My new plan goes into action today.

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yesterday I messed up at work and it may possibly cause me my employment. I am in school right now and will have a crazy busy school schedule (from 9 am to 9pm im at school). This means that i will have to grab a hold of myself and get focussed. Lately I have been smoking more Mary J than before, so my first plan is to drop that then move onto sleeping much more. My diet is good, i just have to eat 1 more meal during the day. I will continue going to the gym 3 times a week (my thumb has healed to a point i can lift). Since i will be at school all day, what can i take with me to eat at school? I dont want to spend money on subway and crap because I will be tight for money. what is healthy and easy to make, or if not easy... does it last?

My goal: Take the final steps to turn myself into a man who knows how to get somewhere in life.

My new work out consists of dumbell work outs mostly.

Dumbell chest press (3 x 25, once i can do 25 i move up to the next weight)
Dumbell chest butterflies (3x15, same once i can do 3 x 15 i move up to the next weight)
Deadlifts (3x5)
military press (3x15)
Dips for triceps (3x15)
Pull ups (3x10, for now until i get the hang of them more).
Bicep curls (1 hand at a time on a curling bench)(3x20)
Bent over row for back (3x15)
Lat pulldowns for lats (3x15)

I dont do those all in one day, but i would like to know how i should structure my days... i dont want to overwork the same muscle group. These excercises have been working for me nicely.

I chose to do higher reps but lower weights because it would trigger a higher percentage of muscle fibers at the end of the lift. If i am wrong please tell me because i dont want to hurt myself. Those are just a few excercises.

I go mountain biking to work out my legs, I need to start doing squats slowly.

My stats are

165 pounds
10-11% body fat
5 feet 7.5 inches

the only thing i will be drinking as far as supplements are muscle milk and fish oils.

What i need from you is advice, or things that have worked for you. My hope is that spending more time at the gym and working on my health will also transfer to my success in life. If you have any expiriences that have worked for you to gain control of your life. Feel free to share it.

I might start a journal later, the only thing is my workout needs to be rearranged so when i figure that part out ill post up a work log. I like how everyone on this forum motivates each other.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do yourself a huge favor and do this:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

What you have there is absolutely atrocious and you are wasting a good thing being at that weight and not being fat to start with. Properly training could turn you into a beast instead of wasting your time with the nonsense you said you were going to do.

Why should I do this program?

Why are there so many questions on this program? Some say it is a fad, nothing more, nothing less. However, it is a fad that, along with Bill Starr's training methods, is now going on 3 decades of use. That is pretty long lasting for any 'fad'. It may be a 'fad' to the small fishbowl of training that is the bb.com Workout Program regulars, but to weight trainees worldwide, it is anything but a fad.

The program stresses the tried-and-true basics of effective compound exercises and weight progression on those exercises with an emphasis on exact technique. There is nothing "magical" about the program. It works because it is rooted in common sense and decades of experience.

It is a beginner's weight training program. As such, many of the specifics of the program (no machines, barbells only, very few exercises, very low complexity) will simply not work for someone who is more advanced. When reading through the program, ensure that you keep a sense of the Target Audience in your head, so you know to whom the information contained within is address. However, no matter what your final fitness goal is, a base of strength will help anyone and everyone achieve those goals. Whether you're a sprinter, swimmer, basketball player, or martial artist, this program will make you a stronger sprinter, swimmer, basketball player, or martial artist. Foundational strength is a major asset in every life pursuit, and no matter the competition or sport, if you pit two equal athletes head to head, all other things being equal, the stronger athlete will always win. Consider this.

In the end, the newcomer should do this program because it will get him strong and will teach him what he needs to know to form a basis of a "successful career" in weight training.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah you've got a decent bit of weight on you to begin with, you'll do well if you follow something more structured. Go to mrR's link of The Vault and get a decent routine going.