Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My acne is killing me...

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunlight has UV rays. UV rays will kill bacteria on your skin. That is the first way it improves acne.

The second way is that it makes Vitamin D in your skin.

So go out in the sun. Accutane will work temporarily but could ruin your liver. Bad trade.

Also try minerals like ZINC and MAGNESIUM. Cheap. Safe. Often effective.

jat187

Reaction score
I think you might have an exfoliation problem. To get rid of the whiteheads you got to pop them out if they are underneath the skin. The best way to get rid of them is using a "comedone," its a tool you can buy for 10 bucks that helps you pop them out. After you pop them out you got to start exfoliating your skin. Dead skin and oils build up in your pores and then clog up and build acne. You can go out and buy some name brand exfoliating products but why waste your money and possibly damage your skin, just use homo milk and dab it all over your face. The lactic acid in milk is a great exfoliant and its all natural.

Screw accutane that **** just screws up your body.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen if your acne is killing you, you should spend the little time you have left trying to save yourself instead being here. There's a product I see on tv called proactive. Try that.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly recommend Accutane. It looks a bit scary and has some side affects while taking it, but the dry lips and slight back pain are well worth it.

It puts a strain on the liver and cholesterol while taking it but everything goes back to normal afterwards. And taking fish oil limits these side effects.

torn1

Reaction score
God that sounds like me a year ago. I was in the same situation not knowing what to do with my acne. It really sucked. I thought I was stuck. I tried all this homemade crap that didn't work, if anything it made it worse in my opinion. I've spent money on proactiv that just didn't do much either. It wasn't until I found this acne treatment that works from the inside out. It basically comes with a herbal supplement that you take daily that promotes good skin health along with pores. I've found it's been the turning point in my acne curing. The stuff is called clearpores and it still comes with the face washes and body washes which is great and useful too but you have to take the herbal supplement. I saved money onit at skincleansingsystem.com at the time which was very helpful. If anyone has acne, I know how hard it is. You have to be positive and not let it effect your life. I know it'll be hard but you have to deal with it. It will go away.

heronfisher

Reaction score
I have extremely oily skin and I use to go to the dermtologist for help. I spent hundreds of dollars and I still had oily skin. I went on a spiritual fast with my church and went with out food for a while and only had water. When I came off of my fast, I did not have oily skin anymore. My skin was so clear. The reason was because I was only drinking water, and was not eating oily food.I know you have to eat, so if you only eat stuff like fruit, vegetable, water, know greasy foods, your skin will clear up. I went back to heading greasy food, and the oil came back. So, now I know why I have oily skin. So, I am just watching what I eat, so I can have clearer skin. Also you can do a detox to clean you system out and then put only healthy food in your body. This has been proven to heal people from oily skin, acne and so on.

Farmboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on accutane myself at the moment, and it completely eradicated the whiteheads within two weeks. My skin is actually smooth for the first time since I was 12 and I no longer have visible oil droplets coming out of every (unplugged) pore an hour after washing my face. So far the only side effects have been the typical dry skin, sun sensitivity, and dry eyes. I've got Blue Cross/Blue Shield and my accutane costs me $10 at the pharmacy, the insurance covers the other $900.
If nothing else works and you don't have any pre-existing medical problems like depression or liver disease, accutane might be worth a shot. I know how scary the laundry list of side effects is, but they're mostly dose dependent and go away after you stop the drug. And there was a study done on accutane users that followed them for 10 years post-treatment and found no lingering side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8286227

And for those of you still unwilling and/or unable to take accutane, there is some hope on the horizon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-pill-effects-end-teenagers-acne-agony.html
http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trial...-d002-seborrhoea-primary-cause-acne-3919.html
http://www.summitplc.com/SMTD002.htm

Powerofmindset

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried everything...I had bad acne. I've tried almost every prescription, including accutane. This is what i do now at the age of (almost) 24. I buy 10% Benzoyl peroxide Oxy Face Wash...use that in the morning and whenever i need it. It will dry your face out...but not too much. Depends on your skin tho. I also go tanning maybe once every couple weeks...then wait an hour or 2 and take a shower. This keeps my skin more dry everyday and it also gives me a little color which in return covers some of that acne up and makes it less noticable. Accutane is fine...everyone is different. If you notice side effects you can't handle then stop the medication...it's that simple. IDC what people say about what you eat...it doesn't matter. Also get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday...i really does help.

Other suggestions: put a new towel over your pillows at night to sleep on so you dont keep rubbing your face into yesterdays oil/dirt in the pillow, exercise...it'll clean your pores out...just make sure you shower!

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
testosterone worsens acne (I kno, wot a heretic I am :p) so drinking soy milk every day helps to reduce pimples. I also found that smoking cigarettes helped my acne, because smoking dries out ur skin. Yeah true! thats how I used to combat my acne! I quit smoking now tho for health reasons, and I only drink soy milk when my gf makes fresh home made 4 me~~these days I use chinese medicine herbal pills and take ZMA each nite... works just as well w/out the undesirable side effects of smoking/soy milk.

frenchbeauty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Accutane works.

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Accutane actually rewrites the DNA of your cells to cut down oil production btw. That'll seriously help with the oil. Not sure what else will address the root of the problem.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bladerunner said:
Accutane actually rewrites the DNA of your cells to cut down oil production btw. That'll seriously help with the oil. Not sure what else will address the root of the problem.

zinc 100mg and vitamin D 8000g per day work

taporsnap17

Don Juan
Reaction score
The three best things that helped me are: Take a zinc supplement daily. Go to acne.org and buy the regimen and use it religiously, and get 8-9 hours of sleep every night

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright after reading everyone's posts, I need to my add my opinion to this thread because some of the answers are misinformed. You guys have to remember that each person's body chemistry is different. What works for one person (e.g. accutane) will not always work for the next person. This is true because we all have our genetic differences.

Accutane: I personally never tried it and I don't think I need it because my acne is clearing up. Ray advises against it *enter link to Ray's blog below

zinc: I used it for a while and it induces a vomiting reflex if you take it on an empty stomach. Honestly, I never used it long enough to see if it really works

Acne.org's Benzoyl Peroxide solution: I bought this a while back and although it does work, it gets rid of acne temporarily. I used it consistently for a month and it didn't improve my skin that much more. Only use it as an exfoliant from time to time. I noticed it made my skin more sensitive.

SO.....READ THESE:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157996&highlight=acne+thread

Note: The link to Ray's blog inside jonwon's acne thread is broken because google recently deleted his entire blog a few weeks ago. He's posting updates in this one.

http://howtoclearyouracne.com/main/

My personal opinion about Ray's method (since I'm still on it)

1. Ray's method does work, but it takes a while to kick in. You should start seeing results a few weeks on the adjusted diet. I've been following the instructions for almost 3 months now. You can't break out of your healthy diet or you risk breaking out.
  2. New pimples no longer form except the times I was stupid and ate junk food for a few consecutive days.
  3. My acne scars are slowly disappearing now, but I don't think they'll lighten up. I'm going to be patient and hopefully the scars will look fainter by the end of this summer.
  4. Following the diet is a little annoying, but why not? You get a dual-benefit by eliminating acne and improving your health at the same time. Once you start it, it's easy because you form a habit. The only effort needed is consciously being aware of what you eat.

GOOD LUCK!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took accutane before... my dose was at 20mg and it was still too high for my body even though most people can take at least 40... while I was on it it killed acne but gave me more scars... its like 2 years later now and the scars are going away but I just use tazorac for acne.

You can use it but as soon as anything starts going wrong or you feel bad at all stop taking it immediately and don't continue until it is completely gone. Plus the fact that accutane's main ingredient is Isotretinoin and isotretinoin is used to treat brain and pancreatic cancers should tip you off that its not good for your body. Stick with orals or diet plans

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure you have read this before but i noticed that my acne gets bad anytime i eat dairy, too much sweets, or too much nuts,

I AM 100% sure that certain foods trigger my acne so you might want to see if you are allergic to some food.

apotheosis

Banned
Reaction score
Accutane.

Maybe i shouldn't be recommending it yet as im only about half way through my course, but for a few weeks now i've been able to go out at the weekends without feeling so self aware. Its been a god-send. Its not perfect yet, but its good enough for me! I wouldn't complain if this is at good as it gets, but from what i read, im due to further clear.

The only side effect i've had is fairly dry lips. A small price to pay for anyone who understands what its like to suffer from cystic acne. It is really soul destroying. It'll take a while to get my confidence back.

Before that, the only thing that worked on my skin was sunlight...especially in hot countries (im in the UK so we get to enjoy about 9 days per year!
) The person who said 'it just looks clearer because your skin gets darker' is plain wrong! the sun is a natural anti-bacterial and also helps dry up spots as well as other healing properties from the various vitamins it emits.

Certain antibiotics helped me, but they always stop working as your body becomes resiliant to the drug.

Some people have had success with 'the BP' regimen touted over at acne.org. Depends on what kind of acne you have though.

Good luck