Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Muscular/Strength Imbalance

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres something that I've always wondered but never managed to find an answer to. What sort of poundages should you be pulling on the big lifts like;

Deads
Squats
Bench
Dips[weighted]
Pull-Ups[weighted]
Cleans
Bent Rows
BB Curls

If anyone knows and can tell me, or just throw me a link to a site that tells ya I'll appreciate it. I cant find this info *anywhere* and it's starting to get on my tits.

*** well, when I say what poundages should you be pulling, I know it's more of a ratio, but I doubt someone's come out with a rough ratio system. Could be wrong tho :D

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont quite understand your question.

Everyone is different, so asking for a a poundage wont help YOU any.

If you are wondering what the average is, I wouldn't know where to start either. Are you scrawny? Kinda built? Chubby?

I started a few lifts with light weight, but let me see if I can remember at what weight I started to actually get a workout at.

All percentages are of your total body weight.
Deads: 70%
Bar Bench:75% (This was from frosh year)
DB Bench:47% (I had no pecs :p)
Dips:100%
Pullups:100%
Cleans:50%
Rows:81%
Db curl (Per arm): 15% (Frosh year)

These were mine, and a few are from way back when before I got some muscle (Some 20 lbs of muscle ago) Others were after I started lifting for a little while.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJB... just touching on your post... i dont really understand what your asking either.. could you please give a little more info.. so i can try and give ya some advice.

did you mean, %s in comparison to your bodyweight, or comparisons between the listed exercises?

Cheers

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And you're not gonna share the answer to this cryptic question with us?

for shame!