"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

My tooth got knocked out, I'm no longer beautiful.

calvran

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
I got my front tooth punched out at a concert Saturday night. What do I do about various girls I have to see this week? Honestly, it makes me look like a truck driving sister fvcking redneck, so I'm not very comfortable with it. Should I blow them off, or straight up say, "My tooth is missing and it looks bad, and I wouldn't want you to see me as anything but my normal beautiful self", or what I did to the one that I wasn't able to get out of so far, "Okay, but you have to promise not to look at my mouth."

EDIT: Should have mentioned, it'll be completely fixed next Tuesday.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CaptainObvious#1

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Show it off...make up an exhagerated story about it. If you are good at telling stories it might even help. You could even joke about about you like looking like a truck driving sister fvcking redneck and you may just keep it that way.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
you are one insecure person... just go out with a joke ("You shoule see the other guy") a reassurance of it getting better, and the story behind it, and you'll be fine, If anyone stops seeing you because you lost a tooth for a week that is the shallowest thing I've heard all month. And I like...listen out for shallow things and stuff
 

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Well go see a dentist and lay low until its fixed if its a big deal to you.
 

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
8
Location
USA
or how about not opening your mouth so much?

I have ugly teeth, not horrible ugly but not pretty. I have a problem that requires me to have surgery before I can use braces (so basically im screwed)

I always smile with my mouth closed, never smile by opening my mouth and showing my teeth. When I talk, I talk slow, and I always have my mouth closed when not talking.

when I mean talk slow I don't mean you have to talk like a southener. I mean talk slower than average.

it is a fact that women are attracted to slow talk. Just talk slow, when you need to smile do closed mouth smiles and youll be fine.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
Drive a truck and fvck your sister. Problem solved.
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
Make up a story about how you got in a fist fight with some guy and proceeded to beat his a$$ after he punched you in the mouth.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
That sucks

I personally would find it a big deal. Would you be attracted to a girl missing her front tooth? [initially]. Exactly, I thought you'd be a bit put off too.

Roll with it and joke it off - it's only for a week or so. I'd make some insane whack job story about how you were getting a pet for your neice [not your sister, dont mention you drive a truck and screw your sister ;)] and all of a sudden the cages flew open and squirrels were throwing nuts at you, using your teeth as pitching targets.

Well, I got caught up in the moment there, but its more original than 'he came off worse' comments :)
 
Top