Music DJ needs advice on plates at gigs

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so basically im a Dj, I spin records and put big parties together which I have to promote for i.e. invite pretty much everyone I know.

Its pretty much unavoidable that more than one girl will show up that I have slept with or fooled around with.

Now if I had a gf I feel like this would be a non issue because, well I wouldnt be single.

but being single and trying to spin plates...
1. its hard to figure out who you might go home with on a night like this, with more than one of your plates around, either one of your plates or possibly a new girl.
2. its hard to not come off looking like an azzhole to the other girls and maybe break a plate.

even if I only invited one plate, its more that likely the others will be invited by some member of my social cirlce, since I work and promote with a bunch of friends.

maybe a stupid question, just have fun and go with the flo?
but
any thoughts, advice?

Last edited:

Ztr1der

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah im also a Dj not to big though,Your in a tough spot i rate you just try avoid them and choose the one you wanna take home at the end of the night

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being an artist, I understand what it's like to be in your position.

What I usually do is be social and interact with everyone.

Afterall, your job is to GIVE everyone a GOOD NIGHT; not just limit it to those you want to bed.

If you want to spin plates, do it outside your job.

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
If you want to spin plates, do it outside your job.
are you saying I should not try and meet any woman at these events I throw? and or make sure the women I am seeing are not invited?

They are usually around 150-300 20 year olds having fun partying and dacing, word gets around about these parties and I really cant stop anyone in particular from showing up.

of course I will be friendly with everyone there, guess I just cant show any intentions while the other women are around.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PICK ONE.............FOCUS ON HER, BE FRIENDLY TO ALL..........who gives a ratts behind who gets hurt...............I am a MIXSHOW DJ and theres always an ex around, do I worry about what she will think...........NO, I get with someone new.

Its like a box of chocolates...........I already tried that one, let me try someone new.........it aint rocket science.

But I will agree that you really should focus on the entertaining the crowd, tighter beat mixes, etc than which Hoe your going to bang.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be sleazy at your own show, you still want your peeps to show up right?

It depends if you give a damn about building your reputation. I'd say get contact info, be discreet, leave by yourself but arrange to catch up with your fan club at their place, an afterhours restaurant, pick them up at a coffee shop, etc. Yeah you can't bottom feed on random drunk girls who just want to **** the DJ but being classy has its price right?

And I agree this thread would have been more interesting if you wanted advice about dubplates