Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MOST USEFUL university classes

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For someone who doesn't want to toil under the supervision of a boss the rest of his life, what sorts of classes would you reccomend in terms of getting ahead financially through understanding investments and such?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Macro and micro economics. Accounting, finances, statistics.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
For someone who doesn't want to toil under the supervision of a boss the rest of his life, what sorts of classes would you reccomend in terms of getting ahead financially through understanding investments and such?
Eager as you are, unfortunately there is no such class.
The only available class are seminars which usually cost a hefty bunch.

What kind of investing are you going into? Stocks? Gold? Bonds? Real estate? Business opportunities?

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Macro and micro economics. Accounting, finances, statistics.
While knowing these are nice, knowing these don't put you ahead of the game. I wish that was true.

Many times you talk to a bank manager or the manager's assistant and you wonder, they're college graduates with bachelors and masters in accounting/finance/economics, how come they're not where they want to be?

Unless they like working, the subject taught aren't tailored toward investing in say, real estate or business. Take accounting for example, account payable. Basically it means your debt or your liability. What you owe.

In it, in business, your debt is what keeps your cashflow negative, you would want to pay this off.

For example, for account payable in business usage, when you borrow a loan for say $500,000 for products, this would cause you to have negative cashflow if you can't sell.
If say you can't sell, you not only go into liquidation, bankruptcy, you still owe that amount not including interest, etcetc.

In real estate, your debt is what keeps you alive, positive, you would not want to pay this off.

Example for account payable in real estate investing, the more you borrow, the more you are leveraged. The more you leverage, the more you earn. Easier said than done but that's how it is. Your loan would be your account payable, you would not want to pay it off too fast for one of many many reasons, example, tax. You pay it off, no tax gain.

You would not want to pay this off.

Yet in both you still owe people money. One you do want to pay off, one you do not, both takes different strategy that'll determine how fast you earn your money and how much.

They teach you what account payable is, but they don't teach you how to use it.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine majors in finance (thank god I didn't!). He says that they teach you all the technical stuff (ie. how to buy/sell shares, the history of the stockmarket, etc). But they don't teach you any real investment strategies, since its not considered "academic".

RepphIz

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
A friend of mine majors in finance (thank god I didn't!). He says that they teach you all the technical stuff (ie. how to buy/sell shares, the history of the stockmarket, etc). But they don't teach you any real investment strategies, since its not considered "academic".
ur a fool! U need to know something about finance!!!

academics is what get u somethin on ur food ofr ur dinner table

look at doctors, lawyers, you think theyr poor?

theyre rich!!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RepphIz
ur a fool! U need to know something about finance!!!

academics is what get u somethin on ur food ofr ur dinner table
Actually money gets food on your table.

look at doctors, lawyers, you think theyr poor?

theyre rich!!
Not rich enough to get on the Billionaires 200 list (I don't think any of them are doctors/lawyers). Many of them simply appear rich by buying a lot of expensive stuff. You'd be surprised at how much money some of the blue collars can make.

RepphIz

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Actually money gets food on your table.
exactly! where do u get the money from? from ur job that ur degree got u

Not rich enough to get on the Billionaires 200 list (I don't think any of them are doctors/lawyers). Many of them simply appear rich by buying a lot of expensive stuff. You'd be surprised at how much money some of the blue collars can make.
billionaires? HAHAHAHA :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
noone here will ever be billionaires or even get one million, not to mention, its IMPOSSIBLE! they were blessed by God knows what and they just got LUCKY! noone can be a billionaire without getting lucky, just pure luck, if you take their money away from them, they cant make that billion again even if you gave them enough time to do so

simply put, u HAVE to work!

djnewb

Don Juan
Reaction score
noone here will ever be billionaires or even get one million, not to mention, its IMPOSSIBLE! they were blessed by God knows what and they just got LUCKY! noone can be a billionaire without getting lucky, just pure luck, if you take their money away from them, they cant make that billion again even if you gave them enough time to do so
Nothing is ever impossible. We live in a country where anything can happen, where people can be broke to rich in seconds. If you assume things can't happen, then your already setting yourself up for the fall. Grow up, open your eyes, or stop following what society brainwashes you to think.

GG

RepphIz

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by djnewb
Nothing is ever impossible. We live in a country where anything can happen, where people can be broke to rich in seconds. If you assume things can't happen, then your already setting yourself up for the fall. Grow up, open your eyes, or stop following what society brainwashes you to think.

GG
GG? good game? what?

:crackup: while thats true, thats like winning the lottery, good luck on that

u work hard, u get paid hard (that didnt sound right but u know its true)

the society brainwashes me to think? why would the society want to brainwash me??? i have nothing to lose and they have nothing to gain by brainwashing me

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RepphIz
i have nothing to lose and they have nothing to gain by brainwashing me

They brainwash you to think you can never be independent (rich)

RepphIz

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
They brainwash you to think you can never be independent (rich)
oh

but thats because u cant! as above, unless ur a billionaire or somewhere, u have to work for the rest of ur life and get a pension and social security and thats what good job will get u!!

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
there are many paths to becoming wealthy.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: MOST USEFUL university classes

Originally posted by sifer
Eager as you are, unfortunately there is no such class.
The only available class are seminars which usually cost a hefty bunch.

What kind of investing are you going into? Stocks? Gold? Bonds? Real estate? Business opportunities?
If you go to a good college they will have plenty of classes that will teach you real-world applicable advice. If you go to a ****ty college, then you are out of luck.

You get what you pay for!

RepphIz

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: MOST USEFUL university classes

Originally posted by Interpol
If you go to a good college they will have plenty of classes that will teach you real-world applicable advice. If you go to a ****ty college, then you are out of luck.

yup EXACTLy, even then, college helps! you can learn anything in college! if i could ,i would stay in college for the rest of my life! hell id even represent my college like a gangster would to his gang

IVY LEAGUE FOR LIFE! :crackup:

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: MOST USEFUL university classes

Originally posted by Interpol
I wasn't aware that college even taught investing? What course may I ask?

Every quote has the opposite saying with equal wisdom.
Yes, you get what you pay for but sometime you get ripped off.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If luck is all there is to it, why bother trying at all? Why not just be a loser for the rest of your life? After all, only lucky men get dates or become rich.

The problem is most people don't see the failures behind the success. They don't see Bill Gates being rejected by big companies for his first software prototype. They don't see the DJ getting rejected by dozens of women. They only see the success, and say to themselves, "He is rich/gets laid only because he is lucky!".

Everyone gets lucky. Very few people can turn luck into success.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that college even taught investing? What course may I ask?
Personal Finance:

Intended for non-business majors, examines issues underlying decision making regarding personal investments. Topics: present value concepts, financial markets and instruments, portfolio theory, bond and equity valuations, mutual funds, mortgages, taxes, and personal financial planning.

Investment Praxis:

In this course students serve as managers of a portfolio, the Investment Praxis Fund, which is owned by the school. Students will analyze investment opportunities in various industries and present recommendations to the class for possible purchases or sales of securities. Students must demonstrate that their investment decisions are consistent with the style and objectives of the fund. Valuation tools and financial statement analysis are emphasized as part of a thorough analysis. The course will emphasize contact with investment professionals such as portfolio managers, securities traders, consultants, custodians, and plan sponsors. At the end of the semester the students will report their performance to the advisory board of the fund which is composed of University financial officers and outside investment professionals.

I can type out more if you really want, these were only the first courses I found...

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't actually learn anything in college... it's all a bullsh*t diploma.
Only good for showing to your employers.

What you should do is read that book Rich Dad poor Dad and other financial books.

People in the real world didn't learn these skills from college... :rolleyes: