My GF's Ex Seems to be Approaching Her Again..

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
At first, I didn't worry a bit when she told me that her ex was asking her to eat out. I told her to go ahead, since it's not wrong to be friends with the ex isn't it? Well, since then, it seems that the ex is more and more frequent in approaching her. Like asking her out, making a phone call, visiting her house, etc. Now, I begin to feel uneasy here. It's not about my GF. I 99% believe that she won't cheat. But it's the ex. I smell that he might be up to something. What should I do? Should I tell her to stay away from him? But I think I better hold it until my suspicion is proved.

Thanks, guys.

Your effin' funny. That was a major sh*t and you failed. You let your girlfriend go out on a date with her ex and it opened the door for all this other sh*t.

Tell her if she's intends on being in a relationship with you, that he has to cut all contact with dude.

X-ecution

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
That's womenspeak to shame you into letting them do what they want.

It's wrong for her to do this. A good gf if she knew it was bothering you or you just considered it unacceptable just wouldn't do it. You don't really have to tell her "no" so she doesn't yell at you "don't control me" and does it out of spite as women are wont to do, you just say it's up to you but I disapprove and I wouldn't hang out alone with MY ex since I know you wouldn't like it and leave it at that. No threatening to break up or anything.

Then if she does anyway she's not very considerate and you dump her because it's only around the corner she's going to do it to you.

Read this: www.laddertheory.com
Good response. i did this to my gf once because she was talking to this AFC who was trying to get with her. she doesn't like and they're friends, but she knows what he's after and told him straight up that it'll be none of that

it's possible that she may still have some interest in him, but everything is not always so clear cut. Maybe she's super nice and doesn't like blowing guys off?

maybe she's insecure and feels better when lots of men show interest in her? who knows. it could be a number of things. sometimes your own insecurity can blind you as much as your emotion, creating illusions that you think are bad but not really bad at all.

ask yourself this. what has this female done for you? is she a good gf? or does she just blow hot air about how good she is?

by looking at her actions you can determine whether she might be just leading you on, or if she is really into him or you.

X-ecution

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
Okay, there's one main thing that makes me think: By disapproving her talking to him, doesn't it make me seem INSECURE/JEALOUS? Won't it make her think that I don't trust her?

not really. it's not a matter of trust. it's just extremely disrespectful that she'd wanna hang out with an ex of all people

it's more insecure that you cry about it and don't let her know what's up.

X-ecution

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
would you rather you policed her and then she cheats on you 5 years down the road instead?

I'd let her hang out w/ her ex. if she cheats on you w/ him, it lets you know she's not for you. saves you a lot of time and energy trying to put effort into something that wasn't meant to be. you should want a girlfriend that knows how to behave whether or not you're in her shadow, not a girl who can't use her fvckin head so you gotta think for her and tell her what to do

then again, this is just my philosophy on LTR's. sounds like everybody else is different

i like this viewpoint. it has so much truth in it, without all the whiny crying alpha male crap

if she ever cheats on you then you know she doesn't respect you. so just simply get rid of her.

you'll be a lot better

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you let your girl hang out with her ex, you are encouraging her to be with him.