"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Moving out of ex's house tomorrow, need some advice.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Oh, man. All my stuff is pretty much in boxes and I'm moving from my ex's house into my own tomorrow. I don't know why, but the whole thing feels weird to me. You get so used to one way of doing things....

Today I realized I'm 26 years old and I've never really lived on my own before. I've had my own apartments/houses/etc since I was 17, but I've always shared them with a girlfriend. Truth be told, I've never really been NOT in a relationship since I was 13. I've had a few months off in between, but it always seems like I end up with another girl soon after.

A relationship should enhance your life, not define it. Hard lesson for me, evidently.

Anyhow, let me cut to the chase; I'm not going to be at ease with this situation unless I say my final peace to her. I don't really want to walk out the door telling her to f*ck off....those of you who have been in a similar situation, what did you say/do as a 'last goodbye' if you will?

I don't want to turn this into a dramatic event, but I do think something should be said.

I'm rambling, and not in a very good place mentally right now. Honestly, I try to take it like a man, but inside, it does hurt to leave. I hope this makes sense to somebody. Feel free to post any ideas or advice.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Roseville, MN
LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS!!!
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
You're going to feel like maybe you're making a mistake and start thinking about what-ifs. But, if you know you can do better and that you deserve it, this period of regret will be brief.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Say nothing!!!!! Men don't think about goodbyes - women do!!!! Youi'lll look like a chump if you try to say something!! You are leaving for a reason - leave it at that!!!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Originally posted by Buck Naked
LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS!!!

Lmao. Thanks for the reminder, bro.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by KiInCollege
You're going to feel like maybe you're making a mistake and start thinking about what-ifs. But, if you know you can do better and that you deserve it, this period of regret will be brief.
I agree. I would also say, find someone to rent a room in your apartment. Or to move in with some other people. I have always found it sucks to live by yourself, just makes u lonely and sad. I always like life around me, even if I am not socialling with them. Especially at a time like this u need people around, hopefully u have good friends to support u! Breaking up from a LTR is serious business (oh and once again I am talking about a REAL LTR, someone who u have spent a long time with, not these 2 month LTR u see on this board)! Hurts bad for a while, but in the end u are better and feel stronger for it. Plus its always good to get out amongst the game again!!

Have fun, and take the new ladies easy!

From what I remember of your girl, she wouldnt commit? Man, u r better off without her, dont u wonder sometimes why u even put yourself through all the pain with her? Us humans are real wierd beings!
 

Supaman

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Been there

I've been in the same situation, but what I did.....was I sat down in my new place by myself and just kind of enjoyed the silence and being alone and then made a list of everything I would no longer accept in my life....from girls and everything else and decided at that moment......that I didn't need a girl for now....that I need to build msyelf into the best "man" I could be. I refined my gym workouts, worked overtime as much as possible, started 2 businesses, and anytime I felt even the list been lonely, I would turn on classical music and ask myself how I would act if I was making more than 100k/year. If everything keeps going as planned I will be making over 100k next year and then I will concentrate on girls. I just check back here every now and then b/c I think about the girl that brought me here when I'm not making money or in the gym. But my attitude has completely changed. Just wanted to let you know what worked for me.
 

Kidquick

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
3
Age
49
I wouldn't turn the goodbye into anything dramatic - just play it like the smooth motherfvcka you know you are: Look her in the eye, shake her hand, tell her you wish her luck in her future endeavors, and hightail it outta there and not look back. :cool:
 
Top