My open letter to V-day

Reaction score
Do not base your happiness on having someone in your life. Your born alone, you die alone. You need to dam well figure this **** out alone. You are the prize improve yourself. Love yourself. **** girls. Literally. This is your life. Own it.

"Buddhism proposes the middle way. So neither extreme ascetism nor extreme indulgence of the senses.

The point when it comes to women relates to the attachments we have. We "cling" to them, we desire them, we try to possess them. That is what must be conquered. We should be like a mirror. When the object is removed from in front of the mirror, the reflection is gone as well. Because everything passes, a beautiful woman, stunning scenery, a great meal. Whatever it is, it does not last forever. So, when it is gone, we must let it go. Instead we try to cling to it even more. We try to recreate the experience. We want more. And this is what causes the suffering.

Zen says that it is that desire and that craving that causes us the suffering. It is in our mind and we can remove it if we so choose."

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people need to hear that.

You are your key to happiness. Not some woman, some job, some car, some house, some cell phone, some focking khakis.

That sounded a little Fight Club-ish, but oh well.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Fight Clubs moral slightly....At the same time i dont. They say Self Presavation is a form of masturbation. Well i like masturbation....

SO what if a nice car a nice suit and a pretty girl on my arm makes me happy....If thats what makes ME happy. Thats what i will pursue. I will pursue it until i get it. Not in an AFC way. Its not what you pursue in life. Its how you do it.

Its not about the destination in life....but the journey. Its not what you do. Its the way you do it.....Thats my 2 cents :cool:

TomN

Don Juan
Reaction score
Happiness is what you make it. If some house, some car, etc. makes me happy then who the hell are you to say that's wrong?

Why MUST I figure this out alone? You say you're born alone, but is this true for most? You're average person within the masses has almost always had someone to turn to, be it their parents, grandparents, a mentor, etc. Very few people are truly self reliant. I'm not saying you should base your entire life off of the opinions or concerns of other people, far from it, enjoy your life, do your own thing. However, if I want to share my experiences with my significant other I'll do just that. I just think you're bitter because it's Valentine's Day and you don't have anyone to share it with, regardless of how you may loathe "commercial holidays" or whatever retort your average person who "doesn't care" gives while *****ing about the very thing they "don't care" about. Though I could be completely wrong.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two types of people in life. Those who live it, and the philosophers.
:p