SoulAngel
New Member
Ok, this my first time in THIS forum. I've always liked this forum for a long time so I decided to tell a story about a situation of mine....^^:;
The girl's name has been changed to [Girl] for privacy sakes^^;;
About 2 1/2 years ago in late august of 2001 I met a girl in my art class named [Girl]. At that point i had secretly admired her then at some point in September i then showed visible signs that i liked her. Then when my birthday came on the 13th, she had made me a cake and i loved it very much. Then during that month we were best friends then i had asked her to be my girlfriend soon after. We had so much in common and we got along really good... we really clicked! We were doing excellent for she is my first real and steady
girlfriend even today. We had encountered some situations and problems but we did do ok on most of them. One thing that would end up later hurting the relationship was that i wanted us to have sex. Her parents wouldn't allow such a thing for her age, but i didn't know any better at that time...i just wanted that from her. It wasn't the only thing on my mind but i had felt that that would strengthen our love. During the summer of 2003 we had officalily broke up because of that. I took it hard like i was natually supposed to since we had been together for a very long time in my mind, 2 and a half years to be
exact. I didn't want to fully let go of her so i still wanted to be her friend. Today as of December 2004, we are extremely great friends. Before the New Year i had moved to another part of the state but i
was still able to reach her by car and hang out and i was doing just that.
Now that i have given you a good picture of us my question is this;
I had and still do really care about [Girl]. Her personality was unique to me, and i loved her a lot and very much respect her and i still do today. I am now in Florida and have been down here for about a half a year now. I have this
feeling inside me of not wanting to fully let go of her. I know how to move on with my life and not be obsessed with her too much like i used to be. My mom says that i should try to not think about [Girl] so much and go on and try to find other girls. But that is just it...i don't want to let go of a love that i had even though we had broken up. During the times we were together after the breakup and before I had moved, sometimes she would hold my hand and allow me to kiss her on the cheek when i leave her house and she hugs me for a while. She knows what i'm feeling. I know that we both feel that since i'm about to move somewhere very far...that we start to realize how
much we really cared for about each other. We are not going to physically see each other again and i feel that i'm going to lose someone really important in my life that could possibly be with in the future. I try to keep in touch of her now and then and she said that she visit me whenever she had the chance. Today as of December, we don't talk very much as in sending emails...she is in college and she is busy and i'm trying to keep busy and continue working on my portfolios for college.
At one point i really cared about this girl and even though we broke up, she still wanted to be best friends and i also wanted that. I just have the feeling that i'm not going to meet another girl as fantastic as [Girl] like that again. I understand that i should accept the fact that we will be distanced...but i just want to keep thinking about a future with me and [Girl]. I keep having the feeling that there was so much potential in our relationship if i hadn't screwed it up by not accepting no for an answer.
What does anyone suggest I should do?
After reading my own post...I might be coming off as a noob here.
but i'd love to hear from the intelligent minds out there about this.
The girl's name has been changed to [Girl] for privacy sakes^^;;
About 2 1/2 years ago in late august of 2001 I met a girl in my art class named [Girl]. At that point i had secretly admired her then at some point in September i then showed visible signs that i liked her. Then when my birthday came on the 13th, she had made me a cake and i loved it very much. Then during that month we were best friends then i had asked her to be my girlfriend soon after. We had so much in common and we got along really good... we really clicked! We were doing excellent for she is my first real and steady
girlfriend even today. We had encountered some situations and problems but we did do ok on most of them. One thing that would end up later hurting the relationship was that i wanted us to have sex. Her parents wouldn't allow such a thing for her age, but i didn't know any better at that time...i just wanted that from her. It wasn't the only thing on my mind but i had felt that that would strengthen our love. During the summer of 2003 we had officalily broke up because of that. I took it hard like i was natually supposed to since we had been together for a very long time in my mind, 2 and a half years to be
exact. I didn't want to fully let go of her so i still wanted to be her friend. Today as of December 2004, we are extremely great friends. Before the New Year i had moved to another part of the state but i
was still able to reach her by car and hang out and i was doing just that.
Now that i have given you a good picture of us my question is this;
I had and still do really care about [Girl]. Her personality was unique to me, and i loved her a lot and very much respect her and i still do today. I am now in Florida and have been down here for about a half a year now. I have this
feeling inside me of not wanting to fully let go of her. I know how to move on with my life and not be obsessed with her too much like i used to be. My mom says that i should try to not think about [Girl] so much and go on and try to find other girls. But that is just it...i don't want to let go of a love that i had even though we had broken up. During the times we were together after the breakup and before I had moved, sometimes she would hold my hand and allow me to kiss her on the cheek when i leave her house and she hugs me for a while. She knows what i'm feeling. I know that we both feel that since i'm about to move somewhere very far...that we start to realize how
much we really cared for about each other. We are not going to physically see each other again and i feel that i'm going to lose someone really important in my life that could possibly be with in the future. I try to keep in touch of her now and then and she said that she visit me whenever she had the chance. Today as of December, we don't talk very much as in sending emails...she is in college and she is busy and i'm trying to keep busy and continue working on my portfolios for college.
At one point i really cared about this girl and even though we broke up, she still wanted to be best friends and i also wanted that. I just have the feeling that i'm not going to meet another girl as fantastic as [Girl] like that again. I understand that i should accept the fact that we will be distanced...but i just want to keep thinking about a future with me and [Girl]. I keep having the feeling that there was so much potential in our relationship if i hadn't screwed it up by not accepting no for an answer.
What does anyone suggest I should do?
After reading my own post...I might be coming off as a noob here.