Most important advice?

Forbin

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been a long time lurker on this DJ board, and it has surely made a positive impact on my skills with women. To make a long story short, I am leaving for college in less than 3 weeks and I do not want to slip back into the unsure, timid AFC I was during most of my time in high school under the pressure of a new social situation. I am planning to read the Bible and a bunch of classic posts before I leave, but would anyone care to share some condensed advice here on what the most important aspects of DJ-dom are and how I can exercise them to make the best first impressions at school possible? I see a world of opportunity before me, and I really, REALLY do not want to squander it.

Thanks so much

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
for starters learn to Relax

Dont put to much pressure on yourself

Keep reading and try to put into practice when you have in your head

Be yourself just because your read something on here doesnt mean it's gospel use your "gut" as well

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also from the academic side, do some public speaking type shyt. Volunteer to do the presentation for group projects, be assertive in finding out what extra cirricular stuff is available for your major/interests (besides clubbing!). Talk to the profs. but don't make a nussance of yourself. All of these will continue to build your confidence level and social skills.

And oh... don't bomb out of school. Good luck!

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
I'd say the most common mistake is giving yourself too much credit when you've still got much to learn. I emphasize this because I see a lot of people throughout this board giving bad advice.

If you read and understand the concepts, you're only part of the way to becoming a master.

1. If you are single, did you get at least three numbers last week? (Raise or lower this number depending on your population.)

2. Have you applied all the knowledge you've learned? If I ask you to name some field work that you were proud of, could you talk to me about it for over ten minutes? And entertain me, to boot?

3. If a girl gives you eye contact, can you hold it? Can you immediately walk up to her, chat her up and close her?

4. Do you focus and improve yourself when **** hits the fan? Or do you blame your problems on others or things that you can't control?

These test questions, answered honestly, will show you some weaknesses to work on.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing you can do...is just to start approaching and learn on your own. Something different works for everybody. Take something that sounds good to you and start to apapt to fit you. I'm probably as new as you, but I'm not scared to approach a girl if I find her attractive. I've learned more in 2 weeks of approaching without thought than I could possibly have picked up from reading. Just get out there and have fun with it. Good Luck.