Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Dad's in the Hospital...

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I met this chick weekend before last. got her number. Set up a date for tuesday last thursday. she cancels last minute because "her dad's in the hospital" some kind of heart failure. This is like the classic excuse. But of course you never know, so I responded with no problem, family first, i would cancel too, u know, sympathizing.

Has anyone ever had this excuse be real and then end up with the girl? She says 'sorry to cancel last minute, we'll go out soon!"

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Has anyone ever had this excuse be real and then end up with the girl?"

Doesn't matter.

"She says 'sorry to cancel last minute, we'll go out soon!"

The real question should be...

Should I go out with an available chick in the meantime who is not throwing excuses either valid or false my way for why we are not on a date at this moment?

Answer: Yes you should. :up:

Keep sick dad girl around as a plate if you like, that is if she comes back to you and reveals the sick dad story wasn't b.s after all.

If sick dad girl somehow finds out you went on a date with another chick and acts all huffy about it kindly tell her that you never said you and she were exclusively dating and if that doesn't put an end to the huffy bullsh!t right then and there next.

Igetit!

Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
"Has anyone ever had this excuse be real and then end up with the girl?"

Doesn't matter.

"She says 'sorry to cancel last minute, we'll go out soon!"

The real question should be...

Should I go out with an available chick in the meantime who is not throwing excuses either valid or false my way for why we are not on a date at this moment?

Answer: Yes you should. :up:

Keep sick dad girl around as a plate if you like, that is if she comes back to you and reveals the sick dad story wasn't b.s after all.

If sick dad girl somehow finds out you went on a date with another chick and acts all huffy about it kindly tell her that you never said you and she were exclusively dating and if that doesn't put an end to the huffy bullsh!t right then and there next.
I second this.

Kontroller pretty much summed up everything you need to do here.

I do hope what this girl said was true. This would seem pretty far out there just to avoid a date. It kinda reminds me of the "Runaway Bride" from a few years ago. You know the story. Some lady was supposed to be getting married in a few days,but instead of telling her groom or anybody else for that matter that she was having second thoughts,she ran off,called 911 and lied to the operator saying that she had been kidnapped. She had the whole country worried about her,her whole community out searching and looking for her,the local authorities spending thousands of dollars and man hours trying to find her and searching for two men who didn't exist.

And all that because of cold feet.

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.however,if you find out that she was indeed lying,I'd drop her and never look back.

I can take a woman telling me she isn't interested in me,but to use something like her parent being ill as a way to show disinterest? Uhh,no.
That'd turn me off no matter what she looks like.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes it happens. I'd take it at face value.

But I wouldn't be banking on anything. Treat this like any old rejection and try again later. You'll get your answer soon enough.

If you want to put it to the test when you speak to her next, ask her how her mother's doing with the whole heart thing. Its easy to get "confused" about it all, and obviously if she goes on like her mother is doing better you know it was a lie. Otherwise just ask like a human lie detector.

Either way Kontroller has it down

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

Of course I'll keep seeing other women. I've got plenty of other girls to keep me busy, so any one girl is really no big deal, but I'm still lookin for one that I actually care about =)

RFish

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX did it again. :D

But for the record wise, it will really be weird to say such things if it wasn't true, too out of the way. It is like cursing her own dad.

So I felt it is likely to be true.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things like that happen, I was supposed to hang out with a girl last Sat, but my grandpa had passed Friday evening. If it ends up being a lie she is a pretty horrible person.

Just go spin your other plates and wait for her to contact you. You can always give the "I wanted to give you time to be with your dad and family" excuse.

If you never here from her again, she was lying.