Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My co-worker can't take defeat.

mjwalker85

Reaction score
My coworker and I are competing for the upcoming promotion. When I luckily got the said promotion, he began to hate me more. I don’t know if he’s gay for hating me like this or he just badly needs the promotion. I had a foreign client one time who happened to cancel his order because this co-worker of mine told him so and asked the client to transfer to him. I don’t know what story he has put up to convince the client. He’s getting into my nerves. I sometimes feel like I want to take revenge but I decided not to. I don’t know what to do with these kind of people anymore.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about anyone but yourself - you cannot control this person's actions. If you spend time plotting revenge at the office, you will slip in productivity and happiness. Believe me, people will see through your coworker's nonsense. And if they don't and they reward it, it's not a good place to work. As for the foreign client, did you get a proper explanation on that from the client himself? That's the only spot where you may need to take action because it's affecting your work.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Conflict in a work context has to be dealt with more delicately than with family, friends, dating, rest of the world, etc. People in the workplace anymore are toxic.

A few general practices I implement in my work life so I can keep my jobs and also keep my integrity (there is always tug-a-war between the two):

- Conduct as much business as possible in Email, text, IM, etc. Verbal conversations in a 2018 workplace are like walking on to a Civil War battle field in action with no weapons or armor. People have what's called "selective memory loss" which is exactly what it says.
- If you have to have a verbal conversation with anyone that's important, follow up with a 'per our conversation' Email.
- Demand a level playing field; for example, if this guy is talking to your client then you should demand the opportunity to do the same
- Never defame someone's personal character. In the case of your guy, if he is talking smack about you, tell your client "I must disagree with XYZ he said. The facts are ABC. I know he is busy and may not have intentionally told you XYZ, but that's plan flat not the case" (this is a politically correct way to call him out, even though what you really want to say may have a few harsh words. Again, you CAN'T use harsh words in a workplace safely in 2018. It's just too risky.
- If you confront someone about something, or they confront you, and you cannot otherwise agree, always propose to 'agree to disagree'. This goes a long way for me and I do it almost on a weekly basis.
- Always give your immediate boss a chance to help, but if they don't, then never be afraid to go over their head. A former police Sergeant of mine used to say "Everyone has a boss, I don't care who they are or think they are".
- Offense is always easier than defense. Handle problems proactively instead of reactively if you can.

Again, these are just some general things from someone who has swam in the toxic river of work place sludge far too much.

Last edited:

mjwalker85

Reaction score
Don't worry about anyone but yourself - you cannot control this person's actions. If you spend time plotting revenge at the office, you will slip in productivity and happiness. Believe me, people will see through your coworker's nonsense. And if they don't and they reward it, it's not a good place to work. As for the foreign client, did you get a proper explanation on that from the client himself? That's the only spot where you may need to take action because it's affecting your work.
For the foreign client, no. He just said he had to cancel his order and no other words than that. Yeah, I decided not to take revenge because I realized we cannot please everyone and that there are people who cannot be glad of your achievements and will still pull you down no matter what. Thank you!

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm. Woman on a men's forum, complaining about another man, who's probably mad because you got a promotion likely for being a woman. I think this chick is a troll. She's posted this same post on about 8 forums.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Hmmm. Woman on a men's forum, complaining about another man, who's probably mad because you got a promotion likely for being a woman. I think this chick is a troll. She's posted this same post on about 8 forums.
I can't blame her for coming here for legit workplace related advice. She knows men like us are likely to give her more of an objective answer than her female counterparts anywhere else.