Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving to another state-starting over

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm, 27 yrs old right now and I've been living in bum**** Virginia my whole life. I'm so sick of it.

I've decided to sell my house and buy another place in West Palm Beach, Fl. My sister is a real estate broker so she can help me do this. My only porblem is moving all the big stuff but I'll get a moving company. Luckily 2 years ago I bought a townhouse here in bum**** VA and now the price had doubled so when I sell it I will make over 150,000 grand! I don't mean to brag.. but this will allow me to buy another place and start over.

I won't know anybody at all but I need a change in my life. West Palm Beach.. what better place to be?

Anybody gone through this before?

Pilot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it several times now, but that's just the way it is in the military. Try and meet new friends (male) as soon as possible through your hobbies. Keep busy, and just start dating around. If you don't have a date planned every weekend theres something wrong, cause your going to be bored out of your mind if you don't. Have the chicks show you the cool places in town. It sucks initially (leaving friends) but after awhile it gets better. Good luck to ya.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
150K is not a lot for WPB, plus there are more hurricanes these days- if I were you, I'd probably rent. There is no high ground, so a second-story apt would be the least flood-prone. Plus, you can move if you don't like your neighbors. South FL is very nice in some places and very not nice in others.

Things to learn:
Spanish
Salsa Dancing
How to not get mugged/carjacked
Hurricane preparedness

chili kat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure your sister knows the ins and outs of buying in Florida, but having recent construction experience down there myself I'll say you should definately consider the material the house was built with.

Real estate down there is hot right now, there is a large preference for quantity over quality in new construction and selling prices haven't been reflecting that. Anything built with particle board vs. real plywood has more than likely been slapped together ASAP to turn a profit.

A lot of people are flipping houses down there right now and 150K is a good chunk to start with in a lot of areas.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
what are you running away from immaculate?

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
LOL......thanks for doing the work for me wyldfire :crackup:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have moved into another state and started over again and it worked out great for me.
other people i know have tried it and they end up coming home because they either missed it or got tired of not knowing the area or not making enough friends or just plain old not making enough cash to support themselves in the new area.

west palm is expensive to live in compared to alot of places. look things up online and see that you can afford them.

issues you run away from, will never stray too far behind.(they will follow you) they have to get resolved no matter where you go.

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I take Farragut North home from work, I walk by Planned Parenthood every day...

A 150k net isn't that great in 2 year in NOVA, but not too bad either. You prolly made 100k in the past year alone right?

Sounds like you already know better than to rent, but as nice as it is down there, Hurricanes are a common occurance. From what I've heard though, FL is where its at! My friends ex has been beggin me to come visit her down there :rolleyes: I would but I can't afford that luxury, lol...

As far as moving, I hope its not because of the abortion, but I can relate to wanting a change of scenery, as much as I love DC, I'd like to see some other places as well, and later on down the road I will.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck...

Mr. Mystery