Momma's Boy Syndrome

612_Da_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oposites atrract. Protons and electrons. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Girls and Boys. The thing is if like many boys you were raised mostly by your mother thus creating a sort of "softness" Well a girl will not be attracted to a girly man yet how can someone whom maybe spent 17 years of their lives underneath their mothers' wings and become masculine? Not meaning that you were homo or anything before but that you inherited feminine traits that are undesirable when attracting women. How can I fix that?:confused: (no noob question)

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

faisal

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can't.. it requires rewiring your brain ..well.. actually there's some hope. try taking LSD and go to the strip club, every day, for a month. drink lots of beers and watch lots of football while under the psychedelics. you might just be able to rewire your brain.

NFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live with just my mom.. and I never really had this problem. Me and my mom never got along though, I'm kind of an ******* to her. She's one of the main reasons I don't trust people so easily, and why I am kinda a jerk at first. Lol.

I'm not saying to stop talking to your mom and be an *******... you should actually be happy you guys have a close relationship. I wish I had that with my parents. ANyway.. you can still love your mom and all that and still be manly.. you're just not going to be an *******, scruffy faced tattoo'd jerk off (which is good) just be man.. man as in stand up for youself, what you believe in.. don't let anyone control you.. pave your own path... not that hard. You'll be one of those good guys, but is a man.. and tbh, those are the guys that most successful in life.. and yes.. do get a lot of girls. It is possible to be nice, but still be a "man". I think what you have going for you is good... it's like your own sense of style. Each of us have our own style. Run with yours....

Reaction score
There is no hope. I too am a momma's boy of the worst kind. I am 30 y/o and live with my parents, but my mom is the most controlling of my parents. I have to account to her if I come home too late. She pays for everything and provides comfort and security by doing so. I tend to be childish around her, asking her to buy expensive good food or buy things whenever we go out because I'm too stingy to spend my own money on myself, I like mommy to spend her money on me. She is also praying all the time for me to be successful. So, she is really taking care of me. She even advises me on who I should date, and would be dissapointed if I date someone beneath her approval. I'd break her heart if I lost my virginity and had sex with anyone.

So, I'm a true momma's boy, and I can tell you, that there is no hope. You tell your mom everything, and you cant help it, because she's your mom.

driveon

Don Juan
Reaction score
What you want is what all other MEN have strived for in some form or another throughout our time as a species.

You have to acknowledge that what you are doing, who you are, and what you are thinking doesn't work for you.

You aren't getting what you want and to get what you want, you must make drastic changes.

How?

Have a burning desire to get what you want. See distractions and comfort for what it is and go for what you really want or don't.... nobody cares but you.

but most importantly, focus on your desire.... ultimately its all you have to start with that pushes you in the right direction. Make it stronger.

I'm not replying to anymore stuff... most people who come to this forum just want someone else to do their work for them. it doesn't work that way in the real world... you have to learn how to take responsibility for yourself.

All the information anyone would ever need is already available... its having the desire to get what you want that will allow you to actually find it and apply it.

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
There is no hope. I too am a momma's boy of the worst kind. I am 30 y/o and live with my parents, but my mom is the most controlling of my parents. I have to account to her if I come home too late. She pays for everything and provides comfort and security by doing so. I tend to be childish around her, asking her to buy expensive good food or buy things whenever we go out because I'm too stingy to spend my own money on myself, I like mommy to spend her money on me. She is also praying all the time for me to be successful. So, she is really taking care of me. She even advises me on who I should date, and would be dissapointed if I date someone beneath her approval. I'd break her heart if I lost my virginity and had sex with anyone.

So, I'm a true momma's boy, and I can tell you, that there is no hope. You tell your mom everything, and you cant help it, because she's your mom.

Are you joking?

Surely you are.

You can't be serious.

Hold on... didn't your moms die in childbirth and were you not raised by you uncle on Tataween?

Well don't worry, I have good news for you. I'll make a man out of you yet.

Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!!!

DV

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf?

Anyways, yes it is hard to be a 'manly man' if you were raised by your mother. The same happened to me. But you have to focus on things she gave you that are giving you an example, not what is holding you back. Cassanova was raised by women, he was more sensitive than the average guy but he used it to his advantage. You might not be out there AMOG other guys as much but you can identify with what women feel more and use that to yuor example

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
612_Da_Playa said:
Oposites atrract. Protons and electrons. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Girls and Boys. The thing is if like many boys you were raised mostly by your mother thus creating a sort of "softness" Well a girl will not be attracted to a girly man yet how can someone whom maybe spent 17 years of their lives underneath their mothers' wings and become masculine? Not meaning that you were homo or anything before but that you inherited feminine traits that are undesirable when attracting women. How can I fix that?:confused: (no noob question)

Move out, don't listen to your mom. Think for yourself. That's what you can do.

thesynergist

Don Juan
Reaction score
612_Da_Playa said:
i think you'll be alright.

you've obviously identified some of these feminine traits. maybe if you identify them all--consciously--and then make a proactive (and again, conscious) effort to aviod/ eliminate them, you'll at least have started the process.

read some of the great stuff in the bible (Pook-Be a Man comes to mind), or hell, read ALL of the great stuff in the bible.

also, i've know some very effiminate dudes who were remarkably good at getting tail, so you could also find a way to capitalize on some of these "feminine traits".

plus...you could just be way too hard on yourself. you're 17 man...life'll toughen you up a bit, i'd imagine.

good luck!

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
it is a cultural thing. men in italy tend to live at home until they get married. i have known professional guys in milan who are over 30 and still get tucked in by their mothers at night. these guys are not pathetic. they have vacation apartments in rimini and have young girlfriends. just a part of their culture. it is also very common in southern and eastern europe. i often see tough thuggish looking ukraine dudes walking arm in arm with their mothers on the weekend. it means nothing. girls find it strange if a man isn't really close to his mother.

i wouldn't worry about it. i would think girls would want someone who treats their mother well. says a lot about a man.

Reaction score
The masculine nature always overrides the motherly love eventually - it is not "either" "or" - you can be a man and still love and care for your mother - as you should!!

Women look at how you treat your mother as an example of how you will treat them!

Most men in the world are closer to their mothers than their fathers - this is natural - as the mother is the nurturer and consoler and the one who expresses their love more freely and more often!!

I do believe a father will give you more instruction and encouragement on being more assertive in your manhood and aggressive in your demeanor - but once you get a few @ss kickings you will eventually learn the same!!

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, its easy really. My mom raised me for 9 years all by herself, and of course I was with her for another 9 with a father figure. I was a chump for a while (mom teaching me how to "treat a lady right" and all that BS), but then one day, not long after finding sosuave, I just said to myself..."f.uck that s.hit!" and I haven't looked back.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that all depends on which description of a momma's boy you are. there's the controlling mother and the boy listens to her every whim or there's the spoiled momma's boy which the child bosses the sh@t out of his mother. the mother knows he's the prize child.

i fell under the spoiled momma's boy. ever see the kid that if he doesn't get his way he freaks at his mother and she finally gives in. i nod at those children because those types of boys grow up with backbones that don't take sh@t from women. growing up they don't bow down to women. the other type that says yes mother are nothing but her slave and they will emulate that in their relationships.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay Jay said:
Are you joking?

Surely you are.

You can't be serious.

Hold on... didn't your moms die in childbirth and were you not raised by you uncle on Tataween?

Well don't worry, I have good news for you. I'll make a man out of you yet.

Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!!!

DV
No. No joke. He is 30. He lives with his parents. He cannot move out because his parents will disown him. He cannot get laid, go out (he has a curfew) or stay over at a girl/guy friends house because he will be disowned by his parents.

He is 30.

This is no joke. Yes. Luke is THAT PATHETIC.