Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My stupid-ass "olympic lift + 20-rep squat" routine that gained me 20 lbs in 5 weeks

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, so I did this routine in late 2003 at age 18 and somehow kept it up for 5-6 weeks before my CNS committed suicide. In the process I went from 212 to 232 lbs, while actually shrinking my waist size by 1/2 an inch. Seems like a jackass routine looking back, but hell if it didn't somehow work.

AVERAGE WORKOUT:

1-2x5 BARBELL BENCH PRESS
1-2x3 CHIN-UPS (on a good day)
5x5 POWER CLEANS
5x6 OLYMPIC JERKS (switching which foot goes forward each time - left, right, left, right, left, right)
3x5 BACK SQUATS (heavier weight)
1x20 BACK SQUATS (20-rep max)
1x20 DUMBBELL PULLOVERS (not for heavy weight, just for "opening up the chest" or whatever)

(power cleans and jerks were alternated - IE clean set, jerk set, clean set, jerk set etc)

FREQUENCY: 3 workouts every 2 weeks (Monday, Friday, Wednesday, Monday, Friday, Wednesday)

Sometimes threw other stuff in there, like a set or two of snatches or deadlifts. The goal was to add weight + reps to the olympic lifts, and to up the 20-rep squat weight by 5 pounds per workout.

I ate like a freakin horse, and in the process, gained all that muscleweight. When I took a week off to recover the CNS, then came back, my maxes had gone up in almost everything, from squats to bench to chins to kettlebell shoulder presses.

And the best part is, it was just me trying to combine olympic lifts (the lifts that got me started in lifting, thanks to having Mike Burgener as my high-school lifting coach) with 20-rep squats and thus coming up with my own bastardized routine. The frequency was unplanned, it just happened because I couldn't do it 3 days per week due to the stuff I added to the original 20-rep squat plan and because I annihilated my collarbones and shoulders with bruises.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
And the best part is, it was just me trying to combine olympic lifts (the lifts that got me started in lifting, thanks to having Mike Burgener as my high-school lifting coach)
I'm jealous...

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score