My hopeless friend

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have this friend (let’s call him Jerry) and we’ve known each other for a few years. He’s always been pretty hopeless with women, and I’ve gotten a female perspective on this from one of my own dates, who agreed that he was bad at talking to women. I have tried to give him advice, and he knows that it is good advice because he has always admired me a little for having better prowess in dating than him. None of it seems to be sinking in. I want to help him out because he is a good guy. His best attributes are:

- his height (6’2”)
- decent-looking face
- semi-fit body (nothing crazy but he works out)
- can be funny

His main failings:

- overcommitting
- giving too many compliments/being too nice
- Being too available (responding immediately to texts, calling her in the middle of the night)
- lack of self-confidence
- pedestalizing the woman
- general simping

What can I do to help him/what is something I can tell him that will aid him better?

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
You can't really help someone with that. The most effective cure for him would be to have his heart broken by a woman. All of the failings you mentioned are symptoms of a naive belief that all women are good. He will need to experience more emotional distress to develop a more realistic view of the world, as everyone else has to. Change rarely comes without pain.

All you can do is be there to build him back up when he breaks, if he breaks.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have this friend (let’s call him Jerry) and we’ve known each other for a few years. He’s always been pretty hopeless with women, and I’ve gotten a female perspective on this from one of my own dates, who agreed that he was bad at talking to women. I have tried to give him advice, and he knows that it is good advice because he has always admired me a little for having better prowess in dating than him. None of it seems to be sinking in. I want to help him out because he is a good guy. His best attributes are:

- his height (6’2”)
- decent-looking face
- can be funny

His main failings:

- overcommitting
- Being too available (responding immediately to texts, calling her in the middle of the night)
- general simping

What can I do to help him/what is something I can tell him that will aid him better?
Pull hot and young. When he sees you he will ask wtf is going on.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he will have to fall in love... with some hoe and then when she screws him over you can try to point him to the truth. I can not think of ANY other way to get through the matrix. it's going to have to be really dramatic for him.

he wants to be good... and doesn't understand that mother nature does not reward good.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My hopeless friend
Your friend seems to be the salt of the earth kind a guy...

You can't do much tho...
Mostly because he has to change and wanting to change by paying the price. Many people are not willing to pay the price of change, but they do like the dream and though of it.
As they say, "The change has to come from within".
But you are nice good friend for trying to help him. I really hope he appreciate you for that.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Tell him to get some matches on tinder/bumble. Tell him to triple book his dates. If none cancels, go out with the hottest one and bail on the other girls.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- his height (6’2”)
- decent-looking face
- can be funny

His main failings:

- overcommitting
- general simping

Send him to this forum and tell him to post all his reports of interactions with women / dates so people will verbally cut him down until he starts listening.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- his height (6’2”)
- decent-looking face
- can be funny

His main failings:

- overcommitting
- general simping

You can give him a little info at a time. Say something like, "Yeah, I used to really su*ck with women, striking out all the time. Then I found a few good YouTube channels and web sites. It was really surprising info at first, what women say they want vs what they really want. Totally counter-intuitive, but it works. Tough at first but glad I made the changes." He'll be curious so give him a little at a time. Blue pill beta guys are usually really opposed to all things DJ and Red Pill.

Good luck.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introduce him to one of your BPD plates.

When his head gets fvcked, you can begin the teachings.