Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My hangups and sticking points

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey brothers,

Just turned 37 and starting to go on a lot of dates lately. Wanted to lay out some of my sticking points to maybe make myself more aware of them and try to eradicate them as quickly as possible. I welcome any advice.

1. I tend to be way too much of a nice guy with women. This tends to be engrained in my DNA. Even though Im cognizant of it, I still find myself doing it. I do things I shouldn't. I get in a pathetic mindset, where I start falling for the girl half way through the first date. I put the girl on a pedestal. I play it too safe in what I say and do. I'm too stifled.

2. I delve into deeper, more intellectual conversation and am too serious at times. This is how I like to talk with other men (and women), but I'm not sure it serves me well.

3. I try to pretend as if I'm not that sexual. This again is ingrained in my I think from my Catholic upbringing. So I fail to escalate or when I do escalate, I do it awkwardly sometimes. I think I have a fear of being considered the 'bad guy'. It seems like I want to be the safe guy, the good guy.

4. I poorly lead at times. I have a bad habit of initially leading, then turning over the reins to the woman. I.E when to end the date, where to grab a beer/food, what to do. I know better and need to start acting like it.

5. I wait too long to escalate/ kiss. Sometimes the date is going obviously well..her touching me, good eye contact, and yet I wait until the end of the date to kiss/escalate. Seems it would be better to escalate earlier on. I get a bit nervous when at the end of the date, I have to go in for the kiss.

6. I give away frame.

7. I sometimes lack confidence/self belief.
This might be the biggest one. I really don't think this one makes logical sense. I do have some insecurities, but overall, I objectively have a lot going for me. Excellent income, outstanding shape, athletic, adventurous, financially secure. Probably slightly above average in looks.

8. I have a challenge now with premature ejaculation! Haha, this sucks. I have to sort this **** out asap. This topic may need to be its own thread, but if there are any ideas to overcome this, Im all ears.

9. I act too thirsty at times. Obviously not a good look. Im in a dry spell, so I need to create some kind of abundance in my focused interests/other woman to stave this off.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
adopt scorched earth.

I lead. she follows or next. blow me or blow me out. you can observe vagina getting dry by a lack of masculine intent. be bold.

learn to vibe. learn David D ****y funny. learn to play the game. If you are into it, what leaves your mouth has inherent value. it's a DHV. where I think you go wrong is the lack of fluff convo which seeds competence. be socially savy.

I am Christian too. 7lbs 8oz baby Jesus forgives. act accordingly. Seed the pull. I say a random word that's sexual and entirely irrelevant to the conconvo other than to build tension and seed the pull. I esculate. everything is a excuse to do so. obviously no or stop means e button.

At 37, you should be more competent. I always kiss and esculate. Calibrate. I hug from Go. does she lean in or out. Stack. if she leans out, it means not yet. no rejection. vibe. be funny if you are. aloof, nonchalant, indifferent.

a chick once said she's anxious. I esculate off that.

read I can make you confident by Paul McKenna. do the exercises. do the inner game work. read Joe Navarro what the body's saying. approach 3 girls a day. learn from the experience.

every set is practice. lastly , date younger.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Hey brothers,

Just turned 37 and starting to go on a lot of dates lately. Wanted to lay out some of my sticking points to maybe make myself more aware of them and try to eradicate them as quickly as possible. I welcome any advice.

1. I tend to be way too much of a nice guy with women. This tends to be engrained in my DNA. Even though Im cognizant of it, I still find myself doing it. I do things I shouldn't. I get in a pathetic mindset, where I start falling for the girl half way through the first date. I put the girl on a pedestal. I play it too safe in what I say and do. I'm too stifled.

2. I delve into deeper, more intellectual conversation and am too serious at times. This is how I like to talk with other men (and women), but I'm not sure it serves me well.

3. I try to pretend as if I'm not that sexual. This again is ingrained in my I think from my Catholic upbringing. So I fail to escalate or when I do escalate, I do it awkwardly sometimes. I think I have a fear of being considered the 'bad guy'. It seems like I want to be the safe guy, the good guy.

4. I poorly lead at times. I have a bad habit of initially leading, then turning over the reins to the woman. I.E when to end the date, where to grab a beer/food, what to do. I know better and need to start acting like it.

5. I wait too long to escalate/ kiss. Sometimes the date is going obviously well..her touching me, good eye contact, and yet I wait until the end of the date to kiss/escalate. Seems it would be better to escalate earlier on. I get a bit nervous when at the end of the date, I have to go in for the kiss.

6. I give away frame.

7. I sometimes lack confidence/self belief.
This might be the biggest one. I really don't think this one makes logical sense. I do have some insecurities, but overall, I objectively have a lot going for me. Excellent income, outstanding shape, athletic, adventurous, financially secure. Probably slightly above average in looks.

8. I have a challenge now with premature ejaculation! Haha, this sucks. I have to sort this **** out asap. This topic may need to be its own thread, but if there are any ideas to overcome this, Im all ears.

9. I act too thirsty at times. Obviously not a good look. Im in a dry spell, so I need to create some kind of abundance in my focused interests/other woman to stave this off.
Do the complete opposite of all of this.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m around the same age and I used to be exactly like you. I know how you feel and it’s going to take a lot of work to undo half a life of conditioning. The book “No More Mr Nice Guy” helped me tremendously. I recommend reading it several times. I think confidence and taking the lead should be a priority. I also try and dumb myself down and be more aloof. Don’t believe this “sapiosexual” crap. Being too nerdy/intelligent is not sexual. I’m not saying be a complete idiot, but be less serious. As long as you’re aware of what you’re doing and keep working to improve, you’ll be fine. Good luck.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks brothers. Appreciate the replies. I'll keep myself accountable let you know what I do on the dates. And hopefully don't repeat any of the above that I listed.