More or less cardio?

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I'm at a real crossroads with information pertaining to cardio. My trainer says you need to increase cardio the more your body improves, otherwise it will adapt. He eventually upped my cardio to 1.5 hrs a day now. But then I read articles that say you don't need more than 30-45 minutes of cardio, and that it should be intense, etc.. Yet my trainer has won bb competitions and the cutting part for that was assisted by 2 HOURS of daily cardio. He says 1.5 should get me to where I wanna be, and that as long as I keep my protein intake high and continue lifting, I won't lose muscle.

So, which is it really? Long or short sessions?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both should be used really, although it depends on a lot. 1.5-2hrs of slow cardio daily is precontest bodybuilder standard, which if you're going for a show that's fine. For 'everyday' fat loss it's not necessary in most cases. Tell us more about yourself.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He is right to a point, but all that means is you should do interval training. Go the same amount of time but every 3-4 minutes, take 1 minute and go as hard as you can for that entire minute and then go back to your normal level. Wash, rinse, repeat as many times as you can. It works.