Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MTX vs Kicker vs JL

Pick one

• The MTX Thunder 9500

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • JL W7

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Kicker L7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I have two Pioneer 12"s. Basically, I just bought an Infinity amp that give 1300W RMS x1 @ 2ohms. So basically, I need a new set of speakers.

I was thinkin one 15" MTX Thunder9500 (RMS @1000W, peak at 2000W), or maybe two lesser quality 12"s.

Maybe one JL W7 (13.5inch), or a Kicker Solo-baric L7 with the square shape. Give me your ideas. The car is a 1996 Jetta with a really big trunk.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****ing JL of course

Ripass

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got 2 alpine type R's pounding in my truck thats powered by 2 JL audio 500/1 amps. Love it. I want a W7 if i could afford it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
why?
bc ive heard MTX kicker and JL subs.....JL sounded the best. the MTX thunder really hits hard too, but i would go with JL.

satyriasis

Don Juan
Reaction score
JL Audio by far. I have just one 10" W7 w/ the JL 500/1 amp, had it for the last two years and it still bumps to perfection. As you know, JL Audio stuff is expensive, but your most def. getting every penny worth. At the end of the day it all lies within the setup, so get someone who knows what there doing and you'll be bumpin right. Oh yea, within those 2yrs. I got two tickets and four warnings for disturbing the peace, lol. And I don't even think I blast my music that loud.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me rephrase my question. With that particular amplifier, what setup would you recommend??