Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My short-ass friend and growth pills

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who's below average in height. 5'6" on a good day, probably. So he tells me he's been poppin' these growth pills, and I'm worried for him. He even shows me the site:

http://www.height-research.com/

Apparently this product has some HGH - albeit in non-industrial strength concentrations. I'm afraid he's going to mutate and grow a second head or something. :D

I mean seriously - is this stuff safe? I told him to stop taking that shyt, that it'll probably cause cancer or something down the line. He doesnt' care, and he swears that he's grown half an inch in a month, but I can't tell the goddamn difference - it's one half inch. :rolleyes: Should I be worried? How do convince him that this is probably not going to work?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half an inch in a month?

I grow at least that much every morning... when I put on my shoes.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No no - he claims that he's taller in his bare feet. Theoretically, he could be 2 inches tallers in a few months. But I just don't trust this kind of snakeoil salesman BS. My friend is pretty fvcking stubborn, though. Maybe his obituary will read: "He grew 2 inches in 3 months." :D *knockonwood*

affirmed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You cannot grow height by taking pills.

It's a fact that you are tallest in the morning and that your body actually gets shorter very slightly over the course of a day, that and fluctuations with the way he measured himself it's easy to see how you could get different results by half an inch.

If he's two inches taller in two months I'll eat my brain.

Tell him to stop taking them and buy some new rock boots instead :)

I'm 5.7 so I kinda know what being short is like.

Not too bad :D

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try telling my friend that. :rolleyes: :D

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
No no - he claims that he's taller in his bare feet.
My point is that if he's excited about a half inch, he should get some shoes with taller soles.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old is he?

There is a point where the bones are signalled to stop growing in LENGTH and no amount of GH will change that. However your head, hands and feet do continue to grow.

There is a form of Dwarfism that shows what happens when the turn off signal is sent too early.

If he was that concerned I'd see a GP, it is possible to have synthetic GH injections/patches, but he's probably too old.

Other than that there is a medical procedure were you can grow a few inches. If you really want it that bad, ie $10000+, massive pain, inconvienience and risk associated with general anthesthetic and infection then it is possible.

I'd spend the money on therapy and spend the time improving my DJ skills.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like this is one of those things where he has to learn the hard way. He's not going to listen.:rolleyes:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like my stubborn friend. He decided to do a steroid cycle after i told him to get his training and diet together and stay at it for 5 years before even thinking about doing a cycle.

Result? He put on some weight when on, got a lot of acne on his face and back, got some nasty stretch marks, got off, and lost pretty much everything :rolleyes:

Lesson? Its called natural selection. Don't waste your effort trying to convince him not to do it, young men think they know everything at this age.

madhatter

Reaction score
first of all, GROWTH HORMONE does not increase your height after your growth plates fuse. before your growth plates fully fuse (usually 17-18 years of age for men), taking growth hormone will promote long bone growth (e.g. your femurs). after that point, you get what they call "gigantism" where your jaw grows really prominent and your skull thickens. also, the bones in your hand become really thick. YOU WILL NOT GROW ANY TALLER. look at gheorghe muresan, that basketball player who had growth hormone excess, he had that huge head and jaw.

one thing to know is that if these gigantism changes happen to you if you take growth hormone, they are irreversible.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after that point, you get what they call "gigantism" where your jaw grows really prominent and your skull thickens. also, the bones in your hand become really thick
lol that's AWESOME! lets see, thick jaw/skull, big fists...you'd kill so many people in the ring it's not even funny.