Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

My Challenge

Kidquick

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
3
Age
49
Right on man, keep it up!

You now have a partner in crime, btw - I'm going to enter the fray and get 5 cold approaches by next monday, 6-28. (About 1 a day, gonna start off slow...) I'm headin off to the gym tonight after work, I'll attempt to seek out and number close College Hottie #1. I'll report back tomorrow. :cool:

Anyone else??
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

khanboy

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Hey man,

I think it's great that you got a goal and such, but you gotta make it higher, well that's what worked for me.

When I first started, in the fall, I made the goal of approaching to 50 chicks over 5 days. I ended up doing around 28 or something like that. The next week I did less, the next I did less, etc. But the thing is, I forgot to set high goals, I just started going with the flow.

The flow does not carry on as a newbie, because once you stop approaching for even a day, you are back into AFC mode. You resume "never approach" behavior. As you know, with such behavior you will suck some serious ass.

The solution? Set a high, but obtainable goal. Get yourself utterly determined to reach it. Psyche yourself up, get yourself ready to push through all that AFC mindset thinking. Then leave the house and accomplish.

While out there, keep the focus off of the individual interactions. Instead, focus on the goal. You have to approach x number of chicks today. You see one, she is the yth approach, what happens with her is meaningless. You have x to get through, and she is just one of those x.

Trying to help out by providing what has worked for me,
khanboy
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
This is ace. I might start off with some more cold responses...

Areas of interest:
local big shop
Town in general
Walking into loads of shops and looking around
Internet cafe
Pubs
Cafes in general
librarys

They've served me well in the past, though I've been a bit AFC recently. Might go see if I can find myself an Ice Maiden at the local rink.. it's amazing how cool girls that ice skate are.. or atleast imo

Brilliant thread, keep em coming
 

ZW52

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Jackson,MS
Cold Approach #13, Wednesday, June 23, 2004. 9:15 p.m.


I have been reading this site a lot lately and I have become very inspired. I was being lazy all day and I pretty much laid around in my bed until 8:30 p.m. Well, I decided that I wanted to at least go somewhere tonight. I went to a local bookstore and sat around reading and looking for a girl to possibly approach. I saw an hb8 and decided to approach her. But I was stupid tonight and I spent 10 minutes debating whether or not to talk to her and how I should approach. Well, by the time I actually talked to her I was nervous as hell. I didn't speak very loudly and I studdered some. I felt weak. I talked to her maybe 2 minutes and the conversation was going nowhere. I asked for her number but she had a boyfriend. I need more practice. I really sucked tonight.
 

ZW52

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Jackson,MS
Cold Approach #14, Monday, August 2, 2004. 9:25 p.m.

Finally after a month and a half of totally wasting my summer and not approaching,I finally made another approach. I was sitting at a book store reading and a girl sitting across from me was studying something. I figured she was an 8 or 9 but I couldn't see her face since she was looking down at her book. I ask her what she was studying and she looked up and her face wasn't that great. She was maybe a Hb6. She told me about what she was studying for a couple seconds and that was it.I would bet money that I would have gotten her number if I had asked, but I wasn't too in to her. Well school starts soon and I have to stop wasting time and start taking action. Even though I go to a community college, hopefully there will be a bunch of hotties there this year.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

HHloser2

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Go for it man, And dont worry about Hotties being there. Schools are infested by them.;)
 

Anaconda

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Keep doing what ya doing and I can see a master DJ here next year! I've noticed you're still avoiding the rejection (the number closing part). Ask for their numbers even if they live a thousand miles away or if you're never going to call them so u can get used to hearing the word NO.

Do a mental review of your conversation after an encounter. Pick out the part where you think wasn't so smooth and think of 3 different ways you could have handled it differently. Rehearse it out loud until you hear yourself naturally. The more you do this, the more natural it gets and it'll become a part of you. Goodluck on your quest.
 

ZW52

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Jackson,MS
Cold Approach #15, Thursday, August 26, 2004. 10:30p.m.

This was probably the world's easiest approach. I was at a restaurant watching a band play and there was a girl sitting a few feet from me, an hb7.5. She kept looking my way for a couple minutes when we finally made eye contact I mouthed "hey". And she mouthed "hello". It was too loud to talk inside so I motioned for her to follow me outside and she did with out any second thought. Once outside I got a convo going about school and work and things like that. I had a bit on kino going but didn't do much C&f but there is still time for that. So the convo started winding down and I said "whats your number?" and she gave me her digits without hesitation. It was easy as hell. It was the first number I had gotten since last September or October, so its obviously a big step for me. I'll probably call in a few days and see if I can get a date for the middle of next week sometime.
 

ToughGuy

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Congratulations!!

Great done buddy!!

Keep it up!!
You are inspiring me.
I Also wanna take it, but wondering whether i would be able to do it or not?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top