Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mods banning so many members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me why so many member are being banned?

Sageproduct

NaughtyNinja

Down low

These three brought some value to this board.

If anything an interesting point of veiw.

Seems like the mods here are starting to take the posts personal here.

This forum is going on a downward spiral.

Any way it's pretty fvcking ridiculous and you yourselves should be banned.

Hahaha do you guys get some sort of power trip or something?

If you guys so choose to ban me please do me a favour and remove all my posts thanks.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam your bed doesnt seem to be made yet and forget the ice cream untill you finish your vegetables... also there's the meeting with the teachers tomorrow and if I were you I would already prepare to do without nintendo for a good month following it...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Zarky got banned too, since he changed his name to Thumpy now. I enjoyed Down Low's posts, although I know he could get cranky at times. In any case, there are certainly a lot more abusive posters on here than them, and they're not banned.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam the Hobbit, Who Dares Win, and zekko, you're all banned. Please pack your things. ;)

All kidding aside, Sageproduct and NN went on a downward spiral into attention horing until they colluded with each other to make the most nonsensical and inflammatory posts imaginable. Any time they got bored (daily) they would come up with still more nonsense.

I have no idea about what happened to down low. I'm sure he went way over the line.

I get PMs constantly from members who request that this member or that be banned. If I acted on all of them I'd be typing to no one but myself here. We actually ban very sparingly, and someone has to be pretty blatant in their skirting of the rules in order to get the axe.

We also usually privately warn before resorting to banning. IMO it's pretty tough to get yourself banned around here, and every case is discussed carefully before any action is taken. As one who doesn't make the rules but tries to enforce them fairly and without a heavy hand, I consider this to be a very reasonable approach.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Surprised to hear NN was banned. I guess once he listed me in his favorite members list it was just too much for the mods to bear.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
how about instead of issuing bans, after they have been warned, publish the reasons for the ban then make a time limited online poll, for or against? makes it a bit more transparent
the mods vote swaying any doubt

MM92

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad NN is banned. He was just a weirdo. It was obvious as **** ironically he was everything we're striving not to be. A fat, greasy mid-life waster who sits in his bedroom "trolling" people on the internet. Amazed people on here actually took him seriously.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in full support of the mods banning people and trying to clean this place up.

There is WAY too much off topic bullsh!t on the forums these days. There are certain members that when you look at their post history they have NEVER made a single post that could be considered helpful.

Bravo to the mods. Get rid of the trolls.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have be pretty out of control to be banned here. Unlike other forums, SS is extremely lenient with speech (a good thing). Consider the epithets some use from time to time. I'm not complaining - if you want to use a word that works for you, I think you should. True some get ***-out but you won't be reprimanded for using them. I'm just saying this to illustrate how much latitude we have for discussion here. Anyone who's banned was probably asking for it.

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
how about instead of issuing bans, after they have been warned, publish the reasons for the ban then make a time limited online poll, for or against? makes it a bit more transparent
the mods vote swaying any doubt
I don't think we need trials every time some one is banned. I believe the moderators of SS are mature and responsible enough to know what they are doing. As long as the forums are kept clean and in order, I think they are fulfilling their tasks.

Thumpy

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2037134#post2037134

Down Low said:
[Censored so Colossal Moderator The Self-Absorbed One doesn't delete] The Unmentionable One Who Abundantly Deserves Ridicule is still on SRA Purple Level and hoping to get a Red Star from his teacher so he can move on to SRA Violet Level.

Downlows reason for finally being banned. I for one am glad the mods are cleaning up this place. We're here to game not shame women. :nono:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
There is WAY too much off topic bullsh!t on the forums these days.
Agreed...

Thread moved to AE...

...and apologies for not being around here cleaning up a bit more. I've been out in the field working on my pickup and conversation skills. That's what everyone here should be doing.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

Sageproduct

NaughtyNinja

Down low

If you guys so choose to ban me please do me a favour and remove all my posts thanks.

Down Low brought NOTHING to this forum except excessively and needlessly criticizing members in a nonconstructive manner. All he brought was his own ego. In other words, he was a troll.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

Sageproduct

NaughtyNinja

Down low

The mods can't even ban people. Only the admins can. As for your posts they will never be deleted. They will be sold to the highest bidder and printed in a book about how not to pick up woman. Sosuave owns your ass.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to clarify some things on banning:

Everything AtomSmasher said is correct. We don't just arbitrarily ban people who hurt our feelings. There are rules. They are currently stickied at the top of the MM forum. It happens infrequently, but when it does its usually for one of the following: spamming, blatant trolling, repeated flaming, and multiple accounts. All are given fair warnings except for spammers and bots. We don't catch everything, so reported members have to be reviewed before any action is taken.

Since there aren't many of us mods anymore and we have lives too, the site admin is looking for some new mods to help clean up the streets.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

Sageproduct

NaughtyNinja

Down low

I can't recall being apart of a decision to ban a member, except for the worst trolls and of course spammers. Though I am probably among the more laissez-faire of the bunch.

White Boy

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:

Sageproduct

NaughtyNinja

Down low

I sincerely hope you're next Sam. Your posts are ridiculous and don't add anything to the forum. I can't find a single thread of yours regarding dating and how it affects your life. Weren't the first two guys sending adult links to people? Why would you want that to continue on these boards?

Instead of worrying about people you don't know in real life, on an internet forum, I think you should worry about your own life. Specifically, your life and the (lack of) girls in your life.

Maybe you forgot, this is a DATING WEBSITE

Status
Not open for further replies.