"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

My Ephinany, your past CAN dictate ur future

mtllcanpssy

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Alright so i was reading some articles today and i realized this, what one has done in the past, they are likely to do in the future. So the importance of this is for people to realize that they can change the present and ultimately change everything, as long as you just try. Yes you will fail, but if get tough when the tough gets going then you will prevail and you shall be successful. I could go deeper into this but i just wanted to make it short. peace
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Eddymj89

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Virginia
Yes, but here is my question. What if the person in question, perhaps not yourself, has not had the best past. What if they have had a questionable past, one which when you hear about it you cringe with distaste. Yet, this person seems to have a great personality, is fun, etc, etc, etc. One may say forget the past, but as you say, the past cannot be forgotten. So I suppose that can go both ways, what you see yourself having done, and what the other person has done in the past. It changes them, as it may change you, shall you let it. Even if you don't let it, it may still leave you with that sour taste in your mouth, no matter how great and beautiful the girl/woman may be. Is this not true?
 

dbot

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
530
Reaction score
63
Well anything can dictate your future, IF you let it. But it's never too late to change.
 

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
4,626
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Location
Colorado
You didnt say anything new really. But uhh...yea...cool
 
Top