Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"my friend thinks your cute"

SCRIV

Reaction score
maybe over analysing this but a few times latly in clubs woman have said this too me, usually im quite good at recognising IOI's but i had never picked them up from there so called friends. Is this an IOI from the woman asking or could it be a genuine statement from the woman who asked? the last time this happened her friend was an absolute stinker (hb-1) i found it quite insulting that she'd even assume us two getting together :nono:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are smooth enough, maintain strong eye contact the entire time (never look at her friend) and say "I think you're cute".

Some guys here might not like it, but.... well, I just don't care what they think.

Could be an IOI, testing to see how you respond. Could be actually trying to set her shy/ugly/infected friend up.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't really think too much into it. It's probably that her friend is shy and thinks your cute. It happends. Happend to me with my best friends fiances best friend.(confusing I know, maybe re-read it).

Her aunt was telling me "She thinks your really hot. I know she's not the best looking girl but she's awesome...blah blah."

Probably the same. Chicks that know or think you are out of their league and too timid to tell you yourself.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best retort would be something along the lines of ... well she's gonna have to come tell me that in person afterall I'm not going to get anywhere telling my friends to ask out women for me.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_411 said:
Best retort would be something along the lines of ... well she's gonna have to come tell me that in person afterall I'm not going to get anywhere telling my friends to ask out women for me.
It's not the same thing though. Men are expected to have balls, women are not. Women can get away with this sort of thing because they aren't expected to be the pursuers.

The statement itself is interesting though, isn't it? "My friend thinks you're cute". It's often been said here that women respond to alpha behavior, not looks. Yet the girl's expression of interest explicitly references the guy's looks. She thinks you're "cute". Or could she mean your behavior is cute? The statement seems to be indicating looks, though.

The term "cute" is also interesting. Not manly, fine, attractive, handsome, good looking, but cute. When one considers the attributes of an alpha, is "cute" one of them?

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
It's not the same thing though. Men are expected to have balls, women are not. Women can get away with this sort of thing because they aren't expected to be the pursuers.

The statement itself is interesting though, isn't it? "My friend thinks you're cute". It's often been said here that women respond to alpha behavior, not looks. Yet the girl's expression of interest explicitly references the guy's looks. She thinks you're "cute". Or could she mean your behavior is cute? The statement seems to be indicating looks, though.

The term "cute" is also interesting. Not manly, fine, attractive, handsome, good looking, but cute. When one considers the attributes of an alpha, is "cute" one of them?
I think you are simply over thinking this. That sentence is pretty typical, I have found. To the point where it has become more of a "saying", than something that should be taken word-for-word. I'll randomly hear my girl friends say "yeah he's really cute" or "I think he's cute" or "look at that cute guy". It's turning into a way of saying they like someone.

At least in my observations. Could be generational, could be geographical... who knows.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:

Here's the thing, zekko, do you really want to date a woman who can't even have the nerve to flirt with you? Certainly, it's possible she did and then my previsous question is moot.

It's a double standard. I get that biologically we are supposed to pursue but give societal norms these days shouldn't the woman at least put forth the effort?

To me this is a classic trap scenario. When a girl tells you your cute through an intermediary (i.e female friend) it's a S-test. Think about it ... It's a manipulation to get you to come to her and that's not leading/taking initiative that's following. She's controlling the situation. Her action = your reaction

It's a subtle trap no doubt, but if a girl is in to you it will be obvious and she's not going to hide behind her friends she will act out with signals.

It's up to you to take action.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Zekko: I don't think "cute" necessarily implies lack of alphaness. From a girl, cute simply means you meet or exceed her minimum standard of attractiveness and thus are "doable.". A "cute" guy could be a super masculine muscle man or it could be a good looking but scrawny metro dude. "Cute" means generally attractive to the girl.

I had a female call me "adorable" recently. That's a different story. That means very easy on (her) eyes, but sexual attraction is missing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 411 said:
Here's the thing, zekko, do you really want to date a woman who can't even have the nerve to flirt with you?
Well, I really don't select women based on how well they sarge.

Women aren't always good at approaching, they aren't expected to be. That's why they can send their friend up to you to like this and get away with it.

I agree this situation sets up a sh!t test of sorts, and is trickier than it might at first appear. If you run right over there, does it make you look desperate? What is the proper DJ response to this? When this sort of thing has happened to me, I have usually asked the girl out. Unless she didn't appeal to me, in which case I ignored it, or told the girl carrying the message I wasn't interested.

PDubb75 said:
I think you are simply over thinking this
Yeah, pretty much.
I still think it's interesting.

AnonymousRex

Reaction score
Take what you will from this... I drove through the Starbucks drive through. This attractive young gal spent a good minute making sure she understood me 100% on my order. She and I shared mutual disagreement towards skim milk, called it "fake", and laughed. I was jolly as **** and she seemed happy too. She didn't make eye contact, nervously giggled, and quickly ran back to finish my drink. The other girl working there brought the finished drink to me. She leaned out the window and said "That barista you just talked to thinks you're cute. Next time she's working you should park your car, come inside and talk to her." I said, "She's pretty cute herself! I'll be around tomorrow around the same time."I was in a hurry and the barista seemed busy, so I just went about my business. One time I was acting like a goof ball and an older lady said "You're so cute!" but her body language was that of a mother laughing at her toddler son. You have to look at each woman's body language and the way that she acts as well as what she says. "Cute" to one chick could mean "Childish" to another chick and could mean "TOTALLY READY TO **** THAT DUDE" to yet another chick. Each woman is different. Like others have said though... our culture has had a huge impact on how men and women are supposed to behave. It's important to take that into consideration without strictly adhering to those rules. If you enjoy your time together then figure out a way to make it happen. If she's too shy, you'll have to be the initiator. Otherwise go for a more masculine woman who will pursue you while you shy away! =]

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women generally don't approach. They expect the man to do that.

A good response would be, "Well, how about you invite me back to your table so I can meet her?

When you get something like this, it's basically pvssy falling into your lap. If you've got decent game, you can easily get a lay out of it. You already know the chick likes you, so you know you'll get little resistance when getting her number or setting up a date.

If you find that she's ugly, then you don't have to stick around her table.

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are sly. Actions over words. That could just be an opener so she can talk to you because she thinks you're cute or whatever. Although it could of course just mean that her friend thinks you're cute. Who knows. Just do what you want here - it's your decision - go for the one talking to you or her friend or do neither and go back to doing whatever it was you were previously doing.

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
To much thinking. Look over to her friend, if she meets your looks standards, wave her to come to you and talk to both of them.