't cook myself. :D

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ IronGirevik
First of all, it's WHEY, not WEIGH.
heh, I knew that too :p force of habit to spell it like that I guess

Originally posted by DJ IronGirevik
All weight gainers are overpriced and useless in comparison to real food. If you want to get fat and insulin resistant and burn a hole in your wallet than by all means go at it. If you want more carbs, drink a lot of milk, eat fruit, eat yogurt, veggies, buy honey roasted peanuts (healthy and tasty), drink 100% fruit juice, eat a LOT of peanut butter sandwiches, and bread in general.
Alright, you and Saine seem to know what your talkin bout, so Ill eat more of these types of foods...plus a protein supp for working out. Thanks to you both :D

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a bullsh1t thread this has turned into. Getting hot under the collar about a fvckin weight gainer. NLarge2 is relatively LOW in sugar compared to many. At your height and weight the sugar content is nothing to worry about anyway. Yes, NLarge2 is an effective weight gainer and ideal for guys like you who have a hell of a time putting on any weight. It contains a good amount of calories and is very high in protein if you follow the recommended dose. It goes without saying you should be eating large amounts of whole foods first and foremost but to get in the extra calories you need, a gainer like this is ideal.

Take it after a workout and first thing in the morning. Any other time you may not be able to eat a meal might be an idea too. You'll get through the stuff pretty quick but it's not expensive if you shop around. Buying it in bulk online will save you plenty.

You're skinny as a rake, stop thinking and start eating - anything in sight would be a good approach. Trust me, you ain't gonna get fat, 15 years of training myself and plenty of skinny guys has shown me that.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jimbo -- I feel your pain. I was 6' and 137 a year ago. Now I am 158.

Please read my Guide to eating

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/sh...33874&perpage=20&highlight=guide&pagenumber=2

And anyone that tells you protein isn't beneficial when gaining weight needs to be shot. You need protein but you don't need mad quantities of it. 1 gram for every pound of body weight is sufficient.... More if you are cutting.

NLARGE is crap by the way. Here's what I do...

I get all my weight training stuff at Max Muscle. Either go to a store near you or call one of them and they will ship stuff to you. It is a little more on the expensive side but well worth it.

Get a tub of High 5 Protein and a tub of CARBOMAX. Everytime you drink a HIgh 5 Shake, add a scoop of CARBOMAX to it. It is 57g of complex carbohydrates (NO SUGAR). You will then get a good, all around shake w/ 3g of fat, 58g carbs and 26g of protein (35g w/ NF wilk). Your body can't absorb much more than that in an hour anyways.

You need to eat man and eat CLEAN FOODS. No junk. Use this schedule when you eat.

WAKEUP: CREATINE
30 MIN LATER: BREAKFAST
BETWEEN BRK/LUNCH: SHAKE/CARBS
BETWEEN LUNCH/DIN: SHAKE/CARBS
30 MIN BEFORE WORKOUT: CREATINE
AFTER WORKOUT: GLUTAMINE
30 MIN LATER: PROTEIN SHAKE/CARBS
1 HR LATER: DINNER

Just from the 3 shakes alone you'll get 170g of carbs and 105g of protein.

Each meal should be around 500-650 calories. Not much more than that is necessary.

Three Meals = 1750 calories + 3 shakes = 1500 calories.

Total of 3,250 calories for the day. That should be more than enough to gain weight. Lift hard and eat right....

The word for the day is CONSISTENCY. Do it like your ex girlfriend at 2am. It works.