Movies that might help

Carlito_Brigante

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK i need everybody's help on this post.

Here are a list of movies that i think are beneficial to helping all get a sense of the Don Juan mentality.

Now the following movies i've picked for a reason. One of the biggest problems for me transitioning into a DJ was confidence. Can i get an Amen? The following movies have characters that are oozing with confidence. Some of them might have too much confidence (aka ****iness) that lead to their downfall... well its better to learn from other people's mistakes right? HEHE.

Now before you read on, remember these movies are for reference and by no means you should copy the main characters (or perhaps the indicated).

You ARE Don Juan and no way is a Don a set of lines, moves and techniques, but the Embodiment of every woman's desire in a man.

OK here we go:

- Don Juan de Marco (of course... starring Johnny Depp and Marlon Brando) directed by Jeremy Leven

- any James Bond movie (check out at least one of Sean Connery's, Roger Moore's, and Pierce Brosnan's James Bond flicks)

- The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) directed by John McTiernan (Check out the older version with Steve McQueen. FYI - Pierce Brosnan looks up to Steve McQueen)

- The Tailor of Panama directed by John Boorman

- Scarface directed by Brian de Palma

- Carlito's Way (also directed by Brian de Palma)

[note: Careful on the above two by Briand de Palma- too much confidence, aka ****iness, is a double edged sword]

- Fight Club directed by David Fincher (Brad Pitt's character)

- Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl - directed by Gore Verbinski [Watch Johnny Depp's Character closely]

- Desperado or Once Upon a Time in Mexico - Directed by Robert Rodriguez

- The Godfather 2 - Directed by Francis Ford Coppola

- Dirty Dancing (Havanna Nights) - Directed by Guy Ferland (Watch "Javier" - Diego Luna's character - confidence in a dance is very masculine).... and check out the original Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze.. its an old school prequel but worth a look.... especially if u don't know how to dance.

- Autumn in New York - by Joan Chen (for the older and more romantic DJ's)

- Triple X and...
- The Fast and the Furious - Directed by Rob Cohen. The reason i put these two together because Vin Diesel's characters are very very similar.

- Swingers - directed by Doug Liman. (Watch both Characters - I'm sure you'll learn alot in this movie. What to do and what not to do)

- Gone with the Wind - Directed by Victor Fleming. OK i know alot of you can't stand old-school movies, but you'll be glad you watched this one after watching Clarke Gable's character and...

- Casablanca - Directed by Michael Curtiz.

and finally...

- Top Gun - (yes with Tom Cruise) - directed by Tony Scott.

Now fill up the rest of the blank spots my fellow DJ's. Try not to overlap movies.

Last edited:

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Discussion, but don't expect it to stay unlocked for much longer: this has been done to death.

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a movie, but a short story. "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber", by Ernest Hemingway.

Carlito_Brigante

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Neuen
Discussion, but don't expect it to stay unlocked for much longer: this has been done to death.
Done to death? Well then my apologies to those who might find this repetitive. I'm somewhat new to the forum and haven't checked out much of the earlier posts regarding movies of reference.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most movies suck

These are only characters with a script and for some reason I am always too aware that in reality Peirce Brosnan is a lameass nancy boy.

BUT, in keeping with the theme of the thread I do like real life characters from Band of Brothers. They were from 101st Airborne, Easy Company. Its a fantastic series because it shows how tese poor bastads sufferred for many. Good thing is you get to see them as old men, first person.

Anyway, Major Winters and Captain Spears are friggin legends in their own life time. The actors were coached by the very people themselves and the people who knew them, so its not jsut a characterture.

Take a look and see how these two men carried themselves. Winters was a natural leader and an ice man, Spears was an alpha dog by birth probably.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every 18 yr old should watch American beauty, purely so you don't get to forty before you realise you are a chump.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"the importance of being earnest"

funny flick.

observe the two main characters

inculcate the good, ignore the bad in the men, but its funny to see how they react to situations. you see them in AFC mode and suave mode in the show. a mixture.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpine

Agree with you 100% about American beauty, but do you think it will have any effect on 90% of men who are doomed to be chumps anyway?

Wish I had seen it at 18!

Dietzcoi

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Taste of Others

kinda french movie. Studies very well the characters of 2 complete AFCs, one recovering, and a DJ/Jerk interacting with a complicated lady, a girl friend, a terrible wife and a barfly and vice verse. The DJ/Jerk is not quite a Jerk, but a DJ is a bit more positive, IMO.

No super-alpha-leader-character and not sooo funny (it's rated comedy) if that's what you're looking for.

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow

illrhymespit

Reaction score
Groundhog's Day.......the movie with Bill Murray a while back.

Notice how all the females start getting attracted to him once he gets his life together.

Kibblez'n'Bitz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know the subject is on movies, but this I felt this was a good example..

Miami Vice >> Sonny Crockett.. He keeps the ladies guessin' and the thugs a runnin'! :cool:

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pierce brosnan? vin diesel?.....ew, i'm not gonna sit through that acting massacre to learn how to dj

i like movies that inspire or make me laugh to help with djing, i'd go with fear and loathing in las vegas (johnny at his best)
Passion of the christ gave me so much push at the gym when i saw that, i remember squatting 6 plates on each side thinking about jesus's arm being pulled to fit the cross, the passion baby.....i'm gonna shutup cus now i'm just babbling about movies i like