Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My cardio plan for lockdown: Invested in a WaterRower

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I finally decided that now is the time to make an investment. I bought the WaterRower for my home gym. Specifically, I bought the Roll-Royce of the WaterRower line up: the M1 HiRise. I was originally going to get the orange-colored one that you'd find at Orange Theory Fitness, but I decided that orange is just too obnoxious a color for a home gym....

...I bought this used on Craigslist for $700 which is a steal considering these things retail for $1,750.

I also have an old 1980s weight machine in the backyard that has a chest press and pull up bar.

Right now, I'm rowing for 20 minutes a day which burns roughly 250 calories. I also do 500 kettlebell swings using the 10 lbs kettlebell in the picture. And I occasionally do jump roping and shadow boxing.

I've also been looking at videos on youtube from guys building their own wooden squat rack with materials they bought from Home Depot. If I get really bored I might build my own squat rack.

The only good thing about lockdown so far has been that I've lost about 8 lbs because I don't eat out quite as much and I have nothing to do at home beside workout and Netflix......

What are you guys doing for cardio?

WaterRower.jpg

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just waiting for all these to arrive at my doorstep within this few days.. And ill be going on my full power to get back to what im used to.. You doing it right except for xardio my favourite were the croastrainer machine. Bought it brand new since they has these 50% discount, looking at the market today it seems quite interesting to see this magnetic resistance mountain climbing at lowest price in my life. With all this i could easily burn 1500cal per workout session and shaping my body to full hotness!

IMG_09052020_011334_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpgIMG_09052020_011308_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpgIMG_09052020_011252_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just waiting for all these to arrive at my doorstep within this few days.. And ill be going on my full power to get back to what im used to.. You doing it right except for xardio my favourite were the croastrainer machine. Bought it brand new since they has these 50% discount, looking at the market today it seems quite interesting to see this magnetic resistance mountain climbing at lowest price in my life. With all this i could easily burn 1500cal per workout session and shaping my body to full hotness!

View attachment 4154View attachment 4155View attachment 4156

Excellent plan. In Cali, we're entering phase 1 of re-opening which allows retail stores to re-open with limitations - mostly curbside service so that people don't start rubbing their hands on stuff.

Phase 4 will include high density venues like movie theaters, concerts, night clubs, sporting events etc... sadly gyms are included in high density venues....

....and phase 4 won't start until at least September and most likely gyms will only be allowed to operate at minimal capacity....

...but there's always the possibility that the virus will come back for round 2 in the fall so we have to be prepared for a second lockdown.

....when retailers re-open, the best course of action is to rush out and buy dumbbells, kettlebells, benches, barbells, plates, etc to avoid all the price gougers online.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Homemade leg press. First vid is done using metal. Second vid is done using wood (probably from Home Depot).

Human ingenuity will be how we survive these lockdowns.....

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent plan. In Cali, we're entering phase 1 of re-opening which allows retail stores to re-open with limitations - mostly curbside service so that people don't start rubbing their hands on stuff.

Phase 4 will include high density venues like movie theaters, concerts, night clubs, sporting events etc... sadly gyms are included in high density venues....

....and phase 4 won't start until at least September and most likely gyms will only be allowed to operate at minimal capacity....

...but there's always the possibility that the virus will come back for round 2 in the fall so we have to be prepared for a second lockdown.

....when retailers re-open, the best course of action is to rush out and buy dumbbells, kettlebells, benches, barbells, plates, etc to avoid all the price gougers online.
All you said were true, that might be the reason of the price drop.. In here we were on phase clown, gov are going back and fourth indecisive about things to do, retail are open at limited capacity, gym? Hmm lightyears to come.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I finally decided that now is the time to make an investment. I bought the WaterRower for my home gym. Specifically, I bought the Roll-Royce of the WaterRower line up: the M1 HiRise. I was originally going to get the orange-colored one that you'd find at Orange Theory Fitness, but I decided that orange is just too obnoxious a color for a home gym....

...I bought this used on Craigslist for $700 which is a steal considering these things retail for $1,750.

I also have an old 1980s weight machine in the backyard that has a chest press and pull up bar.

Right now, I'm rowing for 20 minutes a day which burns roughly 250 calories. I also do 500 kettlebell swings using the 10 lbs kettlebell in the picture. And I occasionally do jump roping and shadow boxing.

I've also been looking at videos on youtube from guys building their own wooden squat rack with materials they bought from Home Depot. If I get really bored I might build my own squat rack.

The only good thing about lockdown so far has been that I've lost about 8 lbs because I don't eat out quite as much and I have nothing to do at home beside workout and Netflix......

What are you guys doing for cardio?

View attachment 4153
That's awesome. Anyone who's been or seen a crew team member knows how ripped this will make you.

Last edited:

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you resting against a bench shelf or just lifting these free for curls? Isn't this about 50 lbs each?
I do 35 degrees 12 reps.. Flat 12 reps and inclined 12 rep for this weight.. Then repeat 10 rep with 50kg set and the same 8 reps for 60 kg set.. Using adjustable bench.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I do 35 degrees 12 reps.. Flat 12 reps and inclined 12 rep for this weight.. Then repeat 10 rep with 50kg set and the same 8 reps for 60 kg set.. Using adjustable bench.
wow, that's weights amounts I've never tried with dumbells. I haven't even tried that type of lift on machines in years.
Do I ever regret not putting in the time to build my biceps before.
They've felt like they're ripped open and stiff since last week now. 2 days rest helped for about 35% of the pain only. I am such a gradual builder. Why haven't I been challenging myself more? smh

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, that's weights amounts I've never tried with dumbells. I haven't even tried that type of lift on machines in years.
Do I ever regret not putting in the time to build my biceps before.
They've felt like they're ripped open and stiff since last week now. 2 days rest helped for about 35% of the pain only. I am such a gradual builder. Why haven't I been challenging myself more? smh
Its normal when you just starting to build up your muscle, the pain will prolonged in the beginning, once you keep up on track and schedule with your traning the pain usually subside within 3 days, im starting my gym 7 years ago with only 5kg of resistance i keep challenging myself until i able to lift to 80kg and now i limit myself to 60kg because the care for that amount you lift were too much, now i can recklessly hold on my 60kg limit without too much care on diet and supplement. 80 kg and above were meant for professionals.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Its normal when you just starting to build up your muscle, the pain will prolonged in the beginning, once you keep up on track and schedule with your traning the pain usually subside within 3 days, im starting my gym 7 years ago with only 5kg of resistance i keep challenging myself until i able to lift to 80kg and now i limit myself to 60kg because the care for that amount you lift were too much, now i can recklessly hold on my 60kg limit without too much care on diet and supplement. 80 kg and above were meant for professionals.
Yes.
Thanks for explaining this progression. I felt like I went from 0 to 80kg. My metabolism is on fire because of these ripped muscles.
Thanks for saying it took 7 years to realise your 60kg maintaining lifts level.
Still seems pretty amazing to do that consistently. Keep up the good work Focal !

Keep on track with your diet and supplement too though.
I like sugar and the fat taste in some junk foods and my mind likes to opportunistically trick me into negotiating " well, its ok to have this cookie and that greasy hamburger now because you're burning it off more"

No.
I still get my best dietary fats and proteins from clean food and my best vitamins and minerals from bright and colourful vegetables with some fruit.
Defaulting to cheating with the food only hurts me in the long run for degeneration and disease.
Don't forget your diet and supplements too, just keep trying like I'm doing.

Last edited:

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.
Thanks for explaining this progression. I felt like I went from 0 to 80kg. My metabolism is on fire because of these ripped muscles.
Thanks for saying it took 7 years to realise your 60kg maintaining lifts level.
Still seems pretty amazing to do that consistently. Keep up the good work Focal !

Keep on track with your diet and supplement too though.
I like sugar and the fat taste in some junk foods and my mind likes to opportunistically trick me into negotiating " well, its ok to have this cookie and that greasy hamburger now because you're burning it off more"

No.
I still get my best dietary fats and proteins from clean food and my best vitamins and minerals from bright and colourful vegetables with some fruit.
Defaulting to cheating with the food only hurts me in the long run for degeneration and disease.
Don't forget your diet and supplements too, just keep trying like I'm doing.
Man i love junkies too much too lol! I keep snacking until have that some sort of buyer remorse than i cracked on my training again hahahaha.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Man i love junkies too much too lol! I keep snacking until have that some sort of buyer remorse than i cracked on my training again hahahaha.
Its satisfying a real need for your body. Can always replace junk food with more clean food. Obviously I'm craving more fat lately and the feel good serotonin I get from sugar so maybe up my potatoes intake.
Great job on the 1.5 hour training. I know exactly how you're feeling rn and its giving me a burst of energy now my friend, thanks for the boost!

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am absolutely loving my rower. I'm burning about 500 calories in a 40 minute session which is almost as much as running. Combined with a routine of kettlebell swings, jump roping and shadow boxing, I am absolutely confident that I'll be coming out of lockdown more fit than I have been in a long time.

I've already got my eye on my next piece of cardio equipment: The Concept 2 Skierg. It mimics nordic skiing which is also a killer cardio workout. I've used one of these at my local gym before lockdown and it gives a great burn in the lat muscles. If you're a guy that struggles with lat activation exercises ( like me), this machine really targets the lats and triceps.

The thing with cardio is that you really have to mix it up to prevent boredom from setting in.

sikerg.jpg

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I've never heard of that.
I'm a cross country skiier. I wonder how it works for the legs? I see now the legs don't move, its mostly upper body. Still cool.

Last edited:

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just burn 800cal with my crosstrainer cardio, the only thing that hasnt arrived are my 50kg dumbell where the delivery guys are dumb enough to try to send it at 9 am in the morning on saturday! While im sleeping tired from day of working, sending a complimentary complains for him through their company and 2 piece of floor gym mat.. Everything elses are perfect!

IMG_17052020_142733_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpgIMG_17052020_142841_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg