"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

My real reason for being shy

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
I came across a situation where I was able to COMPLETELY talk to this girl and ask her things and have a great C&F converation going. But it came to the point where I thought about asking her for a date and I froze. I wondered how I was able to get to this point ONLY to freeze right then and there, then I thought about it and it made sense. I was scared of how things would go. It would seem that I was scared I wouldn't know how to talk to her because I never know what to say with people and when I do have a conversation, it's very rare that it actually goes on and on.

I wonder, could the fact I am shy not have to do with her rejecting me, but more in the fact that I don't know how to keep the conversation going and be interesting? ANd that made the most sense to me.

Now that I know this, how do I fix it?!

Guys?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
there are a lot of bumps to becoming a dj. number closing is one of the bump. I don't have any tips or tricks except to tell u to just do it.
 

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
Well, there is a trick...
Stop being such a pvssy and be a man!
You have nothing to lose by asking her!

That you "cannot keep the conversation going and be interesting" is bullsh1t! Everyone can do that. You just need to be genuinely interested in the other person and they need to be interested in you. After you know eachother a bit better, you'll find things to talk about no matter what.

Even so, there are some pretty good tips in the DJ Bible for conversational skills. One of the tips that has helped me get out of awkward situations several times already is A Turtle Name Adrian - Conversation To Her Heart.

But again, the point is to be a man. So let the testosterone rage through that body of yours, the hell with all risks, just do it!
 

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Here's a tip. DON'T FORCE YOURSELF TO ASK HER QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE SHY. Do what you want at the same time being a gentleman.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Shy is another word for fear.

What are you afraid of? She is a girl, not a bear that is going to claw off your sack.

Read the bible.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
Dude...you already did the hard part!

You were able to go up to her and start a conversation and keep it going.

All you need to do is ask! There is nothing complicated about it, just do it.

Blaming your lack of asking on being shy is an excuse.
 

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
Thanks guys for the heads up,

I'll read that post I-am-someone and as for me, I don't like making excuses. I'll be honest guys, this past little while I've been doing a LOT more than I normally would have and my life as a result is becoming everything that I ever hoped for.

I don't know exactly what I DO per se, but what I DO know though is that I'll be generally interested in a girl and tune in on her (don't look around carelessly, no flinching, no twitching, no nervous ticks) and I'll sit there finding myself kind of puzzled on how to make things more interesting.

For me, I just try to keep things interesting and am not always sure how to do that. It doesn't just stop there, it happens with my friends too. SO obviously something needs to be done if I can't talk to my buds neither don't you think?
 

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
Conversations don't always need actual interesting content.
I've had conversations with no content that lasted 20 minutes, and most of my conversations with content only last like 10 minutes, because what I tell them usually becomes too complex to grasp after that :p

But in any case, just try talking about less interesting stuff and make them interesting while talking. An important part of that is to improve on the way you say things, by using more variance in your voice as well as smiling while you're talking.

To give you an estimate in the way that people percieve someone with a smile and someone without a smile:
Two weeks ago, I ran around smiling all day long with no problems really apparent in my life. Everybody I met wanted to hang around me and girls were constantly looking for eyecontact with me.
Today, I feel like crap. I'm unable to smile without horribly faking it. When I walk around now, people are just ignoring me... I am one of the great masses of depressed people.

Smiling is important. It's one of the basics of being a DJ, but you need to have something in life to smile about, otherwise it's just a fake smile.
 

DaneB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2000
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
This is what I always do...

1. Let the situation present itself. Don't try to force it.
2. Think of the situation logically.
Ex. Im not going to show up with flours or a poem for her the first time I talk with her.
3. Think of any shared interests u might have (classes, music taste, clothes, food, enivornment around u)
 

DaneB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2000
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Sorry I dont even know why the crap that was posted, anyway...

This is what I always do...

Before I even pursue her I try to find out if she even has a boyfriend from somebody. If you can ask your friends to see if they know and if you have a really good lady friend have her get the info from her. I find that doing this is really much easier that way u know that you're not going to waste your time.


1. Let the situation present itself. Don't try to force it (don't bring it out of nowhere without building any rapport)

2. Think of the situation logically (don't show up with flowers or a poem)

3. Think of any shared interests u might have (classes, music taste, clothes, food, enivornment around u) that way its easier for u to get a conversation started


4. Chat her up and be cool. Make sure to listen to what she has to say in order to advance the conversation

5. Whatever you want to do with her try to get the conversation going in that direction (ie. ask about ice skating ---> u guys go)

6. Tell yourself that if the conversation is going good and u feel positive vibes that you are going to ask her out.

7. Say "Would you like to go ice skating? Give me your number and maybe we can hit the ice" (In order to do this get mad at yourself and refuse to back down, even if you have to blurt it out of your mouth (remember "Just Do It!"))

8, Regain your composure (take a few deep breaths and exhale) and then say "Nice talking with you. I will call you later and we can figure out what time to go ice skating (or wherever you wanted to take her)."

Some IMPORTANT THINGS
1. Stay cool at all costs
2. Dont come off as desparate
3. Split as soon as you get her number because u dont wanna ruin your chances that early in the game
4. Try to take the process step by step and dont rush it.

I hope this helps you because it really has helped me to think of asking her out a whole lot more rationally.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

DaneB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2000
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Sorry its 3 am where I live so Im tired. I meant to say...

I hope this helps you because it really has helped me to keep my cool and to think rationally and not panic when Im about to ask out a chic. Just remember...

To think of it either one of these ways...



 
Top