more harm than good

toasttopper1879

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.I dont think I'm anybodys fool but sometimes I think the dj thing can go too far.Maybe I'm wrong and what I've done is fine,but I'm not so sure.
What I've done is stand up to a girl on an issue.Her issue.Way I saw it was she had her point of view,I had mine and being a man why should I back down and change.She said I was caveman like and sulked.I iggnored the sulks and I suppose eventually she lightened up but the rapport I'd built up seemed lost.
Now I've tried to be a man and stand up for myself,I've stood up for my own opinions,not crumbled because she's demanded her views are correct and basically stood up to her brattish behaviour.
Yet I loose,she turns to the afc boy who agrees with her.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you did the right thing.

Here is the trick. Her response to your conviction will be based on how you portray your willingness to walk away or do without her if she can't see reason. If she truly is being stupid then she'll apologize later on. Remember women are emotionally driven - not logically... so sometimes they get into a fight over something that has no logic or reason - they just follow their emotions.

If you stand by your conviction but then start walking on eggshells afterwards she'll smell it.

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I've done is stand up to a girl on an issue.Her issue.Way I saw it was she had her point of view,I had mine and being a man why should I back down and change.
Be careful about this. Being able to stick to your values and principles is a good thing, but sometimes it's better to listen to constructive criticism.

She said I was caveman like and sulked.I iggnored the sulks and I suppose eventually she lightened up but the rapport I'd built up seemed lost.
IMO, the only reason it seemed like you lost the rapport was because the comment bothered you on some level, and as a result a thin layer of tension built up between the two of you. I would've just said "I'm sorry you feel that way", and carried on like it never happened. Had you done that, your indifference to her comment would have carried over to her, and she'd have forgotten about it just as quickly as you would've.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, give us something to go on here!

You stood up for "an issue"?

"An issue?" How vaugue is that?

toasttopper1879

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was an issue about women's equality.She argued that women were equal in every sense,I disagreed and argueed that equality cant be compared.She took a strop,I stood my ground and ignored her strop,not her opinion.She eventually got over it but I feel it maybe damaged her opinion of me as she seemed to favour the afc views.There was no way of me backing down just to please her but it does seem I've lost out to a kiss arse afc because.

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are half way there. The thing is a real man doesn't sulk or let a womens opinion affect his behavior. Because if she can control your behavior, then she can control you. So a far better thing is to articulately state your point and not change you self confident demeanor.

It is one of my strongest points on how to deal with women, is do not let them change your mood or actions, no matter what. Once you can continue with your calm and cool behavior when she plays games, you will call her out and bring her back up to a rational level, or if not eject like a man.

just my 2 c,

toasttopper1879

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems to have cost me the girl to the afc.Makes a mockery out of the whole ideas of what we believe does'nt it.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were just starting to date her, right? That means NO heavy subjects. That was your mistake. Just laugh off those dissagreements.

Once, a girl started talking about male oppression of women, I just said, "Oppression? In this country, women have half the money and all the Pvssy!! Opression my a$$ HAHAA!"

From an old post:

Don't take her seriously by giving it some logical answer! That's right...women lose interest if you take them seriously!!! It's crazy but that's how they behave. Just blow it off or misinterpret what she's saying as though she is coming on to you. If you fail these tests, she will be gone so fast your head will spin.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
toasttopper1879 said:
Seems to have cost me the girl to the afc.Makes a mockery out of the whole ideas of what we believe does'nt it.

You're looking at it the wrong way here. This statement of yours only rings true if what you believe in is to do ANYTHING for a girl so that she'll pick you.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever anybody tries to criticize me, I hold my head high and just say "Thank you" and take it as a compliment.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
toasttopper1879 said:
It was an issue about women's equality.She argued that women were equal in every sense,I disagreed and argueed that equality cant be compared.She took a strop,I stood my ground and ignored her strop,not her opinion.She eventually got over it but I feel it maybe damaged her opinion of me as she seemed to favour the afc views.There was no way of me backing down just to please her but it does seem I've lost out to a kiss arse afc because.

All the other guys saying do this do that.

Ignore.

Do this instead.

Remember there are millions of women in this world don’t waste your time with a brat who cant hold a decent conversations and uses her sex exploit ways to manipulate your ideals.

So what she goes for an AFC she is obviously the dominant one let him be her emotional tampon and agree with everything she wants to try to get in her pants, maybe she will screw him maybe she wont.

Who cares at the end of the day, why are you concerned, she would not get my interest I don’t care how hot she was.

She turned to the AFC most likely due to the fact SHE knew it would BOTHER you, get it <<<<<<<<

And it did bother you, women can read body language totally.

Sounds like this girl is a brat who is used to getting her own way, imagine the LTR issues here, hey I don’t know about you but I def’ don’t want to be shacked up with a girl like this.

And calling you a cave man, man you take some cra* you do, it is fine in jest but how would she feel if you turned around and called her
A spoilt brat who is used to getting her own way, esp’ with fools like that guy and point to the AFC.