"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

My problem for tonight

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
Thought I'd share my current situation/problem, any ideas/suggestions would be good.


Met a girl last friday night, she's an 8, and I liked her. I was with a girl who I know who's a 4/5, she sticks to me like glue which I know is bad. Anyway as the night progresses the 8 literally chats me up (no kidding), and asks me for my number, which I give her. She then leaves and asks me to text her.

Next day (Saturday) I don't text her, come 6pm she texts me, we get chatting by text. So far so good.

Then that night I go out with a couple of my mates, and happen to name drop that this girl had chatted me up the night before (I know not good, was a slip of the tongue). One of my mates is a bit loud, within minutes we'd found this girl in a bar and he'd got us all talking with her and her friends.

Problem is.... I'm unshaven, wearing a baseball cap, and not exactley dressed to impress (I thought it was supposed to be a 'quiet drink out'!)..... in a totally AFC way I only say one thing to her, she acts completely different to the night before and doesn't look interested.

I go home thinking all is lost...

Then Sunday morning she texts saying sorry for last night, wish I'd talked to you more. I play it cool and don't incite another text conversation.

Then Monday morning she texts again saying this other girl (4/5) has ignored her at school (yep, sadly they're still school/college girls, 17). I spend that morning texting her but its not exactley a pickup convo, we're talking about this other girl far too much.

Anyway I ask her out and she says yes, I mentioned maybe going to an ice cream bar one afternoon.

Day after (Tuesday), I say 'What you doing tommorow afternoon?, fancy meeting up?', and get no reply. I've still not had a reply, though (and here's the problem) my phone has been playing up so she may well have texted without me knowing.


Now we're onto friday, and I'll no doubt see her. How should I act?, like we're almost together?, like she's ditched me by not replying?, like friends? (cos she's got some hot friends herself I'd like to meet!).

Any ideas?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
17
Location
LosAngeles, Ca. USA!
I would just tell that your phone has been acting-up lately, and did you what to get-together? Then see how she reacts, then go from there.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Why don't you STOP texting - Texting is for kids - try calling and talking - it's what we grown-ups do :D


But seriously, call her and TALK - stop trying to be so cool.

One of the reasons young women like older guys - is because they are so much more straight forward and confident.

One more thing - as a DJ you should never get into a situation where you are out and get caught not looking presentable. That should be a lesson learn't.

Good luck.
 

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
Hehe thanks for the advice, I will say my phone was playing up, and about not being 'ready' for action, yeah I've learnt my lesson.

Regarding calling, I had a similar girl a few months back, and I called her but she'd never answer, just reply to texts. I got the impression most girls don't like being put under pressure like that, and prefer texting. (The younger ones that is)

Anyway am off out right this second to see her (hopefully), will post to say how I got on.
 

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
Update: Didn't see that girl last night (so all that 'over analysising' was a complete waste of time).

Did however chat/DJ a couple of 8's, and do the old alpha male thingy. Just goes to prove the oneitis thing over again, never fall into that trap!.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top