Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

N.American women=best housekeepers

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your pre-marriage earnings are often protected anyway, without prenup. So depending on your state, men can also just forget that part, it's not adding much.

But if you have kids, a woman can take all kinds of money in "child support" in addition to alimony. So rich guys have to watch out for the Oops! factor.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
Your pre-marriage earnings are often protected anyway,
How about his marriage earnings, money he saved while being married?

Is it true that guy's marriage earnings in his bank account will be divided after a divorce?

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does make sense for women to have children inside a mariage because it does give them some «insurance» that the men will pay if they get separated. In Canada the divorce and separation rate for first unions is around 50 %. For second and third unions, the separation rate is about 80 %. So, with a mariage they do get at least 50 % odds that the men will pay «dearly».

In Québec, which is particular in that respect, there are three different types of mariages which can be contracted plus the «shacked up» arrangements. The obligations following the breakdown of these different types of unions, differ, from total separation of assets, to the assets gained during the mariage, to no obligations in the «shacked up» scenario. The legislator in Québec purposely exempted obligations for «shacked up» couples.

In Québec, the obligations regarding the children after a breakup are always present independant of the type of union. That is fair. At least, we do have the choice of not getting ripped off by the women by choosing and appropriate mariage.

Good luck to those with the more stringent obligations of some jurisdictions. I suggest strongly that you get at least a prenup, and/or get shacked up.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
al: yes, in the U.S.
iveyleeger,

I just want to make sure:
it is true that husband's marriage earnings in his personal bank account will be divided (in two probably equal parts) after a divorce and half of his money will go to his ex-wife?
I am talking about his private account, not their joint account to which they might contribute together.