"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Movies

Lordlaxative

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Austin, Texas
A while back I read about a good portrayal of Don Juan attitude in the DJ newsletter. It was about a scene in Office Space, and when I went and watched it I totally agree. What are some other movies that have an ideal Don Juan model or action?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Before Sunrise was a good movie I saw recently. Its been on Showtime for a couple weeks. basically the whole show is an instadate with two an American and a Parisian chick. It is FULL of routines and good conversational topics, and if you are interested in SS, you'll see tons of EV, NLP, and time distortion which flow seamlessly.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Are you looking for movies with examples of "Don Juan ideas and techniques" used to seduce women within the movie?

Or are you looking for movies that just show the attitude?
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
I always thought that "In the Line of Fire" with Clint Eastwood in it was pretty good, when he was being his typical macho self and chatting up Rene Russo's character. The movie is obviously not about him trying to pick her up, but there are some good parts in there where he just knows what she is going to do.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Originally posted by ToP DoN
watch wwe...theres great don juan techniques in there
U do know its all scripted right? Everyone is just acting, including the girls.
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Are you talking about wrestling?

Jesus Christ....

:rolleyes:
 

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
You want a good model for a DJ. Swan, the Warchief in The Warriors. That girl Mercy was all over him, but he didn't act like he needed her. And she didn't. Thing was, he and his gang technically ran away from that gang, the Orphans. But they did it with style. She ditched the Orphans and caught up with Swan and his gang. Now that's DJ.

edit:Yeah, I know that Michael Beck, the guy who played Swan, got into a wee bit a trouble over stalking Olivia Newton John after Xanadu, or whatever the story is. But that's neither here nor there.
 
Top