Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Move Out Now!!

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
For all of the my fellow DJ's who are 25+ and still live at home, move out as soon as you can.

Hopefully, I will be out by January.

Although I have free food, laundry and rent, nothing is better than your own freedom.

Living at home 25+ takes away your manhood and your confidence. I do not feel like a MAN at 27..but a god damned BOY!!....still being told what to do, yelled at for menial things and having to tell the parents where and when you are going somewhere.

I don't even have the desire to pursue chicks at this point, because my confidence is shot!!

Once you move out of the house, you will feel more like a MAN and the confidence will soar.

MOVE OUT NOW...unless that is your parents are hippies and let you do whatever the hell you want.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
finally mahon, you're moving out. it's about time. what you say is true, it does wonders for your self-confidence. how are you going to afford it though, have you secured a bellihop job where you are moving?

Cleatus VanDamme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it yesterday.

Move the #*$&@ out: Sage advice! Sounds like you are learning that lesson the hard way, lol.

That rule goes for chycks, too. I will not date someone living at home with their parents. When I was 32, I went out with a girl who was 28 and living at home. When I had to go pick her up for the date, I had to stand there and make retarded small talk with her dad. Then when the girl and I were getting into my car, her dad calls out to her "Have a good time, pumpkin!"
As Player_Supreme would say, "AWWW, HELL NAW!"

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
27 and still living at home? No comment...

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Hey mahon, has this been a money issue?

I live on the east coast too and was shocked by this guy I recently met who's from texas. Out here $800/month buys you like a one bedroom bad neighborhood appartment, he said that in Texas you'd live in a gated community for that much.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unbridled_1
finally mahon, you're moving out. it's about time. what you say is true, it does wonders for your self-confidence. how are you going to afford it though, have you secured a bellihop job where you are moving?

I have about $5,000 saved. The plan is to go to grad school part time and then work full-time. I should still be able to get by, even if I am only making $18,000 a year at my job.

Shortimer:

Yes Jersey is ridiculously is expensive, as is most of the East Coast (Boston area, and Washington D.C area as well)

That is true though, a one bedroom for $600 or less in Jersey......better be packing some heat.

mysterymanelp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes having your own place makes a big difference in the way you think and act. I totally changed when I finally got my place i stop being the mommas boy.

I pay 568 for my apartment utilities paid, free basic cable, gated community. I dont know how you guys in the east coast can pay so much and still party.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by mahon83050
That is true though, a one bedroom for $600 or less in Jersey......better be packing some heat.
Yeah no ****... you'll either get robbed, broken into, or have your car stolen. Sometimes I have people from other parts of the country not believe me when I tell them this. I guess prices are a lot better in some places.

Originally posted by mysterymanelp
I pay 568 for my apartment utilities paid, free basic cable, gated community. I dont know how you guys in the east coast can pay so much and still party.
Maybe it's time to move to wherever you are 'cuz $500 rent = dump. Let me hit you with some more $$$ craziness. My grandmother recently sold her house, she lives in Baltimore City near Canton. Her house is a row home that is almost 100 years old. This is a row home mind you: it sold for $195,000.

My parents have owned their current house for the last 15 years. It's on a half acre, three bedrooms and two and half baths; back in the day they paid $150K for it. In the community where they live homes that are of similar size and land acres have been going for around $300k.

It gets better: here in Maryland you'll lose at least 1/3 of your paycheck to taxes. Welcome to a state run by Democrats. (I'm not trying to start a political debate here. It's a well known fact that the Democratic Party has been the majority in the legislature for a very long time. We usually have a Democrat as governor too, Ehrlich is an exception.)

What makes you think we can pay that kind of rent and still party?
:D ;)

Doro Ajani

Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050,

Don't know where you're at. I'm in New York City, and due to a variety of factors, people are having a rough time maintaining their own apartments in the face of crushing student loans and credit card debt, along with jobs that have a pitiful payscale.

As a result, I know a number of women between the ages of 22 to 30 who are living with their parents. Most of them forced to move back home after getting out of school. Some of these women have children, many are single, and racking up additional student loan debt while looking to pursue graduate degrees. other contending with juggling two low paying jobs.

For you to be able to have your own place in spite of this will definitely make you stand out.

By all means, good luck with securing your own space, because it's so much easier to run game when you have control over your enviornment.

Doro Ajani

Doro Ajani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, there's a difference between someone who moved out, and was forced by financial hardship to move back in.....and someone who's NEVER MOVED OUT.

Doro Ajani

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to gloat, here in the bible belt where no one wants to live, a 3 bedroom 2-bath 2-car garage house w/basement and five acres of land rents for $600/mo. My dad has an old 1 bedroom trailer that he rents out for $150/month.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AIYO!

Look. Find a roommate. Some guy who is quiet or something.

Even if you move out into a slum spot. JUST KEEP THE PLACE CLEAN. If you need pest control Boric Acid will do the trick.

Fellas, here me, once you move out of your peeps crib..they might help you out. It's cheaper than carrying you.

Plus, women RESPECT a Man who is out here trying. Just make sure your place is tight. Damn, F'N around with you guys I need to go home and do laundry my self. Sheesh.

Just do it. You can get some bean bags if you don't have a couch. :woo: Trust me, they're pretty fun to romp around with a philly on. :D

Just do it.

I've been living on my own since 26 or 27. It was HARD. In 2k1 I lost my gig and I was temping. But my parents really saw how hard I was trying to make it work. They gave a damn and assisted when my back was to the wall. But I am a better Man for it today. I guess that's why I don't deal with women who have no direction.

Just do it. I can give you tipes on how to save money here and there in crucial area.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the situation. 25 is a good age to make that leap. If you don't have the income you're only making the move out only to comeback home... So if you're working at the video store or temping with no insurance, it's not a good idea.

Inc. ©

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just moved out and I think its great being on my own. I'd rather not have to live with random people I don't know, but roommates do make it affordable. In six months, I might be able to get my own place.

hartwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
here in atlanta 2 bedroom gated community costs me 670 a month in a nice surburban area. clubs and bars are hopping everywhere so are single moms and golddiggers and bbw's. Oh well i guess you can't have everything.:(