Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

92 GSR-4

Don Juan
Reaction score
***Watching the show right now!!****

Guys, there's good and bad to come of this. These are my opinions, but first the bad:

I felt fear that women I sarge will catch onto routines, openers, etc. that I'm using. I think this show wont get as much exposure as we think. It''l be like a fart in the wind, vapor.

For the GOOD! Man, how many inspirational threads have you guys read, where people are trying to improve themselves and it gave you the drive to get your ass out there????? Well here's the same thing except with video. Plus I REALLY learn alot from watching aproaches on video. I think this can help us all.

Plus, this stuff doesn't work unless you have the nuts to try it. 90% of men....including me at times....dont have those nuts.

Watch it, learn what you can, but most of all, watch these guys improve and let it inspire you.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I'm not a big fan of MM, but I'll watch it anyways as I may be able to pick up something new.

StoneColdFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoyed the MM, although parts of it didn't appeal to me, there were parts that were good, and can be used to your advantage.

Like most PUA books you have to decipher what you like and don't like.

But anyway, i'm watching.

and..some of these guys are obviously gay.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that was gay and it seemed really phony. Nothing believable about "mystery" at all.

The part where he and his crew go into the club to show the students how its done seemed soooooo fake.

They never showed him aproach a girl from start to finish, just clips of conversations.. I'm normally not skeptical but I'm just not buying it.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery, Matador and J-Dog didn't even manage a kiss close, or at least if they did, and if they did, you would think it would have been shown, but it wasn't.

Regardless, I'll watch the series because I'm interested in "The Community" and PU

I've also met both Mystery and J-Dog, and it's kinda cool seeing them on TV

But again, I subscribe to the "Direct" method, or should I say, Direct lifestyle, and not only has my game skyrocketed, but my life has changed for the better not just personally but professionally.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I like it. Its sooo funny to watch them, especially the part, "so how did you do in katrina?" "2 died" "ok, well, later then" hahaha.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
Wow, that was gay and it seemed really phony. Nothing believable about "mystery" at all.

The part where he and his crew go into the club to show the students how its done seemed soooooo fake.

They never showed him aproach a girl from start to finish, just clips of conversations.. I'm normally not skeptical but I'm just not buying it.
Wow you're an idiot. It's on hidden camera dude, how are you gonna say it's fake. You're probably one of those dudes that could be looking at the proof right infront of your eyes and still not believe it. Oh yeah, they'd go up to a random club and pay random woman to talk to them, bullsh*t. Don't call Mystery's crap fake just because you know you couldn't do better. It's okay if you didn't like the show, but don't go around calling it fake.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing douche. I saw he taught the kids the same lines. I used that "If a girl goes to a club and cheats with a guy... is it cheating? What if it's a girl she cheated with?" I go to school with those girls, and they're close friends now. I hoep they don't remember that from April. That got really into it. :mad:

That's how he's selling out the community. We take a tip or two, keep it underground just to get a little ahead, and we're stuck with nothing. "Oh Bling, you got to develop your own game". I realize that, but it's always nice to have some cheat to fall back on. You know when you used those cheat codes in video games, but still beat the game? That's what those now old lines are like.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Wow you're an idiot. It's on hidden camera dude, how are you gonna say it's fake. You're probably one of those dudes that could be looking at the proof right infront of your eyes and still not believe it. Oh yeah, they'd go up to a random club and pay random woman to talk to them, bullsh*t. Don't call Mystery's crap fake just because you know you couldn't do better. It's okay if you didn't like the show, but don't go around calling it fake.

LOL!!!!! :crackup: You poor naive kid. I bet you think all these "reality shows" are 100% real. Uhh, let me fill you in on a little secret. These shows are "made" to work. You think nothing is scripted? HA!

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I don't argue with idiots.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crap... They showed in future shows them using the "A girl gets drunk and hooks up with a girl... is it cheating?" line. I'm going to have to figure out how to explain that to girls I've approached. Good thing I haven't used it since April (return to school in two weeks), but still, who knows what teenage girl remembers? :(

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol I'm not really worried about whatever lines or routines Mystery teaches on this show, because routines aren't really my thing. Still, if you have enough game you could go up to a girl with one of the lines Mystery uses on the show and still get her.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
Crap... They showed in future shows them using the "A girl gets drunk and hooks up with a girl... is it cheating?" line. I'm going to have to figure out how to explain that to girls I've approached. Good thing I haven't used it since April (return to school in two weeks), but still, who knows what teenage girl remembers? :(
This is why canned material sucks. Canned material is a crutch. Drop the crutches, and learn how to walk, then run, without them.

In San Francisco's Marina District, there are a bunch of bars and clubs within walking distance and every hot chick there has seen "The Cube" demonstrated by some wannabe PUA

Same with Palm Reading and all that other crap. How stupid do you think someone would look running "The Cube" on a girl when 3 other guys have already done it earlier in the night? Or the "Pick a number between 1 and 4" routine?

I'm sure every big city that has a district with bars and clubs has the same story - a bunch of Mystery wannabe's, dressed like fags and all running the same routines.

Routines = Crutches.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Advertising on Mystery's show...Did anyone notice?

I've read lots of comments on Mystery's show but have noticed that no one has yet caught on to the projected demographic for the show. It's women.

Look at the advertising. 80% of the advertising was directed specifically to women. You had perfume, eye treatments, makeup, and a decidedly feminine car commercial.

Clearly, VH1 has been marketing this show principally to women.

When I first heard of the show, I thought that it would cause serious damage to the game. On second thought, however, it is true that women respond to certain "switches", as Mystery calls them, and I truly don't think women have the wherewithal to avoid responding to those switches.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on VH1's decision to market the show predominantly to women.

92 GSR-4

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys act like every woman is watching the show.

First thing, not every woman is watching this show.
Secondly, even if they do it's not like they will remember everything thats said. It may seem familiar if you actually do run something on them that they've seen, but it won't really click.
Last, this show, while I think its GREAT (and I will be taking advantage of it), and others like it are reality TV, and in effect will be kind of like a fart in the wind. VAPOR.

Boston DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
This is why canned material sucks. Canned material is a crutch. Drop the crutches, and learn how to walk, then run, without them.

In San Francisco's Marina District, there are a bunch of bars and clubs within walking distance and every hot chick there has seen "The Cube" demonstrated by some wannabe PUA

Same with Palm Reading and all that other crap. How stupid do you think someone would look running "The Cube" on a girl when 3 other guys have already done it earlier in the night? Or the "Pick a number between 1 and 4" routine?

I'm sure every big city that has a district with bars and clubs has the same story - a bunch of Mystery wannabe's, dressed like fags and all running the same routines.

Routines = Crutches.
exactly, you have to realize that there are basic rules to follow then you have to adapt your game to suit yourself personally. canned material is so awful i cringe thinking about poor fools that go up to girls and run this same played out sh*t over and over. as much as everyone wants to make the game complicated it is really not. there are basic rules to follow (don't supplicate, qualify the dumb hors) and from there you gotta make your own game.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boston DJ said:
exactly, you have to realize that there are basic rules to follow then you have to adapt your game to suit yourself personally. canned material is so awful i cringe thinking about poor fools that go up to girls and run this same played out sh*t over and over. as much as everyone wants to make the game complicated it is really not. there are basic rules to follow (don't supplicate, qualify the dumb hors) and from there you gotta make your own game.
Exactly. Canned Material is for lazy azzes and it doesn't improve your game, inner or outer, one bit.

KomodoSolo

Reaction score
damn. you know, i thought it was pretty damn exciting. i'm not thrilled this community is going mainstream, but oh well, right? we adapt.

i'd like to see these guys succeed, though. they're our bros.

i'm heading toward "natural game" myself..

ViciousDADogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
MEN ARE NOT GOING TO WATCH THIS SHOW.

Boys that is.

They wouldn't be able to stomatch the approach anxiety on tv screen. A lot of dudes will call this a joke.

Perhaps that's why?

Who watches VH1 anyway? I never watched it before I heard about the show. I'll probably look at downloading the whole thing instead of watching it everyday on tv. I think MTV, VH1, and other music channels are for women. But then agian, I don't watch TV.