"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

My tip- Be Real with Yourself.

Rubbers

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Chicago
i don't post a lot but i have been going through things lately. I haven't been on the computer a lot lately because i started to believe the only help is self help. I believe you can only comprehend things if you experience them to some extent. like andre of outkast said, "speeches only reach those who already know about it". It's sort of like when you have a test in school, you can memorize everything and pass the test, but when it comes time to apply the information, you never really knew what the hell it was you were memorizing. Don't get me wrong, everything in the dj bible is true, but come on now, it is only saying things that you already knew to some extent. "Don't be afraid to approach her" one thread might say, and you will read it and be like "yes this is true" but man, you already knew this.

I started improving when i stopped thinking positive and started thinking real. One day at work, i was so mad and depressed. I usually just don't give a **** when i feel like this and stay to myself. But this time (about a month ago) something in my head said **** it be mad. I started thinking about all the things i didn't like about my life, from childhood on up, going through all the negative things that affected me to this day. I was even thinking, "man your such a *****, feeling sorry for yourself" but i kept thinking of all the bad about me, i was dam near on the verge of tears, but everything i was thinking was true, I was getting out all of the negative **** that was in my head, just being real with my self. After i got everything out i felt like i was a lunatic. I felt kind of numb. I was thinking to myself, "okay, it can't get anyworse than this." I couldn't think of anything else bad.

Then i started thinking about all of the things in my life without distinguishing positive from negative. I then started to realize there were a lot positive things in my past and there were a lot of blessings in my life that i didn't even recognize. There were a lot of things about my self that were tight. I wasn't trying to think positive or negative, i was just being real with myself. I wasn't trying to be happy. While i was thinking i was emotionally numb. And without any emotions (anger, happiness, etc.) hindering my thoughts, everything i was saying was real. When i though something negative, i was think, "dam that hurts, but it's true, oh well" and it made me happy because i wasn't lying to myself.

I started coming up with answers with all types of questions in my head, questions i usually avoided because i was afraid of the answer. I don't know if yall are understanding what i'm saying, but this all is one hundred percent from the heart. I just had to share this with someone. Most of these tips are good on this board, but it's hard to follow something someone else says if it doesn't come from you. Even what i'm writing is a tip, so you might not understand it 100 percent.

Just be real with yourself. Ask yourself detailed questions. Listen to yourself, and do what you say. If not you will hate yourself because then you have lied to yourself by not doing what you know you should do.

I just needed to get this out in the open.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Trogdawg

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Glad you found something that helps you out. I have made many realizations about my life and who I am by thinking in an objective cold manner. It works.
 

HappyHobo

Banned
Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Location
World of enlightenment
Motivation at your own expense

Basically what it boils down to is that when you stop trying to hide the shameful truth about yourself and start getting real you stop and realize what your life is REALLY like.

As disturbing as it is, it can really motivate you to take action and change yourself. When we become more aware of the disturbing truth we no longer hide ourselves in shame.

Let's all take some time out right now and write some things about us that we are really ashamed of whether it be on paper or your journal.

After you have done that act on these disturbing and shameful things about yourself so the next time you sit down with your journal you will be writing the opposite of what you wrote in your previous entry. Your journal entries will no longer ashame you and you can hold that journal up like a trophy and look at it as a proud achievement.
 
Top