Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

moment of truth

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have never caught an episode of this reality show "Moment of Truth"...

but there was a commercial insert that caught my attention.

quick background for those who have no idea how this show works, but they put people on a lie detector and have them answer questions. if they get caught lying the lose out on the jackpot of a certain amount of pre determined money.

this episode that caught my eye was a wife who was asked questions by her husband. he asked his wife about her ex boyfriend prior to their marriage that if the ex bf was still interested in her, would she leave him??

she answered the questoin with no distain ..YES I WOULD LEAVE YOU.

amazing i thought!! the balls, the raw truth out there.

assuming that you were the husband, how would you handle this? what would you do?

being the wife, was that a horrible thing to say? or more importantly. is that a horrible thing to feel??

that brings up several topics.. the validity of marriage, honesty, and other things.

thoughts on this topic....

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
aawww I LOVE CAPITALISM. Its amazing the lengths that people will go to, to get some "free" money. My question is why would any "well adjusted adult" agree to go on the show? You basically know going in, that your trading your relationship for some $$$$. I know for certain any relationship I was in, would be doomed by an appearance on such a show. To me its the equivalent of the Jerry Springer show.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll bet this has been on the husband's mind for some time, which is why he brought up the question, as he wanted to confirm the answer. Probably because there's some suspicious things that have happened that led his mind there. And with good reason, apparently.

So, she's admitting basically that she's not loyal and that she settled when she married this guy. What we already know: lots of women marry men that they don't love, or don't love that much.

This is now a fault line which will forever run through their relationship. Not that I think they're relationship will last. If I was him, I'd get out.

Sounds like the ex BF dumped her, otherwise she'd not be likely to want to run back to him. Hopefully, the ex sees the shows and says, "Better him than me!"

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
I'll bet this has been on the husband's mind for some time, which is why he brought up the question, as he wanted to confirm the answer. Probably because there's some suspicious things that have happened that led his mind there. And with good reason, apparently.
Agreed.

When you think about it, this guy was pretty smart. He basically put his wife to the test, the jackpot or the marriage. She chose the jackpot by being truthful.

I didn't see the show, but great job on his part. Now he can divorce his wife and take half the jackpot, free and clear. He also has a really good reason to get out of a failing marriage. Nobody would challenge him on that, for sure.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigger question though. lets play devils advocate...

is she that wrong for being honest to your husband no matter what the reason?

is her honesty worse than lying about it but still having that "gut feeling" from the husband that she still wants her ex?

mzilla2

Don Juan
Reaction score
[Jack Nicholson]
"You can't handle the truth!"
[/Jack Nicholson]

I think all relationships have their lies, either blatant, unspoken, or simply omitted. Some are bigger than others, and some matter and some don't...

If a chick wasn't that into me, yah, I'd want to know. Knowledge is power, maybe not to influence others but to make the best decisons for yourself.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only time i could condon a lie is if it were in direct opposition to a greater truth.

for instance.

fact: you think your gf's butt is fat
fact: you love your gf and you are highly attracted to her regardless of her butt

ergo: lying to your gf and saying you don't think her butt is fat is ok. because being honest that you think her butt is fat would distort a greater truth - which is that it doesn't matter to you and that you love her.

i've seen moment of truth (which i think is so utterly staged - ever notice how the contestants ALWAYS quit once they've won 100k, they never go for the 1/2 a mil) - anyway, the thing with the show is that shock value is due to isolated nature of the questions.

for instance, they will ask 'have you ever had the desire to sleep with another woman' the guy says 'yes' and the audience goes 'GASP - ooOOOooOOOoo'
then they ask 'would you ever cheat on your wife?" 'he says no' and is telling the truth. 'do you love your wife and find her attractive?" 'he says yes' and is telling the truth.

so its all about getting the 'full' picture.

but in terms of lying, im sort of ok with it when you are lying about something which if you were to tell the truth would interfer / misrepresent a greater truth.

but 99% of the time i think you are best telling the truth. i know i'd rather know that my wife didn't love me than for her to lie to me.

but all this aside, this is also why I believe that you must fine tune your spidey senses and become a human lie detector in this world. if you can't sense when someone isn't telling you the truth versus some form of lie, you will generally get screwed over by most people in some fashion or another.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think this all comes down to provisioning and most women put a price on their man. For example if enough money is provided she would sell out her husband by revealing a "truth".

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is f'd up. I don't watch tv anymore. Maybe this is why.

If it were me, I don't know if I'd ask that question. Shows neediness. But if she answered that way aren't you obligated by Authentic DJ Law to leave the girl?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
This is f'd up. I don't watch tv anymore. Maybe this is why.

If it were me, I don't know if I'd ask that question. Shows neediness. But if she answered that way aren't you obligated by Authentic DJ Law to leave the girl?

the only reason i watch tv is cuz i have tivo (well a pvr). do NOT watch tv unless you have a PVR. typically an hour long show takes me 15 minutes to watch cuz i fast forward thorugh most of it.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about that, last night was a huge basketball game but I have a schedule I'm trying to hold to and tv didn't fit in. I thought about what you said about the Tivo.

But as far as the reality shows, hell no. I mean I used to. I just decided one day to stop watching tv. I almost felt like the tv was living my life and that I was taking all these messages from media. It forces me not to distract myself from myself, lol.

I do kind of miss watching the american idol try-outs.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the husband asks the questions it's the tv people. The dude that actually asked the question to her was the ex boyfriend. He was like the guest question guy. Supposedly they were asked questions 2 months before they had to be on the show with a lie detector then they go on the show and hope their answer matches up. I caught a couple episodes so far and it's destroyed every persons life it looks like. The questions are brutal and ment to **** things up.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I think this all comes down to provisioning and most women put a price on their man. For example if enough money is provided she would sell out her husband by revealing a "truth".
Unfortunately this is true enough to be TRUE. In my experience, most women are little more that skilled and cunning opportunists in their relationships with men.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you guys want to see a real a-hole "i don't give a ****" attitude guy, watch the first episode of this show. In fact, you can watch the entire first episode here, just scroll to the bottom:

http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=mot

What do you folks think of this guy and his interaction with the wife?

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so this episode i was referring to aired last night.

she actually didnt get a chance to answer the question because a family member saved her by hitting a button were she did not have to answer the question.

but even more intriguing is she was asked if she ever had sexual relations while she was married and said YES. all for money $$$

she was even asked if she wish she was married to her ex bf and also said YES $$ for money.

the kicker was after all that... she was asked if she thought she was a good person. she said yes and FAILED the test and got NOTHING!!

Some truths are better left unsaid.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do these reality shows ever contribute anything?