Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My prom situation (rant)

Peebold

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my first real post here, and it is going to be a rant about prom. My prom is this Saturday, and I am going with a girl who is cool, and we will have a good time with. But, there is this AFC f*uck who is trying to get me to rent a helicopter with him as something to do the day of prom. A helicopter for christ sakes! At first it was a hot air balloon, which was $250 a couple, and now its a helicopter for $100 a couple. This is a EXTREME afc thing to do to waste this much money on a girl, and I am pissed off that he keeps trying to pressure me into doing it. I am still pretty AFC, but I am trying to put my foot down here and not give in. I have told my date about it and she is not even interested in going (amusingly neither is his). I also don’t have the money to waste on this excursion. Any recommendations for some cheap non-afc things to do during the day?

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hell u talkin about? a helicopter would be fvckin tight. i've never ridden in one. if u don't want the girl to get on, tell her u'll meet her at the school. see if u can rappel down the helicopter into ur school.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, the helicopter idea would probably make you the talk of the school. Who else has enough style to hop out of a helicopter to go to prom? Then when she asks why you got out of the chopper, tell her "It's classified." :D

Hemilaya_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why in the HELL wouldn't you take the chopper? Most everyone else will be in limo's and crap while you'll be flying, literally, to the prom. If your date doesn't want to go, then oh well tell her to arrange a ride there. I like that classified thing that shizam said too! Anyways... DO IT!!:D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holly ****, u gonna be an AFC if u dont take the chance!

Peebold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Were not taking the helicopter to prom. Its a thing during the day where we ride the helicopter around in rural Idaho. If it landed on the building on the roof of where we are having our prom, it would be totally cool. I just don’t think riding in a helicopter over farmlands is cool. He is an AFC because he doesn’t care what it is, he just wants to blow 200+ on his date for prom.

T

The Inevitable

This sounds just like an episode of The Cosby Show, were Theo and a group of his friends got a helicopter to take them to the prom. All the wind from the helicopter ruined all the girls' hair and ruined their night. Still would be cool though.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah I see where he's coming from- and actually I agree with him, forking out £100 for his date to go on a helecopter ride IS a very afc thing to do!
Its just like buying a horrificly expencive bunch of flowers! I'm going to go into a brief story thing here, so bear with me...

In my final few days as an AFC I bought this girl a very nice bunch of red roses and asked her to go to a dance with me: result- she went with one of her girly friends. Not only does bying girls things NOT WORK it also LOSES YOU MONEY! This- quite clearly sucks.

SO, it would cost you a bomb, reason 1 not to do it.

Reason 2- So much stuff could go wrong- even if you were taking it to the prom, which your not- the chances of someone being sick on the way, you clothes getting messed up etc are far too high! And it offers virtually no kino/ chat up/ make out possibilties- it'll be too loud to talk for christsakes!

If you we're going to take it to the prom, it might be a slightly better idea, but I still wouldn't do it. Because I'm a tight bastard. Oh and it just reeks of try-hard.

I'm sure it could work, but your taking so many risks to try and stand out...you can stand out in otherways!

Can I suggest not doing anything for the whole day untill the dance? Its just so romantic wuss boy to spend the whole day doing things. Just tell her your doing work/ Changing your room around if she complains.

I think you've got the right idea- keep ur foot well down and don't make a big thing of the day!:)