"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

My Self Improvement Plan

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
I will begin following this plan May 2nd after I'm done with school.

Plan and Goals

Meet People - Join clubs, Complete DJ Boot Camp

Bulk Up - Follow Max-OT weightlifting 4x per week, high protein diet

Whiten Teeth - Use Crest Whitestrips 2x daily until whiter teeth

Quit Picking Nails - Be aware of it and quit

Finances - Get a job, weekly budget, save up for car, laptop, watch, phone

Improve Confidence - Read 2 hours of self improvement each week, practice voice/posture 3x weekly, daily affirmations

Dunk 2-Handed in Game- nightly calf raises along with weightlifting

Solve Acne - continue skin care regimen

Reduce Anxiety - meditate nightly, 8 hours sleep, CBT notepad tracking irrational thoughts

Improve Pop Knowledge - watch 1-2 movies weekly, watch 1-2 primetime shows weekly, read most of Sunday paper, read 2 hours weekly

Tan - tan 1x weekly

========================================

That's the basics of what I'm planning to do. I'll also be setting daily and weekly goals.

Thanks for reading! Feedback appreciated!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

chili kat

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
All good ideas but too much all together, man. You can't cram for coolness. Pick out what is most lacking and focus on that first. Take the rest in tid bits until you square away one goal. Than move on to the next and do the same. Don't kill yourself.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Way to go dude.

I've had a few plans like these myself. They improve the life drastically if you follow them.

Meet People - Join clubs, Complete DJ Boot Camp
This is too broad. Which clubs do you wanna join? What specifically do you wanna do to meet people.

Bulk Up - Follow Max-OT weightlifting 4x per week, high protein diet
How many pounds heavier do you wanna be by then end of the summer?

Whiten Teeth - Use Crest Whitestrips 2x daily until whiter teeth
Quit Picking Nails - Be aware of it and quit
Okely dokely...

Finances - Get a job, weekly budget, save up for car, laptop, watch, phone
How much money do you need EXACTLY? What notebook, watch, phone do you need? What car? What's the minimum amount you need to have by the end of the summer in your bank account?

Improve Confidence - Read 2 hours of self improvement each week
Not enough to get results IMO. You need more. (not you specifically, but the average dude)

practice voice/posture 3x weekly, daily affirmations
What part of the day are you gonna do affirmations?

Dunk 2-Handed in Game- nightly calf raises along with weightlifting
What's that?

Improve Pop Knowledge - watch 1-2 movies weekly, watch 1-2 primetime shows weekly, read most of Sunday paper, read 2 hours weekly
IMO poop knowledge gives no bonuses. I don't know who martha stewart is and I get laid. With people, when you get to a point of discussing movies, shows, etc you're probably been talking for them for too long. All that talk is filling empty space.

I'd suggest you watch the movies WITH somebody. Be it girls, guys or both. Get some chips and beer and suddently you're "hanging out" and "chilling"... ;)
 

Don Ronny

Banned
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
813
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by Ice Cold
Way to go dude.

I've had a few plans like these myself. They improve the life drastically if you follow them.


This is too broad. Which clubs do you wanna join? What specifically do you wanna do to meet people.


How many pounds heavier do you wanna be by then end of the summer?


Okely dokely...


How much money do you need EXACTLY? What notebook, watch, phone do you need? What car? What's the minimum amount you need to have by the end of the summer in your bank account?


Not enough to get results IMO. You need more. (not you specifically, but the average dude)


What part of the day are you gonna do affirmations?


What's that?


IMO poop knowledge gives no bonuses. I don't know who martha stewart is and I get laid. With people, when you get to a point of discussing movies, shows, etc you're probably been talking for them for too long. All that talk is filling empty space.

I'd suggest you watch the movies WITH somebody. Be it girls, guys or both. Get some chips and beer and suddently you're "hanging out" and "chilling"... ;)
Wow.

an actually helpful post from Ice Cold with zero sarcasm!

shocking!

You are getting soft on us Icey! :)
 

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
chili,

It's really not that much once you break it down. Many of the things are just adjustments to my daily routines...only a few actually require additional efforts.


Ice,

Thanks for your feedback! I hear ya about how effective plans like these can be. I had a plan I used from January '03 to August '03 and it improved my life tremendously, but I noticed I started slacking after I no longer had active goals.

Meeting People. I do have a list of about 7-8 organizations which I am looking into joining. That is my primary method to meet people, as I'm hoping to build long-term healthy relationships.

Bulking Up. I set a goal of gaining 15 pounds by August 1st.

Finances. I wish I could be more specific on my finances, but I don't have a job right now and don't know when I'll be able to get one so it's hard to predict my income. Hopefully I can make these goals more specific in a month or so.

Confidence. So, are you saying I should read more self improvement books or do additional things to what I've already listed to gain confidence? I plan to do affirmations at night during my meditation. After about 15 minutes of meditating, I get into a really relaxed state where I think visualization and affirmations will be highly effective.

Dunking. Calf raises is just a basic exercise that I've done in the past to improve my vertical leap. Takes about 10 minutes at night.

Pop Knowledge. Eh, this is my least important area of concern, but it definitely would help me to know a little bit more.

Thanks for your feedback!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

chili kat

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by One on One
chili,

It's really not that much once you break it down. Many of the things are just adjustments to my daily routines...only a few actually require additional efforts.
Cool. I just assume you are not planning on half-a$$ing anything. It's easy to get lazy on a proper work out regiment alone, nevermind the rest. But best of luck to you.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
haha the truth is it's easier said than done. boy how i wish my world would be so much easier if i could say some magic words and automatically happen.

if you have motivation to do all this, you will undoubtedly do it. but without motivation, this is all just crap talk.

Dude u gotta set your priorities straight first and fit those priorities into your schedule so you can have an overall balance in your daily activities. all those stuff you listed, well guess what it's not impossible to do all that weekly, but see which is more important in general.

you forgot other stuff-

what about social interaction
grooming
clothes?? new wardrobe
what about the chicks?

also - you said u wanted to gain 15lbs by aug 1st. well i guess that's a realistic goal. since it took me 4 damn months to just gain 14lbs. the agony i have to go through every week and DAMN it was worth it....i took no supplements, only went on a high protein diet consisting of cow, fish, chicken breast and dont forget the veggies/fruits. and increase your meals to around 4 - 6X a day. small meals but more frequent. genetically im skinny so i have to work extra harder to gaint weight, who knows you might be different and gain more than me in that given time frame.
best of luck dude
 

hb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Location
California
yea u definitely better balance this stuff out......give everything a day and a certain hour....... I use to tell myself im going to do such and such right after school, then i would go home drop off my stuff and fall asleep.... LOL
I also have a friend whos been saying hes goin to do this and that for the past 3 fvcken years and he still hasnt accomplished ****......
Dont overwhelm yourself or u will give up on everything...
 

fukuy

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
start a diary
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Originally posted by Don Ronny
Wow.

an actually helpful post from Ice Cold with zero sarcasm!

shocking!

You are getting soft on us Icey! :)
ROFL :D Where did that come from? I use sarcasm only rarely and only when it's necessary to communicate that the thread is stupid... ;) :)

So, are you saying I should read more self improvement books or do additional things to what I've already listed to gain confidence?
I am saying that 2 hours a week of reading is probably not enough. It's not necessarily more books, it's absorbing and internalizing the principles in those books take a lot of time and effort.

Very vague area anyways...
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top