Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Motivation/Giving The Mind Directions

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody ever wonder why they can't get motivated to do things? I used to be like that. Always putting things off and even going out of my way to avoid things.

I'm much better at getting motivated to do things now and getting better all the time. Its mainly because of a change in mindset to how I used to think. So I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. I believe in the law of attraction but you don't have to even believe in that to understand this. :up:

It's a simple process but takes mental effort. Yes thats right mental. As we all know, before you do anything physically you need to want to do it e.g if you were hungry you would make something to eat or go out and get some food. It's no big deal because you know you'll feel better after you've eating so it will be worth the effort. Anorexic people feel worse because they have trained their minds to convince themselves that they are better off not eating.

You can force yourself to do things but it's usually a struggle and you might win a few battles but usually end up losing the war. So you need to want to do things and motivate yourself to succeed.

Here's what to do:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly you should have already identified the area where you want to improve. If it's approaching, putting on muscle, losing weight etc you should be clear what you want to do. If you have not done this already, think about it and do it.

Secondly, the real key to motivation is to visualise yourself being the person you want to become. You want to change your habits and give your mind new directions to take. Make it your goal. Write it down and think about it a few times a day. Feel good about it and imagine how things 'are' as you are the person you want to be. This is the mental effort to get the image of your best self firmly into your mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

This won't happen overnight as we all know. It's taking baby steps. You won't see results for a while and might still feel unmotivated after many weeks. It's like looking at a building from far away. You can stare at it for many hours or days and can't see anything happening but only after a period of time do you realise it has gotten bigger then when you first looked. There is then a real sense of satisfaction.

It's like learning a new habit. This is a good habit. You'll start doing things automatically that lead you to the person you have visualised. Your mind now has a map of what direction to go.

An example again would be obese people. Obese people want to lose weight but they "can't". They see themselves as being fat. In their minds they are fat. "I'm a fat slob". The people who lose weight forever are the people who visualise what it would be like to be thin and healthy firstly. This gives them motivation and directs their minds and new habits are formed. Best of all for them, it's not a struggle. It all begins in the mind.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me thinks somebody has been reading 'The Secret' again

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Night Owl said:
Me thinks somebody has been reading 'The Secret' again
If you go back and re read it I said I believe in the law of attraction but it doesn't matter if you don't. Anybody with common sense can see the logic of what I wrote ;)

PS Micheal Losiers LOA book is my fav LOA book. ;)

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with The Secret - great book/film - the Dummies guide to the Law of Attraction - I use it all the time in all areas of my life with results that would blow your socks right off into the middle of next week.

For example as you mentioned: I now know that food doesn't make you fat - fat thoughts make you a slob - think thin thoughts. I have reduced my weight down it ideal size by doing just that. My near 36" waist is back down to a trim 32" and my overall size has reduced from a large to a medium. Do I go to a gym, exercise, jog or go on a diet - nope, just eat what I wanted and thought myself thin. Reduced all the wrinkles around my eyes the same way too without all that expensive creams - just ask for less wrinkles and thought of myself with less wrinkles. Try it, and see....

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Night Owl said:
Nothing wrong with The Secret - great book/film - the Dummies guide to the Law of Attraction - I use it all the time in all areas of my life with results that would blow your socks right off into the middle of next week.

For example as you mentioned: I now know that food doesn't make you fat - fat thoughts make you a slob - think thin thoughts. I have reduced my weight down it ideal size by doing just that. My near 36" waist is back down to a trim 32" and my overall size has reduced from a large to a medium. Do I go to a gym, exercise, jog or go on a diet - nope, just eat what I wanted and thought myself thin. Reduced all the wrinkles around my eyes the same way too without all that expensive creams - just ask for less wrinkles and thought of myself with less wrinkles. Try it, and see....

Well thats good. You're proof at what you can do by changing your thoughts about yourself. :up: I've great proof of the LOA working too and I'm using it for new goals etc.

The secret was a good introduction or the dummies guide as you call it.