Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MM in Their 30's

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
You are not focusing on the bullshyt, the fights, the complications, the responsibilities of rearing children, etc. If you want the good you better also accept the bad.
My girlfriend and I have lived together for 10 years, and we never fight - we're both very laid back. We also don't have any children so no responsibilities there. I'm not saying there are completely no complications or bullsh!t, but if you find the right girl you'd be amazed at how many pitfalls can be avoided. As Backbreaker and Bobby Knight has said: Screen, screen, screen.

Having said that, I will never fully trust any woman, I don't care how long I've been with her. Which is why I'm not married.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I used to have the same thoughts. Do see Briffault's law, it'll make you feel better.

However, my dad had to go to the hospital some time ago, and visiting him I looked in the rooms. After witnessing the epitome of human suffereing, all I can say now is Ƒuck it all! You are nothing without your health. I don't give a crap about Billy's fat wife, or Joey's 6 bratty kids. It's all social smoke and mirrors. Without health, you are nothing, no matter the money, hot wives, or amazing (pfft) kids.

So many great points of view on this thread, not excuses. When the friends file for divorce, you'll feel like a rock star.

Enjoy life no matter what the Ƒuck happens to you socially, and make sure you keep healthy. Everything else is gravy after that.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've accepted that whatever choice you make you'll always wonder what the other side would be like, and sometimes it will seem better, sometimes not.

Having played the field many years, there were plenty of times I wished I had one great woman instead of a choice among a few women who did little to really excite me. I was sometimes envious of friends with LTRs or wives who went on trips, relaxed, did activities together, and always showed up at parties arm in arm and seemingly happy. (Not that I wasn't happy.)

Now that I'm married I can tell a lot of guys envy what I have. However there are times I wish I had those little freedoms, not to mention the thrill of anticipation of a new woman. Don't get me wrong, my wife still passes my boner test and we have a lot of fun. But whatever side you're on, you'll be fine, and there will always be something about the other side that seems alluring. The key is appreciating what you've got.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Im only 25 and I'm noticing this, its weird. And most of the single guys arent players or alphas, they're AFCs.
Ditto.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Man, I used to have the same thoughts. Do see Briffault's law, it'll make you feel better.

However, my dad had to go to the hospital some time ago, and visiting him I looked in the rooms. After witnessing the epitome of human suffereing, all I can say now is Ƒuck it all! You are nothing without your health. I don't give a crap about Billy's fat wife, or Joey's 6 bratty kids. It's all social smoke and mirrors. Without health, you are nothing, no matter the money, hot wives, or amazing (pfft) kids.

So many great points of view on this thread, not excuses. When the friends file for divorce, you'll feel like a rock star.

Enjoy life no matter what the Ƒuck happens to you socially, and make sure you keep healthy. Everything else is gravy after that.
I agree with this 1000%. Spot on. +1 Rep.

We often waste lots of time worrying about sh!t that doesn't even matter. Being jealous of other people's lives when we don't even know the bullsh!t they deal with.

People generally only advertise the GOOD side of their life (especially men). For image sake. We often don't see all the pain and suffering behind the scenes that many people are dealing with.

I'm often surprised to learn how many of my friends and girls I've dated have seen psychiatrists or need medication for physical or mental illnesses. I only find this out after knowing them for a long time and gaining their trust. You would never know just hanging out with them because they seem happy. Don't most people? To be unhappy in modern culture is to be a loser and a failure. So most people hide their misery.

origin138

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So much good sh!t on this thread I don't know where to start.

samspade said:
The key is appreciating what you've got.
Spot on. It's human nature as human beings to always be looking at what we don't have for the moment, and ignore/forget the amazing things we have right in front of us.

Thanks for the replies gents, the compass has been realigned. Happiness has to start within...an all-important reality that gets overlooked frequently. Refocused, moving forward again.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
People generally only advertise the GOOD side of their life (especially men). For image sake. We often don't see all the pain and suffering behind the scenes that many people are dealing with.

I'm often surprised to learn how many of my friends and girls I've dated have seen psychiatrists or need medication for physical or mental illnesses. I only find this out after knowing them for a long time and gaining their trust. You would never know just hanging out with them because they seem happy. Don't most people? To be unhappy in modern culture is to be a loser and a failure. So most people hide their misery.
I was only made aware of this recently. One of my friends (who I thought had a very good marriage) had an honest chat with me a few months back about how he rarely has sex with his wife anymore and was diagnosed with clinical depression. This is a guy who I've always thought had a really happy life. One of my other buddies also revealed how he rarely sleeps with his wife anymore. Bear in mind both of these guys are in their late 20s.. it's quite sad really. Part of me felt so overjoyed that I didn't have to go through any of that BS.

Facebook doesn't help either. People only seem to post the good things that happen to them. It gives the illusion that life's great for everyone except yourself.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
origin138 said:
So much good sh!t on this thread I don't know where to start.

Spot on. It's human nature as human beings to always be looking at what we don't have for the moment, and ignore/forget the amazing things we have right in front of us.

Thanks for the replies gents, the compass has been realigned. Happiness has to start within...an all-important reality that gets overlooked frequently. Refocused, moving forward again.

I should add that you oughtn't lie to yourself. Enjoy what you've got, but don't be dishonest about what you want that would make you happy.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
VladPatton said:
You are nothing without your health. I don't give a crap about Billy's fat wife, or Joey's 6 bratty kids. It's all social smoke and mirrors. Without health, you are nothing, no matter the money, hot wives, or amazing (pfft) kids.

Pretty much. I know this from first hand experience. Stop b1tching people!