Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My kitten just died

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...squashed by my sister's BF's car when he went to leave. We don't know how it happened. Maybe she crawled up in the wheel well. She was one and a half months old today.

We have four other kittens and four older cats (almost six months) and the mother of all of them. The father comes and goes. What a Chad.

To be honest, I'm really annoyed. The kitten that died was the only grey kitten in the litter, and she was the cutest by far. Her sisters (all sisters we believe) are all ginger. Nothing against gingers but she was my favourite. I can't even look at her sisters now.

Is this a normal reaction?

Spooky sidenote: the BF kept asking me this evening before he left "if you run over a kitten does it die? What about a bigger cat?" (He's a bit Salt Of The Earth) He must have asked three or four times. And ten minutes before it happened I picked her up and of course she tried scratching my hand off and I put her down and told her to "go get squashed and die and fúck off" Hmmm...

I'm really annoyed.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Reinforces the notion that we don’t really appreciate who we have until they’re gone, but I believe it’s more about a sudden an unexpected death that disrupts us the most. Sudden shock syndrome is how I describe it.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, brother. I also have a cat. He's 10 years old now, I love that guy. And he's a part of our family. Don't question your emotions when it comes to a loss like that. If some motherf*cker would ask me sh*t like that I'd lose it immediately. What kind of psychopath thinking is that? Maybe try running him over and see if he survives. Could be funny. But don't do it though. It's not worth the trouble.

I just don't understand why a kitten would run around by itself close to the street. Away from the mother? It's weird.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I just don't understand why a kitten would run around by itself close to the street. Away from the mother? It's weird.
Yep, cats are inside only creatures, dogs only outside when fenced in or leashed. Some of my neighbors too lazy to do litter box maintenance work, let their cats roam loose daily, a bad habit which I Strongly disagree with…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, cats are inside only creatures, dogs only outside when fenced in or leashed. Some of my neighbors too lazy to do litter box maintenance work, let their cats roam loose daily, a bad habit which I Strongly disagree with…
Especially if they are not spayed or neutered, they shouldn't be out running around increasing the population. Cats outside in the country where they can catch mice and not be as likely to get run over is a different thing. I wouldn't let cats run around outside in the city.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Being upset over losing a pet is nothing to be ashamed of. It makes you human.

Billtx49

Reaction score
[QUOTE="zekko, post: 2767293, member: 75458”] they shouldn't be out running around
I wouldn't let cats run around outside in the city. [/QUOTE]
I hear you, one of my previous neighbors used to brag about his cat relocation program. It seems one of the local cats was jumping on his convertible top and napping there, scratching the hood and leaving white fur on a black top.
The cat supposedly got trapped in his live animal trap, so he had to drive it to the next county to release it safely…
Bad things can happen to a roaming cat on the loose.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for replying everyone. She wasn't roaming outside the house but in the courtyard where cars park. We're always super careful when driving in or out. I had gone to bed when it happened but I heard my family's distress and went to investigate. Apparently after he turned the car around to leave they saw her lying there dead. She never made a sound. Not a pretty sight.

Although the young'uns have been venturing just outside the gate into the alleyway I always shoo them back in. Their older brothers and sisters took months longer to start peeking outside. I guess the kittens saw their big siblings do it and had to join in. We've been considering applying for cat sanctuary status so we can have them all sterilized without paying up to a grand in total (seven females including the mother, now reduced to six).

I'm gonna miss her. Even had a collar ready for her along with her sisters. Hers was gonna be the only black collar since she was the only grey cat. She didn't have a name yet.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna miss her. Even had a collar ready for her along with her sisters. Hers was gonna be the only black collar since she was the only grey cat. She didn't have a name yet.
She was a cutie, great markings. It's a shame, for sure.
In my experience, even if you let a cat out for short outings, or in an enclosed place, they're going to want to start going out.
If they don't know what they're missing, it saves a lot of hassle.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spooky sidenote: the BF kept asking me this evening before he left "if you run over a kitten does it die? What about a bigger cat?" (He's a bit Salt Of The Earth) He must have asked three or four times. And ten minutes before it happened I picked her up and of course she tried scratching my hand off and I put her down and told her to "go get squashed and die and fúck off" Hmmm...

I'm really annoyed.
I'm pretty skeptical of this whole story

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've know of too many spooky stories, a few involving family members, to ignore them.

My aunt's dad woke up one morning and announced "today is the day I leave". No one thought anything of it. A few hours later he'd been shot in the chest by car jackers. He lived just long enough for my aunt to fly halfway across the world and see him on more time.

My uncle (by blood), the same aunt's husband, died of a heart attack while mountain biking three months after he'd had a heart attack on the very same trail. The people who found him were the same people both times. His physical fitness put the rest of the family to shame. I couldn't keep up with him.

When it's your time, it's your time.

LazyYoda

Reaction score
Inside only? Cats fair way better hunting then dogs do. Cats are almost the perfect predator.
yes,thats true. The highest `ranks` of cat genus are tigers,cheetahs and pumas. While dogs are hapenned from jackals and wolves, which are much weaker than previous listed by me.