Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving to my fiance's country after marriage... is it worth it?

groom4you

Banned
Reaction score
After my long search and jumps from one singles tour to another, I finally found my one and only.

Thanks to A Foreign Affair, I was able to find the love of my life, Pui.

We will be getting married this coming March. Yup. Just 2 more months!

I’ve been thinking of moving to Thailand few months after marriage; when I find a job and house for us to stay in.

In the meantime we will be wed here in California and handle the business more before then.

There are many reasons why I want to move and have my family in Thailand.

I want my kids to grow up in an environment where they would learn how to appreciate family,

understand that family is someone you can always come home to.

The kids these days have been growing thinking that once they become independent,

they don’t have to visit their parents anymore. Although, not everyone is like that but a huge portion is.

I just think, the culture and practices observed by the Thai fits much better with what kind

of life I want to have for my future kids.

My only question is… do you guys think it’s worth it?

When I also consider the fact that I have a successful business here and a house where I can start a family in…

I end up feeling that it’s best to stay. What do you guys think?

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are all about the resources...brides doubly so.

Live where you can obtain the most resources for your woman. That gives you the best chance of success for your relationship.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing you can get in thailand you cant get anywhere else. uprooting yourself and making drastic changes for a woman is a recipe for disaster.
Ha ha, just had a Co worker leave to follow a chick 500 miles. When I expressed my surprise that he would uproot everything he knew for a female, my female Co workers looked at me like I was a villain.
Lol

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Stay in a suburban setting, small communities works best to bring up young families.

Expose your future kids to church or similar activities - setting their morality on what's right/wrong.

Make quarterly trips to Thailand per year so that your children get to know their relatives over there and it keeps the wife emotionally happy.

Going over to Thailand will only serve to expose yourself and it's risky. If you miss the American way of life it will be hard to return back as your wife has rooted down.

Good luck.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a mate who has a Thai wife he's been through all this. They will always try and push you back to Thailand. Tell her there's two trips to Thailand a year for the whole family. But you need to tell her to things that English will always be the language of the relationship and that your family life together is over here.

Make Damn Sure you get a tight prenup and your business is held through an LLC. If she thinks that she can get money from you and then disappear back to Thailand anytime the going gets tough that's a recipe for temptation in any woman's mind no matter how good

I it's hard enough to keep frame in a marriage. If you move to Thailand you've tilted the balance of power massively in her favour and you'll be back here within a couple of years crying. You're a businessman be smart

When a kid comes along make sure you apply for the kids passport and keep physical control of it. And register the kids passport with immigration to flag it if somebody tries to travel without you. You don't want it to disappear back to Thailand and use the kid as leverage to try and extract cash from you.

She may be a genuinely good woman and none of this may never happen. Think of it as insurance. You don't expect your house to burn down but you have insurance in case it does.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
@ubercat posted something very valid.

OP, I would seriously consider his advice if I were you.

It's just an insurance policy...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha, just had a Co worker leave to follow a chick 500 miles. When I expressed my surprise that he would uproot everything he knew for a female, my female Co workers looked at me like I was a villain.
Lol
that is because you used your brain, you know its a folly thing to move far for only one person with you hardly know, meeting and talking once a month or even less with a lot of msg hardly make you really know the person, plus the bigger chance for cheating.
agaisnt the feeling of romanticism of a guys droping everything for her <3, then later people complaing when I say only men are romantic, female only receive it

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you never, ever, go TO a woman
on the rare occasion I have gone TO a woman's house/country first, you loose your power as a man that LEADS
I do OLD (mostly Russian/Ukraine), and reject any woman who insists on going TO her.

...you are only waiting for her goahead/approval to (food,sex,culture,work,fun) emasculate you IMHO if you go TO her.

Have you not read this forum? Men LEAD and women FOLLOW
Now, i did move to another country, TO a woman, but not FOR a woman, we married mostly for my "green card", I moved out after 1.5y, divorced after 4y (so I could stay lol)
Luckily I have benefited greatly in my life and career, but I moved UP from America to Scandinavia

Prime_Beef

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not so fast...
Make sure your assets are in the appropriate trust, including any llc. If you move there and things go south, they will not be able to grab your money.

Knowing Asians better than most, I will tell you what you think of family values is light filtered thru smoke stained lenses. Things are not better, just "different." Thailand can be a dangerous place. A place where it's expected to take advantage of foreigners, and to leave and take care of foreigners. Personally don't know what kind of woman you believe you are marrying. Sounds like she has a fiancée visa for here?

Damn straight get your paperwork in order first. Asset protection, prenup. Might not be what u think it is.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bierte is that you?? I'mmsss coming for da LUVVVVV!!11

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well hopefully any would be suckers who read our advice wouldn't be trying this dodgy fake dating site anyway.