Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moving to a new city

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the experience of just packing up your sh*t and starting your life fresh in a new city? I live in New Jersey right now and am going to be moving to the Bay Area, SF. I haven't found a job out there, but I am not having the easiest time finding a job out here either. What was it like?

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it. I got a job in San Diego and moved away from Phx after 15 years of living there. The main reason I left is because of the job, another reason is that I felt that my life was in a rut and shyt kept piling on me. So I left my family and friends behind and moved to a place where I didn’t know anyone. The experience has been good and I definitely feel that I have more confidence in myself and I am out of the rut that my life was stuck in. I feel that even if I was to go back to AZ that my life would not be the same as it was before and that is a good thing. I still go back to AZ every 2 months or so and visit friends and I am actually buying a house in AZ since it is so expensive in CA to do so. At this point the house is just an investment, but someday I could go back. You never know.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd recommend finding a job first before moving. Do you really want to be stranded?

This is something I'd like to do too (though in my case it'd be either Indiana or Kentucky, not California). As much as I really want to move, I'm not going to do anything potentially stupid.

Are you so sure that you can find a job within one month?

Ben

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
I'd recommend finding a job first before moving. Do you really want to be stranded?

This is something I'd like to do too (though in my case it'd be either Indiana or Kentucky, not California). As much as I really want to move, I'm not going to do anything potentially stupid.

Are you so sure that you can find a job within one month?

Ben
I agree, have a job or know that you can for sure get a job. I moved without a job and had to come back.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that it's obviously better to have a job then move out, but it's pretty tough to have a job lined up there without living there. I have to get an interview there or what not first. I was thinking of moving out there and finding a job I know I could easily get (waiter, or any other odd job) and look for something in my field while I was out there. Just feel like I'll be waiting a long time if I try to do everything from here, but I'll stick it out...

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in the bay area, and I can personally tell you that this place is really economically tough. The housing prices in SF are morbidly high, so don't even think of trying to move here without a stable job first. You'd just be screwing yourself up without a stable source of income.

-Damian

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CGE333
I did it. I got a job in San Diego and moved away from Phx after 15 years of living there. The main reason I left is because of the job, another reason is that I felt that my life was in a rut and shyt kept piling on me. So I left my family and friends behind and moved to a place where I didn’t know anyone. The experience has been good and I definitely feel that I have more confidence in myself and I am out of the rut that my life was stuck in. I feel that even if I was to go back to AZ that my life would not be the same as it was before and that is a good thing. I still go back to AZ every 2 months or so and visit friends and I am actually buying a house in AZ since it is so expensive in CA to do so. At this point the house is just an investment, but someday I could go back. You never know.
I am just the opposite. I had too much shyt pulling me down in California, family, friends, bad memories, I just had to leave in order to set my life straight. I am now in PHX and love it!!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the Bay!

Really, hook up with me, I know all the spots. I can hook you up with a good doctor, dentist, eye doctor, personal banker, even where to get car stereos done. I know all the spots in the East Bay (Oakland, Hayward, Union City, Fremont) for anything you need. Tires for your car? Beat and radio for your car? Need good clothes cheap? I know the spots homie; I can get you a job real quick too.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're going to have a tough time affording rent with just a server job - even with a roommate.

But good luck and welcome to Cali :D