Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Myspace

alphamailman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting rinside @ the AFC Lightweight Championship
No, not really. There is a program they can upload to findout where EVERY visitor to there profile is from. You will just pop up as a dot on the globe pinpointing your location/country but that's if she gets the program. Other than that, she has a counter on her profile for the number of hits her page gets, as do you.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not unless they have a tracker. Those are usually BS, and myspace does everything in its power to defend against trackers.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a web hosting plan. I put some custom graphics on my myspace page that were hosted on my web server. Everytime someone visits my page, it makes an http request to my server to pull the background image I put up. I noticed after browsing my server stats that it reveals the IP address of everyone who visited my page because their visit caused the server to have to serve them a graphic. If you know someone's IP address, you will know exactly when they visited, how many times they clicked on your page and all kinds of sh*t. You can plug the IP address into a mapping program and see where the click came from, their ISP, what browser they were using, whether it was Mac or PC. Crazy. But if you don't know the person's IP, it might not help much. But if that person sends you emails regularly, their IP address can be found in the email headers and if that IP matches up with the person that's been visiting your myspace, well there you go. It can be quite interesting. I've seen some friends of my mine visit my page numerous times a day, some of them dudes, making me wonder if they are gay or something.

Yeah, I'm geeking out here.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And let's not forget referral information. If you were searching for a girl and clicked on the link to her profile, not only would you show up but she could know you were using her name as keywords in your search. Just turn off your images beforehand, so any hit counters won't load, or never to directly click on a link but rather copy the URL and open in a new browser tab, to eliminate any referral information.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
And let's not forget referral information. If you were searching for a girl and clicked on the link to her profile, not only would you show up but she could know you were using her name as keywords in your search. Just turn off your images beforehand, so any hit counters won't load.
Ah yeah, forgot about that one. True. Though very few girls are that tech saavy.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With all the traffic her profile probably already receives from errant visitors and idiotic thugs hitting on her, I highly doubt she would notice the signal from all the noise.

On the other hand, a few months ago there was a girl I know whose account was deleted, for who knows why. When I noticed she was off my list, which was probably about two weeks after the deletion, I dug around and found she created a new account. The very next day I received an add friend request from her. The timing was probably a coincidence but I couldn't help to wonder "Wow, did she actually check referrals?" She is a smart cookie.

If you ever want to toy someone with a mindf*ck, use an anonymous proxy server (which are available for free). You can mask your true IP and appear like you're coming from Japan, Germany, or France for instance.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
With all the traffic her profile probably already receives from errant visitors and idiotic thugs hitting on her, I highly doubt she would notice the signal from all the noise.

On the other hand, a few months ago there was a girl I know whose account was deleted, for who knows why. When I noticed she was off my list, which was probably about two weeks after the deletion, I dug around and found she created a new account. The very next day I received an add friend request from her. The timing was probably a coincidence but I couldn't help to wonder "Wow, did she actually check referrals?" She is a smart cookie.

If you ever want to toy someone with a mindf*ck, use an anonymous proxy server (which are available for free). You can mask your true IP and appear like you're coming from Japan, Germany, or France for instance.
Do I just download those?
Can they be switched on and off and are there any disadvantages to using them?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can find lists of anonymous proxy server IP addresses and you simply then configure your web browser to use the proxy address, then unconfigure it when you're done. If you use Internet Explorer, the proxy settings would be found under Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. If my memory serves right, I believe there are also websites you can visit in which you browse in a new window, without needing to change your settings. In either case, no extra software is needed.

There are two disadvantages: 1) It is hard to find a good proxy IP address. It's easy to find lists but the addresses are often non-responsive. You may have to try twenty before finding one which works. 2) The surfing is slower than normal, due to congestion.

Reaction score
slaog said:
I'm just wondering if you check somebody's MySpace do they know somebody was looking in? Does your IP address show up?

Today I found my girlfriends. She told me before she was on it but I only looked today but I don't want to be caught checking it out.
Curious...why are you checking your girls MySpace?

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your_Royal_Flyness said:
Curious...why are you checking your girls MySpace?

God forbid if he wants to check out her myspace profile. He must be REALLY jealous, or better yet insecure......

My advice to Royal Flyness: you aren't really that fly. Make that your first and last post here please.