Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MOVING ON: Wed your PASSION; Give Birth to your TRADE

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Again, Sosuave Members, and Invisible Loiterers,

Beware of dissipating your powers [Passion]; strive constantly to concentrate them [it]. Genius thinks it can do whatever it sees others doing, but it is sure to repent of every ill-judged outlay. –Johann von Goethe;

Is it not better to be a master at one thing, than to be a novice at everything?

You are not God. Be honest with yourself. You do not know everything. I would suggest, and you might agree, that you cannot even know everything about one thing. Admit this to yourself. Publicize it every chance you get. I know nothing. Open yourself.

In the name of what you want, crucify your pride man! Let your ego, like blood, spew from the veins. For if pride is confidence’s grim-reaper: Admit, when naïve. Admit, when stupid. Release. Let go!

Why?

To prepare yourself for the journey, to receive the cup. Edification. Why not devote your entire life to discovering and deciphering that ONE thing that moves you? Take the never-ending crusade. Perhaps, sometimes you feel like you’re an incredibly intelligent human being, and, you know what, you probably are. You can do, and excel at many things. But WILL you? Will YOU actually walk away from the printed word, the knowledge, the intent, and indulge in the work, the struggles. The failures. Establish the connection, create the interpretation; not know, but understand. Flow. Surpass the conscious endeavors and break through to second nature. Become skilled!

When your curiosity and zeal to learn outweigh that of your pride and its ego, you are ready to embrace your Passion. Hug humility.

There is nothing new in this world, only personal discoveries (of attitude and attention) in your own world. A perspective, or manner. A way. A path. Discover and develop. Your calling. Listen.

So find your Passion. Become addicted to it; become horny for it. Lust after it with your tongue hanging out, drooling. Think of it, always. Supplicate to it; go out of your way to be with it. Bring it flowers and chocolate if need be. Just don’t ignore it! Unlike women, it will not avoid you. It cannot be suffocated. You don’t have to be a challenge because that’s its role, to challenge you! Make love.

Treat your Passion like the AFC treats THE ONE. Be relentless with your attention!

How?

Be reborn through it. Let it mold you into the man it wants to make you. Live for it. You were an AFC once—maybe even religious; this is self-explanatory. Put your Passion on a pedestal. Die for it. Be its martyr. Burnt flesh, broken bones, hanging carcasses, smeared blood. All men die, not every man truly lives (William Wallace, Braveheart).

Write ‘love letters’ to your Passion; reminding you what you’ve learnt, where you are now and what you need to do, where you need to go—life is too important to forget. You are valuable. Live up to your own reputation and expectations. Make records.

Learning by example, by modeling—by doing, mimicking and adapting until you develop your own unique style—is the route to true craftsmanship.

Your Passion’s contribution, to you, is your Craft; to others, it is your Trade.

Find a mentor, a master. Begin an apprenticeship. Even if you haven’t actually met him: he could be an author, a public figure, an athlete, a musician or an actor. Observe his habits, his manner. Don’t think—watch in awe, with curiosity, like a child looking up at the sky, mouth wide open, as the rain falls on his face for the very first time. Absorb. Allow yourself to become fascinated by how he seems to, so miraculously, accomplish, with finesse and power, what he wants.

When confused, and when possible, ask questions, or search for the answer yourself. Teach yourself. Most times, you know yourself better than anyone else. You can find the answer in your own way.

And again:

Procrastination is masculinity’s sin; Action is virile.

Remember: The longer you hesitate, the more difficult it becomes to act.

Undertake a pilgrimage. Travel over rough and mighty terrain, or swim through shark infested seas, or fly through the storms of pregnant clouds, or tunnel under tall castle walls to expand your understanding of your Craft. Passion! Never stop—you’re an EXPLORER. See, hear, feel. Smell and taste. Experience.

Shut-up. Think not. DO!

Thinking is for evaluation when you’ve already DONE something. It’s a reflex of action—not a prerequisite. Making adjustments, reflecting, revising. Let’s keep its reservations for a private table for two:

Relate to yourself; find commonality through your Craft.

Be your own director, and be your own actor. Both work together to achieve the same end, working at your Craft; making that film. Treat yourself like a person. Interact at an intimate level. You’re in the same profession.

In depth, ask yourself all the important questions. It’s an audition. Step outside yourself as the director and look at yourself as the actor. Act. Observe yourself, be aware. Get to know yourself; your strengths and weaknesses, and you will discover true confidence. Do a screen test. Stop defending and excusing yourself. Accept what is! When you get the part, developing your Craft will demonstrate to you how this is done.

Negotiate all the details. In ink, get some signatures on paper. Commit yourself to uphold all the accords in the contract!

Direct; and Act: Know where you are now, where you want to be, and how much time you need; Bridge that gap—sometimes the means must be learnt along the way.

!GEORGE GORDON!
================
I’ll always be here for me. –George Gordon
I came looking for love, but discovered life. –Pook

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely beautyfull !

I think you've found nature's real reasons for turning males to AFC's. As a teenage, we discover our sexuallity. We see a woman who seem to love life, and is astonishing beautyfull. We projected our soal into this very woman, or more accurate, our vision or fantasy of her. We think we have found the very reason for being. But we were all being deceived. She was at best, only number two. We thought she was number one, because we never knew about her superior challenger.

... Our true love was always meant for our passion for life!

Futurologist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by George Gordon
Is it not better to be a master at one thing, than to be a novice at everything?
You've got some good stuff here, Gordon. I must take exception to this one particular bit of advice, though.

I'm still too young to be an expert in any discipline, but I've observed that the wisest people I know are those that have rised to the top of one field and used their understanding of the fundamentals to understand the similaries to the underlying theory of other fields, as well as understanding the connection between the different fields. Master mathematics, and begin to understand philosophy. Become an expert in computing, and begin to understand the nature of linguistics and psychology (this is easier in AI research, I'll admit).

I understand where you're coming from. It's definitely a great idea to be able to have some form of educated opinion about everything. The thing is, no one discipline exists in a vaccum, so learning a lot about one can give you a great head start in others.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post, but...sorry, I couldn't resist: :p

You gotta harness in the good energy, block out the bad.

Harness energy, block bad.

Feel the flow. Feel it.

It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse. It goes up and down and around.

Circular.

Circle.

With the music.

The flow...all good things.

Doin' the bull dance, feelin' the flow. Workin' it, workin' it.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
AYe yo Icepick! You cosmic fruitcake!

WTF are you smoking today?

got any left?

:)

nice post BTW

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: MOVING ON: Wed your PASSION; Give Birth to your TRADE

Originally posted by Futurologist
I've observed that the wisest people I know are those that have rised to the top of one field and used their understanding of the fundamentals to understand the similaries to the underlying theory of other fields, as well as understanding the connection between the different fields. Master mathematics, and begin to understand philosophy. Become an expert in computing, and begin to understand the nature of linguistics and psychology.
Touche. I'm not the smartest guy, but I've discovered that as far as my passion is concerned, I give to it and it gives to me. It's like ping-pong; comprehension's the little white ball, bouncing between me and the world. The table's my passion. Thus you understand the world in terms of your trade. Is that what you meant?

!GG!

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are probably one of the few people here that has actually read Don Juan.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Read Don Juan!? I'm Lord Byron. I wrote it! I may be a gimp, but I sure as hell ain't limp.

!GG!